It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In joint efforts with the original creators, Capcom, we’re thrilled to announce the re-release of the original Resident Evil™, the groundbreaking series that heralded the golden age of the survival horror genre!

This iconic classic is now available with all its original content intact, featuring quality of life improvements and enhanced compatibility for modern systems. As part of GOG’s ongoing effort to protect and preserve classic games, Resident Evil is now available on the DRM-free GOG store!

Capcom's Resident Evil series has defined and revolutionized the survival horror genre, with the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil™ 2, and Resident Evil™ 3: Nemesis being standout titles that have captivated gamers worldwide. While Resident Evil set the stage, introducing players to the eerie Spencer Mansion and navigating them through terrifying encounters and intricate puzzles, its atmospheric tension and innovative gameplay mechanics laid the foundation for the series' success. Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis successfully expanded the universe, delivering unforgettable experiences that deepened the franchise's lore and horror elements.

That’s not all, though – for the complete Resident Evil experience, we decided to invite someone special to tell us something more about the series. It’s Suzi Hunter, also known as TheSphereHunter! In an exclusive video, Suzi will introduce the history of the franchise and tell the story of its originals’ revival, while interviewing some of the most interesting figures that took part in the process – including GOG’s very own Technical Producer, Adam Ziółkowski, as well as Head of Business Development, Bartosz Kwietniewski. The video will go live soon, and you’ll be able to watch it HERE – so stay tuned!

That being said – Resident Evil is now live on GOG, DRM-free! You can also wishlist Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, or pre-purchase them alongside Resident Evil in a special Bundle – you wouldn’t want to miss this occasion!
Tarhiel: I know about those, but it´s not the same as having a proper remaster, legally available with all the quirks and QoL improvements.
If proper means paying a hefty pricetag for games I already own, i'd rather stick with the originals and some community fixes.
How good are the mouse and keyboard controls?
Foxhack: I think I asked this earlier but there's supposed to be a discount in the RE1-3 bundle, right?

In my region, RE1 is $5.10, so I assume all the games are going to be priced the same... but the bundle is $15.13. That's... not much of a discount. :(
Xeshra: Same issue for my country...

I think the only ones actually getting the 17% discount are US gamers.
Normalprice: 9.99 USD
Bundle: 24.99 USD
A bug, maybe?

Less than R$ 1 for me it's not even a discount.
CMiq: No need for that really, the abandonware 'revival' versions floating around the net prove that quite effortlessly.
Tarhiel: I know about those, but it´s not the same as having a proper remaster, legally available with all the quirks and QoL improvements.
And it would help the game be available on consoles as well.
Just for clarification - I'd be in favour of proper official re-releases too of course, what I meant to say was that I just don't see the need for remastering them, in regards to the graphics at least.
viperfdl: How good are the mouse and keyboard controls?
Since it's tank controls they're very serviceable. In order to use the mouse buttons you'd need to tinker around a bit more, with AutoHotkey, for example.
Post edited June 27, 2024 by CMiq
Did hunt down physical copies of the Games a few years back and i used the Fan Patches to make them run.
But as i am somehow not able to make Isos out of the Discs, i am glad i can grab this Bundle.

Great Work convincing Capcom!

Guess i will play through them in October and make myself some moody Nights.
Xeshra: Same issue for my country...

I think the only ones actually getting the 17% discount are US gamers.
Normalprice: 9.99 USD
Bundle: 24.99 USD
M3troid: A bug, maybe?

Less than R$ 1 for me it's not even a discount.
It is less than 1 CHF for me as well, although it has been "rounded down". 28.50 is full price (3x 9.50) and they made 27.99... which is most likely on purpose, because it is a different price but close to no price cut.

I am not in charge so i can only guess... same as you. I dunno why it has been made like this... no official statement so far. In my mind, usually the publisher is handling prices, although, as far as i known GoG was kinda doing "co-work" on publishing this title, so they may have "a say" on this.

No interest creating waves... but there is surely no understanding, because simply "out of any logics".
Post edited June 27, 2024 by Xeshra
It's really cool to see this game trilogy here! Thank you GOG you guys are awesome!
I think what I liked so much about RE1-3 is the eerieness and atmosphere of these abandoned environments, places that you'd typically see bustling with people being empty. The Police Station, Clock Tower etc.
Post edited June 27, 2024 by Crosmando
high rated
Wow, what a fantastic surprise! So great to have these classics back on GOG. The remakes just are no substitute, nothing can match the original tone and atmosphere.

Maybe you can also bring "Dino Crisis" back?
Amazing! Thank you GOG! Instantly bought it.
amok: Resi 1 was actually a remake of Sweet Home from 1989, both made by Fujiwara
No. It wasn't. I suppose you don't know at least one of them.
Crosmando: I think what I liked so much about RE1-3 is the eerieness and atmosphere of these abandoned environments, places that you'd typically see bustling with people being empty. The Police Station, Clock Tower etc.
Another thing is, the soundtracks were top-tier, providing a chilling, lonely, and dangerous atmosphere..

The ambient sounds also add big part to atmosphere.
Post edited June 27, 2024 by Syphon72
Capcom has really been cooking this month for no particular reason

Thanks GoG for the good job polishing these classics
amok: Resi 1 was actually a remake of Sweet Home from 1989, both made by Fujiwara
seednx: No. It wasn't. I suppose you don't know at least one of them.
I will admit that in the end it is not, yes. But it started out as a remake of Sweet Home, but it was changed several times during production, and while Fujiwara did not direct the final version of Resi 1, he started the first version. The first version, by the way, was not in 3D, but a 2D game made for SNES.
seednx: No. It wasn't. I suppose you don't know at least one of them.
In reality, the only thing that links Sweet Home to the first Resident Evil is the elements that inspired it. But it wasn't the only title that RE was inspired by. As several other forum members have already mentioned in the thread, Edward Carnby's game (Alone in the Dark) would be one of the daddies or granddaddies of Capcom's saga.

Youtube: The Game That Inspired Resident Evil. | Alone in the Dark (1992) Longplay.