It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'd be interested in Riddick or Banished if anyone has a spare one.

Thanks for the consideration.

edit: Thank you, Jmich and Sinistar
Post edited November 13, 2015 by mrcrispy83
high rated
It's puzzle time again, this one is for a higher tier game, Chronicles of Riddick, so I've made the puzzle more difficult and labour-intensive than the first, but if you like puzzling and you like a free game, enjoy:

? - the first letter of a turn-based strategy series created originally by 3DO.

? - the first letter of an RPG made by Obsidian to honor the old Infinity Engine games

? - the first letter of the RPG-series accompanying the series of games of the first question

? - the first letter of real time strategy series by Microsoft Studios, the first install of which took place in antiquity, the second in the middle ages and the third in the age of the colonial explorers.

? - if you know the answer to the second question, take the first letter of the last word of the name of the game

? - Battlefield ? was the first one to take place in the present

? - a Skatalites concert always begins with a countdown to ... - take the first letter of the word.

? - the first letter of the subtitle of the game you are trying to unlock at this very moment

? - x square is the same as x to the power of ?

? - back to the Battlefield series, soldier! - what's the number of the most recent one that had a number for a name?

? - the number of languages sproken natively in Belgium

? - how many Infinity Engine games has Beamdog released so far?

?? - what letters do the abbrevations of the games in the former question have in common?

? - 3 square

? - ... minus 3

? - add 1 to the answer of the 15th question

? - go hunt for a 2nd edition AD&D character stats table - at what level of unpleasantness does the CHARISMA score equal the reaction adjustment penalty?

? - now you are ?inally done! Congrats if you managed to unlock the code to Chronicles of Riddick! Don't forget to say thank you and let your fellow forum members know it is taken.
Post edited November 13, 2015 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: It's puzzle time again
+1 for you, sir.
I really miss "good old GOG's times" when people create puzzles when giving codes away. I will try to solve puzzle later, in my free time, just for the fun of solving.
DubConqueror: It's puzzle time again
Lexor: +1 for you, sir.
I really miss "good old GOG's times" when people create puzzles when giving codes away. I will try to solve puzzle later, in my free time, just for the fun of solving.
Thank you. My guess is people are flinching for the extensiveness of the puzzle - or everyone ownes Chronicles of Riddick already. It's been online for 2 hours now and still unsolved.

WHO WILL CRACK THE CODE? Stay tuned on GOG.com for the answer and for trying your luck yourself.

There's honor to be won despite a game!
DubConqueror: Thank you. My guess is people are flinching for the extensiveness of the puzzle - or everyone ownes Chronicles of Riddick already. It's been online for 2 hours now and still unsolved.

WHO WILL CRACK THE CODE? Stay tuned on GOG.com for the answer and for trying your luck yourself.

Are you sure that all your clues have only one possible answer (or a valid answer at all)?

For instance, "Infinity Engine games released by Beamdog" includes or not games made in Infinity Enhanced Engine?
low rated
DubConqueror: Thank you. My guess is people are flinching for the extensiveness of the puzzle - or everyone ownes Chronicles of Riddick already. It's been online for 2 hours now and still unsolved.

I won't crack ALL of the code since I own the game, but I will do the math and some other stuff, if you excuse me.

???????????????????

? - x square is the same as x to the power of ?
To the power of 2.

3 square
3^2 = 3*3 = 9

? - ... minus 3
9 - 3 = 6

? - back to the Battlefield series, soldier! - what's the number of the most recent one that had a number for a name?

? - add 1 to the answer of the 15th question

? - now you are ?inally done! Congrats if you managed to unlock the code to Chronicles of Riddick! Don't forget to say thank you and let your fellow forum members know it is taken.
F

? - the first letter of the subtitle of the game you are trying to unlock at this very moment
A

This is my decodes. I hope they are right, as the question mark based puzzle might have lost me due to their county nature. Continue from there!

???????A24????9610?F

EDIT: Actually the code is, after accounting a certain trick DubConquerer used in the code, is...
???????A24????967?F
Post edited November 13, 2015 by PookaMustard
I have:
HPMAE2OA2434EE9674F
But obviously at least one answer is wrong.

The last 4 is valid only if someone would consider 4 = -4 (which is obviously wrong).
Seb71: I have:
HPMAE2OA2434EE9674F

The last 4 is valid only if someone would consider 4 = -4 (which is obviously wrong).
Hmm, DubConqueror used a trick. He said to ADD 1 TO THE FIFTEENTH ANSWER. One of the answers were TWO unknown strings. So I fell into the trap and counted 15 characters as opposed to 15 answers (which means I would need to go through 16 characters and add to the 16th character).

That's a very sly trick we have here! I like it. Now I'm convinced why your third to last character is a 7 instead of a 10.
Post edited November 13, 2015 by PookaMustard
One amusing fact I discovered when trying to solve the puzzle: I found a ~6000 pages manual for Dungeons & Dragons. You must be a very determined person to play such a game.
Post edited November 13, 2015 by Seb71
Brain storm
Seb71: I have:
HPMAE2OA2434EE9674F

With a CHA of 4, you get penalized by a 4 point subtraction, was the way my mind went, but my phrasing of the question might have mistranslated that train of thought.

You are only 1 answer wrong, with the code up above. So with that hint, I'll leave you Goglodytes to find out which answer is the wrong answer.

It's very nice of you all to see you so active in code-breaking! Thanks a lot, it's giving me great joy and I hope you're all enjoying it too!

PookaMustard: Hmm, DubConqueror used a trick. He said to ADD 1 TO THE FIFTEENTH ANSWER. One of the answers were TWO unknown strings. So I fell into the trap and counted 15 characters as opposed to 15 answers (which means I would need to go through 16 characters and add to the 16th character).

That's a very sly trick we have here! I like it. Now I'm convinced why your third to last character is a 7 instead of a 10.
I'm glad you liked the trick and found out you had to count the questions.
Post edited November 13, 2015 by DubConqueror
Hi all.

I am interested in Riddick is anyone can spare it.

I thought they may have a Star Wars bundle, however; (seeing they have now shown all bundles that will be available) it appears I may have to wait until the Winter Sale.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
Huh. Thought for sure I'd have no problem hitting all three tiers this sale. This being the final day, I guess I was wrong.

GIVEN - System Shock 2
GIVEN - Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
WANT - Banished
Post edited November 24, 2015 by Jagger2k7
So i've gone over every single answer at least 10 times (also sent detailed answers to every question to the poster) and the code should be HPMAE2FA2433EE9674F. But that still says invalid.
Yes, the Skatalites is one of the questions with two possible answers (O from One or F for Freedom), but I tried with F and is not working either so O is the correct answer to that one.