It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: I think there won't be any action in the direction of less DRM from GOG. On the contrary. They continuously move towards more DRM and the outcry, by now, is far too small to make them reconsider. So far only DLCs and cosmetics are DRM-ed. But if the trend of the recent years continues, GOG will eventually allow all kinds of DRM, just to increase their catalogue size.
Yeshu: Examples? People keep saying this and that is DRM and the only proof they show is "Because I say so!".

Seriously? This thread devolved into shitposting for a bunch of elitists that are more concerned about stroking there own ego rather than actually put in some effort to make a change.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm
Yeshu: Seriously? This thread devolved into shitposting for a bunch of elitists that are more concerned about stroking there own ego rather than actually put in some effort to make a change.
What kind of 'effort' do you suggest this 'bunch of elitists' should put in 'to make a change'?
low rated
Yeshu: Seriously? This thread devolved into shitposting for a bunch of elitists that are more concerned about stroking there own ego rather than actually put in some effort to make a change.
Zrevnur: What kind of 'effort' do you suggest this 'bunch of elitists' should put in 'to make a change'?
That's the worst, everyone identifies this group of users with the problematic and minority group of users of the gog forum.

I do not deny that this cannot be true but in some things they are saying they are quite right.
high rated
Yeshu: It's not that [games from Epic] are sold through GOG Galaxy. It's that by syncing Galaxy you can buy games at the Epic Games Store through the Galaxy app.

You are buying games at the Epic Games Store while Galaxy is the middle man in the transaction.

From the GOG Rep:
"GOG.COM stays DRM-free, GOG GALAXY app is about connecting all of your games into one place. That being said, there is a possibility to have only the GOG.COM store visible in the app as well, so the GOG GALAXY store remains optional."
If Galaxy is just the middle man that takes users to Epic's store, the way that you seem to believe, then why would GOG the company be providing tech support and refunds for these DRMed games? That indicates to at least some degree that they are "sellers" of these games regardless of how Epic gets paid or even if GOG themselves don't make any money at all from the transaction on these particular games.

The line from the GOG rep is similar to saying you can go on Humble Bundle and click the DRM-free checkbox so that you don't have to look at any of the DRMed games that otherwise populate their store. That is to say, it wouldn't change the fact of Humble Bundle selling DRMed Steam games, just like hiding the new store in Galaxy wouldn't change the fact of GOG selling DRMed Epic games.
low rated
Zrevnur: What kind of 'effort' do you suggest this 'bunch of elitists' should put in 'to make a change'?
rjbuffchix: If Galaxy is just the middle man that takes users to Epic's store...
A head's up: the user y'all replied to is one of a handful that have recently(past few months) been(to varying degrees) "stirring the pot" in threads that criticize gog.
Post edited March 21, 2021 by GamezRanker
rjbuffchix: If Galaxy is just the middle man that takes users to Epic's store, the way that you seem to believe, then why would GOG the company be providing tech support and refunds for these DRMed games? That indicates to at least some degree that they are "sellers" of these games regardless of how Epic gets paid or even if GOG themselves don't make any money at all from the transaction on these particular games.
Precisely. It is hard to imagine that GOG is not making money off those games, if they have agreed to provide tech support for them. The whole deal is obviously a front for GOG to start profiting from DRMed games, which allows them to maintain a level of 'plausible deniability'. They insult our intelligence, as usual, as well as lacking the decency to just come clean and be honest about what they are doing.
Post edited March 21, 2021 by Time4Tea
low rated
For one thing, take there grivencese OUTSIDE this forum.
Start a community outside these closed of talk boxes.

Secondly, gather information, links and articles that would allow people to learn about what they are trying to achieve. Most of the time these kind of boycotts stop on "Trust me bro!" and people tend to fall of after like a month if not sooner.

Seriously anything than being a crybaby on a game store forum.
Yeshu: It's not that [games from Epic] are sold through GOG Galaxy. It's that by syncing Galaxy you can buy games at the Epic Games Store through the Galaxy app.

You are buying games at the Epic Games Store while Galaxy is the middle man in the transaction.

From the GOG Rep:
"GOG.COM stays DRM-free, GOG GALAXY app is about connecting all of your games into one place. That being said, there is a possibility to have only the GOG.COM store visible in the app as well, so the GOG GALAXY store remains optional."
rjbuffchix: If Galaxy is just the middle man that takes users to Epic's store, the way that you seem to believe, then why would GOG the company be providing tech support and refunds for these DRMed games? That indicates to at least some degree that they are "sellers" of these games regardless of how Epic gets paid or even if GOG themselves don't make any money at all from the transaction on these particular games.

The line from the GOG rep is similar to saying you can go on Humble Bundle and click the DRM-free checkbox so that you don't have to look at any of the DRMed games that otherwise populate their store. That is to say, it wouldn't change the fact of Humble Bundle selling DRMed Steam games, just like hiding the new store in Galaxy wouldn't change the fact of GOG selling DRMed Epic games.
If you read the article, GOG wants Galaxy to be. besides there stores app, a hub where people would connect ALL there store fronts to have an easer way to segregate and play them.

The GOG store will still be DRM free, while the other stores would follow there own rules. No one is forcing you buy from the Epic Games store. The DRM games ARE NOT PART OF THE GOG STORE FRONT! Galaxy is suppose to allow you to axes these other store front to make purchases without opening and closing other apps.
Again Galaxy was always marketed as a hub for ALL the store fronts where you have games. Just buy games from GOG don't use the other store fronts.

You are sirously misrepresenting the provided info to confirm your bias.
rjbuffchix: If Galaxy is just the middle man that takes users to Epic's store...
GamezRanker: A head's up: the user y'all replied to is one of a handful that have recently(past few months) been(to varying degrees) "stirring the pot" in threads that criticize gog.
If by stirring the pot you mean asking questions and pointing out logical fallacies in what has become a one sided circklejerk, than yes I am stirring the pot.
Post edited March 21, 2021 by Yeshu
low rated
Yeshu: Examples? People keep saying this and that is DRM and the only proof they show is "Because I say so!".

Seriously? This thread devolved into shitposting for a bunch of elitists that are more concerned about stroking there own ego rather than actually put in some effort to make a change.
mrkgnao: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm
More like "List of games that require the GOG Galaxy to play multiplayer that was disclosed way back".
Yeshu: More like "List of games that require the GOG Galaxy to play multiplayer that was disclosed way back".
Post #2 is about multiplayer. Post #1 is about singleplayer.
low rated
Yeshu: More like "List of games that require the GOG Galaxy to play multiplayer that was disclosed way back".
mrkgnao: Post #2 is about multiplayer. Post #1 is about singleplayer.
The "Singleplayer DRM" is multiplayer/co-op features and bonus items from promotions that require an internet connection to validate them. You have full access to the singleplayer.

Some of these "DRM" claims are just pathetic. Like the FEAR one where it's a bug do to Securom being a tough nut to crack and what I gather very few people actually experience any problems with it. Installed the game just to check, no problem with getting it to run.
Post edited March 21, 2021 by Yeshu
mrkgnao: Post #2 is about multiplayer. Post #1 is about singleplayer.
Yeshu: The "Singleplayer DRM" is multiplayer/co-op features and bonus items from promotions that require an internet connection to validate them. You have full access to the singleplayer.

Some of these "DRM" claims are just pathetic. Like the FEAR one where it's a bug do to Securom being a tough nut to crack and what I gather very few people actually experience any problems with it. Installed the game just to check, no problem with getting it to run.
Instead of talking in general, let's take two examples:
- In Absolver, you cannot replay boss battles in single player mode unless you go online. This is singleplayer content that you have no access to unless you submit to the "DRM".
- In CP2077, you cannot use the "rewards" items in the single-player campaign unless you log in and authenticate via galaxy. This is singleplayer content that you have no access to unless you submit to the "DRM".

I believe that calling this anything other than singleplayer content, or stating that one has "full" access to singleplayer content, would be a "logical fallacy".
Post edited March 22, 2021 by mrkgnao
GamezRanker: A head's up: the user y'all replied to is one of a handful that have recently(past few months) been(to varying degrees) "stirring the pot" in threads that criticize gog.
I appreciate you mentioning that, though I like to give people the benefit of the doubt if possible (and I know you do as well from our interactions on here). That is to say, I'm not accusing anyone in this topic of anything, or absolving them either :) I have to catch up on the discussion and see what they have to say before adding more direct responses to what I was discussing there.

To bring it back to the general discussion in this topic, that reminds me. Absolver. To my knowledge GOG hasn't addressed the issues with that but from some of your descriptions in here, it's pretty egregious. Separate from that game, a user brought up a point earlier (perhaps in a different topic, I'm not remembering) that GOG has responded pretty quickly in fixing "actual" DRM issues such as the Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC that wouldn't start without Galaxy, while GOG has responded glacially or not at all in fixing more cosmetic type issues (I'm also lumping F.E.A.R. Securom remnants in this). I thought that was an interesting point/theory, however, don't the issues with Absolver kind of refute it? Food for thought.

Edit: And I see as I made my post mrkgnao was elaborating more about Absolver, so evidently GOG is still taking their time rectifying that situation.
Post edited March 22, 2021 by rjbuffchix
Yeshu: The GOG store will still be DRM free, while the other stores would follow there own rules. No one is forcing you buy from the Epic Games store. The DRM games ARE NOT PART OF THE GOG STORE FRONT! Galaxy is suppose to allow you to axes these other store front to make purchases without opening and closing other apps.
Again Galaxy was always marketed as a hub for ALL the store fronts where you have games. Just buy games from GOG don't use the other store fronts.
Okay, I believe we may be talking past one another on some level? But this was essentially something I referenced in my earlier post.

GOG-the-company is making (what I call) an arbitrary distinction between GOG.com - the DRM-free gaming webstore, and GOG Galaxy - the client that also lets you purchase DRMed games. The reason why I say it's arbitrary is because GOG, meaning GOG-the-company, has both of these things under its umbrella. So, if someone says GOG, meaning GOG-the-company, is selling DRMed games, due to DRMed games being sold through Galaxy 2.0's store app, that seems to be the plain reality of the situation.

You seem very concentrated on the idea that since GOG (allegedly) isn't the one selling the games, and since Galaxy is (allegedly) just a middle man to get you to the other stores, it's all cool. And on a practical level I'd even agree in that I'd rather any DRM games (from any store) be confined to Galaxy-land instead of being on the GOG.com website. But ultimately, I view the shift as GOG as a company supporting the existence and proliferation of DRMed games, so that's still not enough even if I accept your claims as presented.

Yeshu: You are sirously misrepresenting the provided info to confirm your bias.
As an aside, could you please try to refrain from these sorts of little jabs? I find it unproductive to a good discussion. If I can improve any of my language/wording feel free to let me know too.
Yeshu: For one thing, take there grivencese OUTSIDE this forum.
Start a community outside these closed of talk boxes.
What is that going to achieve? How will that be more effective than a user boycott? Why does it matter where the GOG-boycotting community chooses to discuss matters? This is a complete red herring.

Yeshu: Secondly, gather information, links and articles that would allow people to learn about what they are trying to achieve. Most of the time these kind of boycotts stop on "Trust me bro!" and people tend to fall of after like a month if not sooner.
The first post of this thread has a clear list of greiviances and contains several links to other threads that provide a considerable amount of further details about the issues at hand. Perhaps you should try reading it?

Yeshu: If you read the article, GOG wants Galaxy to be. besides there stores app, a hub where people would connect ALL there store fronts to have an easer way to segregate and play them.

The GOG store will still be DRM free, while the other stores would follow there own rules. No one is forcing you buy from the Epic Games store. The DRM games ARE NOT PART OF THE GOG STORE FRONT! Galaxy is suppose to allow you to axes these other store front to make purchases without opening and closing other apps.

You are sirously misrepresenting the provided info to confirm your bias.
You totally failed to address rjbuffchix' point about GOG providing support for Epic games sold through Galaxy. If, as you claim, Galaxy is simply providing a link to EGS, why would GOG be providing technical support for those games? Because, the reality is that they are clearly GOG sales.

I'm sorry fella, but again it seems you are the one who is badly misinformed. Besides, quoting GOG's own articles and PR tatements as if they somehow prove they are squeaky-clean and innocent is rather naive, don't you think?
Post edited March 22, 2021 by Time4Tea
Yeshu: The "Singleplayer DRM" is multiplayer/co-op features and bonus items from promotions that require an internet connection to validate them. You have full access to the singleplayer.

mrkgnao: Instead of talking in general, let's take two examples:
- In Absolver, you cannot replay boss battles in single player mode unless you go online. This is singleplayer content that you have no access to unless you submit to the "DRM".
- In CP2077, you cannot use the "rewards" items in the single-player campaign unless you log in and authenticate via galaxy. This is singleplayer content that you have no access to unless you submit to the "DRM".

I believe that calling this anything other than singleplayer content, or stating that one has "full" access to singleplayer content, would be a "logical fallacy".
In my personal opinion I don't see the Cyberpunk stuff as "Rewards", I see them more as Advertising as it is mostly stuff promoting The Witcher and Galaxy, and honestly why would someone who doesn't want anything to do with Galaxy want a shirt that supports Galaxy?. It is an honest question not an attack or anything.