It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Great news for all fans of the deadly red-haired vampire! Today both BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut receive a big update from Ziggurat that will further enhance their looks and performance.

Changes in BloodRayne: Terminal Cut include restoring details of elements like enemy’s uniforms and flesh tones, as well as the improved rendering of water and reflections. Also, Japanese voice-acting and subtitles have been added.

BloodRayne: Terminal Cut 2 on the other hand received, among other things, some missing music and audio tracks, as well as improved resolution and scaling of included bonus materials.

To see the full list of updated features just visit both games’ pages on GOG.COM.

To celebrate this big update, we’ve decided to give you a set of discounts on Bloodrayne titles that will last until 20th May 2021, 1 PM UTC.
_Auster_: I already have both the legacy version of 1 and 2, the remasters and the Betrayal game, but the bundles still appears as not owned to me. Is that a bug/misconfiguration of the bundles or is there something exclusive to them?
It's not a bug, it's a feature. To be more precise, the way GOG has configured bundles is to treat them as a separate product. As a result, if you didn't specifically buy a bundle containing all the products, but bought it piecemeal instead, it wouldn't count it as owned.
Good timing! I've just finished my third run through BR1 and started BR2 ))
_Auster_: I already have both the legacy version of 1 and 2, the remasters and the Betrayal game, but the bundles still appears as not owned to me. Is that a bug/misconfiguration of the bundles or is there something exclusive to them?
Don't you worry, this is how it's supposed to be!
I bought Metro Franchise bundle but Metro Gold and Season Pass were not owned after that, then I bought Metro Exodus Gold but the Season Pass still not owned. What about Wolfenstein II bundles? I bought the Deluxe bundle but the base game along with Season Pass and standalone missions were not owned, I bought the Season Pass and a base game and guess what, those frigging standalone mission are not mine still. Neverwinter Nights? Thank goodness I have the great opportunity to buy the Deluxe Edition once again, because I bought it previously along with missing DLCs and yes base game is not included. Shadowrun? Well, I bought it only 3 times. And I was lucky enough to purchase myself Mafia 3 Seaon Pass with a good discount about a year ago.
Bundles, what's there not to love???

@GOG Because why bother, right? Only Steam can solve that impossible task but it plagued with DRM curse. I bet the Purple Eye will be resolved in no time seeing how you care about your clients.

On-topic: I bought the complete bundle even though I had all the games, good to know that a lesser bundle still not owned.
Attachments:
Post edited May 14, 2021 by Cadaver747
Looks like it's finally time to try out the terminal cut versions.
Grargar: It's not a bug, it's a feature. To be more precise, the way GOG has configured bundles is to treat them as a separate product. As a result, if you didn't specifically buy a bundle containing all the products, but bought it piecemeal instead, it wouldn't count it as owned.
Yep, and fixing this "feature" haunts the community wishlist for 4 years now:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/goty_should_mark_main_game_and_dlcs_as_bought
Post edited May 14, 2021 by GGLapkizzz
low rated
DoomSooth: The horruhhhh... The horruhhhh...
You do know that some people don't have a lot of money to spend on games, right?

Btw, while you're here: what is your stance(like/dislike/etc) on game companies making/selling things like cosmetic DLC and lootboxes? Same or different as with remaster/remakes & their prices? And if different, why?
DoomSooth: The horruhhhh... The horruhhhh...
GamezRanker: You do know that some people don't have a lot of money to spend on games, right?
You do know that was a reference to the Shadowman trailer, right? :)

Anyway, the companies that do that have to try and make some of their money back from remastering the game(s) in question. If other companies decide to provide the update(s) for free, I won't complain, but I won't expect it either. Some things just cost more than others and there isn't really much to be done about it. I'd like a newer computer for the same price I paid for my older one. It's not going to happen. If I want something that I think costs too much, I either have to save my money until I can afford it or do without.

As far as add-ons and expansions go, I don't care, as long as they aren't exclusive.
Post edited May 15, 2021 by DoomSooth
Great, blocked in Germany...
GGLapkizzz: Yep, and fixing this "feature" haunts the community wishlist for 4 years now:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/goty_should_mark_main_game_and_dlcs_as_bought
4? Maybe for this particular wishlist, but the "feature" has existed ever since 2013.
Post edited May 15, 2021 by Grargar
low rated
DoomSooth: You do know that was a reference to the Shadowman trailer, right? :)
Doh!
(yeah, ya can prolly tell I didn't watch it yet)

DoomSooth: Anyway, the companies that do that have to try and make some of their money back from remastering the game(s) in question.
Yeah, companies need to recoup costs and a small profit is often in order for their efforts.

That said, when a company takes down a cheaper(often perfectly fine) version of a game to sell theirs at a higher price point with no alternatives, that leaves a slightly bad taste in my mouth.

DoomSooth: If I want something that I think costs too much, I either have to save my money until I can afford it or do without.
Imagine if you saved your money and some company came along and took all the old versions/copies of what you wanted to buy out of stores.....and replaced it with something which was near the same version but with a "flashy coat of paint" & sold at 2-3x the price.
Post edited May 15, 2021 by GamezRanker
Arundir: Great, blocked in Germany...
Far better for it to be blocked in Germany than for it to be censored worldwide in order to pander to tyrannical laws in Germany.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: tyrannical laws in Germany.
*bursts out laughing*

Quite a few are rediculous, but that's a stretch.

On a more serious note, are the new versions 1.03 or weren't the offline installers patched yet? There are no changelogs and I can't access the store page on my phone.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Far better for it to be blocked in Germany than for it to be censored worldwide in order to pander to tyrannical laws in Germany.
When the context of the game doesn't glorify NS stuff in any way then there is no problem releasing it uncut for Germany. All Wolfenstein games here on GOG are available for people from Germany and they are all uncensored. The First BloodRayne is not glorifying anything and with all the zombies, vampires and other enemies in the game it's also not a very realistic game. I assume if Ziggurat would try to get it removed from the German Index they would succeed. Same for the second game in which you don't even fight Nazis.
NuffCatnip: There are no changelogs and I can't access the store page on my phone.
The changelogs have been posted in the BloodRayne subforum hours ago by someone from the dev/publisher team. BloodRayne 1 has been updated to 1.04 and BloodRayne 2 to 1.03.
Post edited May 15, 2021 by Berzerk2k2
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Far better for it to be blocked in Germany than for it to be censored worldwide in order to pander to tyrannical laws in Germany.
Berzerk2k2: When the context of the game doesn't glorify NS stuff in any way then there is no problem releasing it uncut for Germany. All Wolfenstein games here on GOG are available for people from Germany and they are all uncensored. The First BloodRayne is not glorifying anything and with all the zombies, vampires and other enemies in the game it's also not a very realistic game. I assume if Ziggurat would try to get it removed from the German Index they would succeed. Same for the second game in which you don't even fight Nazis.
And I believe getting something removed from the index still requires the inquirer/applicant to pay a fee for the expenses of another mandatory review determining whether the work in question is actually eligible for removal from the index. Which indeed very likely would succeed by invoking the Sozialadaequanzklausel established in 2018, but I guess not everybody would be willing to pay for said assumed expenses.
Simply waiting for the listing to expire (was it 25 years or something along those lines?) after which the previously indexed work can be publically advertised/put up for sale again, would be the other option.
Post edited May 15, 2021 by Swedrami
Swedrami: Simply waiting for the listing to expire (was it 25 years or something along those lines?) after which the previously indexed work can be publically advertised/put up for sale again, would be another option.
Yeah unfortunately that's what mostly happens when it comes to games that are a little bit older already.