It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
Redfoxe: Ah sehr gut mein herren und damen
Mein Igel habe meine Kartoffeln gegessen
RetroRaven: Oh you svenskar och er rolig tyska ^^
Men ni gör det ofta bättre än amerikanerna, därför att kudos XD
lol, now we are translating stuff in other languages nice, i will add my own dutch here so you can laugh:

here it comes:

dutch / belgian language

Zoals de poolse user al zei: binnenkort hebben we hier alle talen behalve de poolse versie....
Komt er nu ook een nederlandse vertaling voor de nederlanders en de belgen
Misschien wat nederlands/belgisch talige software:

Putt Putt Red De Zoo
freddi fish en de verdwenen zeewierzaadjes
Freddi Fish 3 De Zaak Van De Gestolen Trompetschelp (Pc)

RedCat (dos/windows spelen)

Rekenen: De Razende Rekenrace
Topografie (Nederland): De Spannende Stedentocht
RedCat Taal (spelling): De Woeste Woordenbrij
Het Levende Kleurboek (Een digitaal Kleurboek)
Vaderlandse geschiedenis: De Toffe Tijdreis

--> lol, i stick to english anytime
WHAT!!! Still no German version for Satinavs Ketten (Chains of Satinav)???
MAN THE TANKS! TONIGHT WE WILL DINE IN WARSAW!

(Seit 13:12 Uhr wird zurückgetrolled!)
XD
WildHobgoblin: As for the lineup - does anyone know Omerta fares these days? Still not completable without the DLC, or has that been fixed by now?
It has been fixed by GOG support (Kalypso apparently has better things to do than support a game they're still selling) and should be completable without any DLC. There are reports of 2 DLC missions being bugged, but they are optional and not an essential part of the main campaign.
lukaszthegreat: Can we still mention the War?
ignisferroque: War? There was no war. :D
really....

viperfdl: WHAT!!! Still no German version for Satinavs Ketten (Chains of Satinav)???
MAN THE TANKS! TONIGHT WE WILL DINE IN WARSAW!

(Seit 13:12 Uhr wird zurückgetrolled!)
XD
RetroRaven: As long as you don't force us via GeoLocation to buy german cut versions like Steam, much appreciated ;)
I hope so too. But normally it shouldn't be a problem for GOG as they are not located in Germany. German law doesn't forbid to buy and possess censored or banned media. It's just forbidden to promote them or to sell them in stores within Germany (or to resell or distribute them when you possess them).

We already got several games here that are censored in Germany and I've never heard that it caused GOG any problems.
moonshineshadow: I am curious how the gog website decides what language to appear in. Because mine changed to German (already changed it back to English). So it appears everyone in Switzerland gets it set to German to begin with or how does it work? Because I am living in the French part of Switzerland, so I could have understood a switch to French but German does not make much sense :D
.... i made a reply containg some dutch/belgium text
no one will understand what it is probably, without using google

nah, i thing its best to use english, and maybe some adaptions can be made for more exotic languages
english in general is the easiest to learn language in my humble opinion.

This doesn't exclude typoos, cause these can be made in any native language aswell, typo has nothing to do with not understanding a language.
moonshineshadow:
What's the language of your browser?
Schöne Sache.
GhettoLevis: While absolutely true, pretty much no one uses the english equivalent for "du" anymore (which in english would be "thou"). So, I'd say the informal use of "du" in the german text is acceptable, staying in tone with the general feel of the site, and the simplification of modern english.
WildHobgoblin: Sure, and "Wie geht's dir?" translates to "How art thou?"
Since when does "you" not translate to du, Sie, ihr, euch, man etc depending on context?
"Since when does it" would be the better question. Like i said, it's not used anymore.

Here, some info:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/thou
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou

I've had this discussion so many times... first time was with my english teacher. We went to the teachers lounge where she pulled out a big tome 'o english (that was way before schools in austria had internet access), opened up the page that had the translation for the word "thou", silently said "oh..." and never doubted me again.
WildHobgoblin: As for the lineup - does anyone know Omerta fares these days? Still not completable without the DLC, or has that been fixed by now?
DoctorGOGgles: It has been fixed by GOG support (Kalypso apparently has better things to do than support a game they're still selling) and should be completable without any DLC. There are reports of 2 DLC missions being bugged, but they are optional and not an essential part of the main campaign.
Ah, that's great. I was hoping so but wasn't quite sure, and a quick glance at the game forum wasn't all that informative.
Thanks for the info!
nice promo ....

items you own

DEPONIA
2012Adventure

DEPONIA 2: CHAOS ON DEPONIA
2012Adventure

DEPONIA 3: GOODBYE DEPONIA
2013Adventure

BLACKGUARDS SPECIAL EDITION
2014Role-playing

BLACKGUARDS: UNTOLD LEGENDS
2014Role-playing

MEMORIA
2013Adventure

NIGHT OF THE RABBIT, THE
2013Adventure

DARK EYE: CHAINS OF SATINAV, THE
2012Adventure

JOURNEY OF A ROACH
2013Adventure

A NEW BEGINNING: FINAL CUT
2010Adventure

so i will check the rest but it think thats 3d or so....

edit:

EDNA & HARVEY: THE BREAKOUT € 13.39 € 3.99

EDNA & HARVEY: HARVEY'S NEW EYES € 17.79 € 5.39

DISCOUNT – WEEKEND PROMO: HERZLICH WILLKOMMEN 26/02/15 € 21.80

Order total: € 9.38

i had it a long while ago on GG (also drm free) at cheap sale (also 5 bucks ) so i checked it out and the game is quite funny
the second one with that nun complaing is also funny...

and i decided to buy it here on sale aswell

i also added patricain 1 and 2, i had 2 on cd, i still have the manual so thats a plus :D that makes it easier i can read it while i play withouth alttabbing , i dont have readers or tablets on which i can consult pdf's
Post edited February 26, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Never mind.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by pizzahut
moonshineshadow:
The-Business: What's the language of your browser?
English since I am work and everything here is installed in English :D

[edit] At least it should. I think you are right it might be because of my browser. It seems to be a mess, some of the options are in German and some even in French... I think I need to call our admin to let me install a clean browser... I hate how this works in the office... you are not allowed to do anything -.-
Post edited February 26, 2015 by moonshineshadow
Nice work gog, and congrats to our fellow german users!!!

Maybe spanish next? :P
Glad to see more languages added. English shouldn't be so hegemonic anyway. :)

Also, does it mean that it'll be easier to get one of those adventure game's voice over in german WHILE having the subs in our own language?

Can't remember if I've asked that when French was introduced...