It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
Run, like at all. I think that is more my legs being made out of candy corn and duct tape then anything.
Work/life balance. In game its go until you win and in life it doesn't work so well that way.
Raising money In any game you can generate funds faster then a fifteen minute break while irl it is much more difficult
In real life, I've never had to wait for a load screen before I walked out of my house.
Walking next to a wall

Walking over a path with slightly raised surfaces

Having consequences for my actions
Something that's harder to do in a game than in real life? Not get caught up in some crazy life altering quest or adventure.

Do you know how many times I've gone out to a local pub or bar, or just talked to a stranger in real life, then ended up on a life saving quest to fight a dragon or save a kingdom or a planet? Zero.

But almost every time I boot up a game... BAM!

"Can you help me with this small, Dark Lord, issue I'm having?"
or
"Oh no you just got sucked into a vortex and carried off to some far away place, but as long as you're here, would you mind rescuing my daughter/son/father/kingdom/planet/etc...?"
or
"I know this was supposed to be some work training exercise, but actually it's a rogue AI with an amusing personality that's trying to kill you. Oh, and it will use cake to try and entice you."
or
Go on vacation to a dope island resort, BOOM, everyone is a zombie! Good luck.
or
"Hey, we know you just woke up from some drunken stupor and you have no idea where you are, oh, and also you're in shackles..." okay wait, this might have also happened in real life, but still there were NO dragons or warlords or witches to fight. Not even necessary to plot a daring escape. No great adventure to embark on. Just a very angry S.O. and a terrible headache.

But in real life:

I go out to the supermarket to buy some groceries, then I come home with said groceries. The end.
or
I go hangout with my friends at the bar and the only thing they need help with is their stupid boring work problems or even worse they talk about their kids... ugh. No dragon, no prince/princess, no adventure, NOTHING.
or
I go on vacation to some island resort. I have a safe flight, land safely, get a ride to my hotel, spend a week enjoying the sights, maybe go swim or lay out by the beach/pool, have some drinks, enjoy my vacation, come home. NO ZOMBIES. None, zip, zero, zilch, NADA.
or
They send me to some off-site training facility for work. Nothing happens. We just talk about how we can increase productivity and/or be more efficient employees, or some other soul sucking, boring topic that I have no interest in. Not a single intelligent life form even tries to kill me. Oh and guess what, there's actually cake!

So yeah it's very difficult NOT to end up on a life changing quest or adventure in a game; gaming is rough.
Drive a car in racing sims. Shifting gears is much harder with a gamepad than with an actual gear stick
Post edited May 08, 2021 by fc_gooner
fc_gooner: Drive a car in racing sims. Shifting gears is much harder with a gamepad than with an actual gear stick
That is a very good one. Actually gear sticks have a great design. Neal Stephenson wrote in In the Beginning it was the command line... that if cars had been invented in the present day, in the computer age, they would have terrible gear sticks.
Not starving
Okay so hear me out in so many games with a hunger mechanic there's just not as much "food" as in real life
now sure I am not going to say that there's a 5 star meal in every tree but in how many games can you eat bark?
or what about bugs? maybe dirt? and that's just the tip of the ice berg I mean there's WAY more fruits then just bananas and coconuts. And sure these are not really nutritionally great foods (well bugs are) but there still stuff to fill your stomach.

On top of all that in how many games with a hunger stat can you play as a fat person or if you can how many times has
it affected the gameplay. I mean we have allot more fat in our reserves witch will keep us from not starving longer as we just have more fat to burn

And of course in most games with a hunger mechanic there survival games and in are modern times we don't really
have think about whats edible in the forest just open the fridge and boom food
1) Walking or running through different building and outdoor spaces due to traps such of spikes, bottomless pits, nets, bombs, explosions, poisonous pits, lava, frozen icing, frozen spikes, smashing devices, zombies, etc.
2) Not able to go to an emergency room to get help from sickness such as being poisoned when you have no healing items or elixirs.
3) Not able to eat your favorite food(s) as it is not available in the game.
Well while playing splinter cell the level of stealth ness required was to much, we don't see that type of game anymore, ubisoft have been it on ventilator and og fans are requesting for it to be revived.
I play 8 instruments pretty well but I NEVER got the hang of Guitar Hero.
I've discovered that is a lot harder to beat up my little brother in fighting games than it is in real life. In real life, I can seamlessly transition my punches, kicks and super moves without cancelling, linking, dashing, quarter circles, or a full meter. He also surprisingly takes a lot more damage even when blocking :)
My point of view on the question what do you think is harder in a game than in real life.

I feel its hard to connect with games on a deeper level mainly thus that many games today lack a deep storyline that holds tight from the very begining to the very end . Most Npcs have very litte interaction abilities.

To better describe what I mean .
A well written book can make you feel the characters in the book hence connect.
You can feel the story unfolding

For some of us gamers, games are in a way like reading a book ( the story in the game )
Where you can make some choices and pherhaps alter the ending who lives dies and so on.
Not starving
Okay so hear me out in so many games with a hunger mechanic there's just not as much "food" as in real life
now sure I am not going to say that there's a 5 star meal in every tree but in how many games can you eat bark?
or what about bugs? maybe dirt? and that's just the tip of the ice berg I mean there's WAY more fruits then just bananas and coconuts. And sure these are not really nutritionally great foods (well bugs are) but there still stuff to fill your stomach.

On top of all that in how many games with a hunger stat can you play as a fat person or if you can how many times has
it affected the gameplay. I mean we have allot more fat in our reserves witch will keep us from not starving longer as we just have more fat to burn

And of course in most games with a hunger mechanic there survival games and in are modern times we don't really
have to think about whats edible in the forest just open the fridge and boom food
Post edited May 08, 2021 by Geoff360420666
What things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from my perspective ?

1- Judge distance in first person view
2- In racing games, since you cannot feel forces, I take most turns too fast or too slow
3- Sound source localisation
Pick up random stuff and use it. All games have things just laying around but you cant the bulk of it, in real life I can just pick it up and use it if I want.