It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
mkess: Wie ich schon mal in Englisch erwähnte, die deutsche "Jugendzensur", die auch Erwachsene beeinträchtigt, weil die Shops nicht in der Lage/Willens sind eine Altersverifikation durchzuführen, ist Schlimmer als DRM! Wesentlich Schlimmer.

Um es mit Angry Joes Worten zu sagen: "You really fucked it up!"

Ich kaufe eher DRM verseuchte Scheiße bei Steam, als kastrierte deutsche Versionen von Spielen. Sollten hier in Zukunft auch nur noch deutsche Versionen von Spielen auftauchen, und nicht die unzensierte englische Version zu haben sein, werde ich eher die "geborgte" Originalversion spielen, als auch nur noch einen Cent in GOG auszugeben. Steam erlaubt zumindest in einigen Fällen, das man einen ausländischen Key aktivieren kann.
Dude, ich stimme dir absolut und vollstens zu.

Ich hab von kastrierten deutschen Versionen nichts, selbst wenn sie "DRM-frei" sind. Denn dann sind sie in meinen Augen nicht vollständig.

Dass die deutschen Versionen häufiger zu Problemen im Online-Multiplayer führen, dürfte kein Geheimnis sein (siehe Left4Dead2 beispielsweise). Auch das von dir angesprochene Beispiel Sleeping Dogs zeigt sehr gut, was die kastrierten Versionen Wert sind: gar nichts. Fallout 2 ist ebenfalls ein gutes Beispiel. In der deutschen Version fehlen Quests, die Kinder und Todesanimationen.

Ich möchte die Möglichkeit haben, Spiele zu kaufen, unabhängig von Sprache und Land. Ohne Geo-/Regionlocks. Denn von letzterem hab ich schon genug auf Steam.
goglin: Is there a possibility to open GOG.com with english language preselected?
In my opinion, GoG should preselect your language based on your browser settings similarly to how it is handeled on youtube.
high rated
Wurzelkraft: I've read most of this topic and I still don't understand why GOG was fine selling these games before and pulls the plug just because they support German language on the website.
Because, apparently, they were fine with breaking the (german) law until now, and from now on they opened their eyes and decided to (partially) obey the (german) law.
Something along the lines. Yeah, no logic whatsover.
Switchblade: Fallout 2 ist ebenfalls ein gutes Beispiel. In der deutschen Version fehlen Quests, die Kinder und Todesanimationen.
Plot twist: Die Kinder fehlen selbst in der UK-Version, die hier bis vor einer Weile verkauft wurde (und auch eine deswegen kaputte Quest gab's da). :P
mobutu: Because, apparently, they were fine with breaking the (german) law until now, and from now on they opened their eyes and decided to (partially) obey the (german) law. Something along the lines. Yeah, no logic whatsover.
I believe they just never did their research until now. It's unlikely that GOG knowingly broke the law.
Post edited March 01, 2015 by F4LL0UT
Switchblade: Fallout 2 ist ebenfalls ein gutes Beispiel. In der deutschen Version fehlen Quests, die Kinder und Todesanimationen.
F4LL0UT: Plot twist: Die Kinder fehlen selbst in der UK-Version, die hier bis vor einer Weile verkauft wurde (und auch eine deswegen kaputte Quest gab's da). :P
Danke, das wusste ich nicht.
RetroRaven: As long as you don't force us via GeoLocation to buy german cut versions like Steam, much appreciated ;)
Yeah, if you'll ever do this...I'm fucked. And I'll hate you. For real.

...dunno what's worse though, cut games or no games at all... =/
F4LL0UT: Plot twist: Die Kinder fehlen selbst in der UK-Version, die hier bis vor einer Weile verkauft wurde (und auch eine deswegen kaputte Quest gab's da). :P
What? The GOG version was censored too?

And why are you guys all speaking German. This isn't the German forum :D
Post edited March 01, 2015 by Reever
get the german localisations of thief 1 and 2! NOW
goglin: Is there a possibility to open GOG.com with english language preselected?
0Grapher: In my opinion, GoG should preselect your language based on your browser settings similarly to how it is handeled on youtube.
... only it's not handled that way by YouTube in other ways either. May be that it does for language, but for location (Worldwide instead of Romania) and for HTML5 (instead of Flash) I have to select again about twice per day, without clearing cookies. Gah!

It should likely be saved to account, a profile setting, both here and there and pretty much on any site that has accounts and different settings like these, so you'll always have yours when you're signed on.
Reever: And why are you guys all speaking German. This isn't the German forum :D
God knows why those guys post in German, but apparently they have their reasons so I reply in German.
mobutu: Because, apparently, they were fine with breaking the (german) law until now
99% of the internet "breaks" the german law. Or do you see an Impressum on every site? German law is german law because it's a law in Germany. You're not from Germany and you do business with people not from Germany? Why should you care for their laws? It's Germany's problem when Germans buy games from that English speaking site of those Polish guys. Germany can't force the whole world to spend time and money to lock out Germans. But as soon as you decide that you want to do business with people from Germany (advertizing in German magazines and starting a German support are strong indicators for that), you have to abide by the law in Germany.
0Grapher: In my opinion, GoG should preselect your language based on your browser settings similarly to how it is handeled on youtube.
Cavalary: ... only it's not handled that way by YouTube in other ways either. May be that it does for language
For language it does and that's what I was referring to
mkess: [...] Um es mit Angry Joes Worten zu sagen: "You really fucked it up!"

Ich kaufe eher DRM verseuchte Scheiße bei Steam, als kastrierte deutsche Versionen von Spielen. Sollten hier in [...]
0Grapher: Hallo mkess, :)

ich finde die ganze Sache ja auch nicht toll, aber ich finde, man sollte nicht vergessen, dass man es hier mit Menschen zu tun hat. Mir scheint es, dass man auch Geschäftspartnern gegenüber nicht so ausfallend werden sollte.
Haben sie dich denn um bisher Erworbenes gebracht?
Wir wissen nicht, ob sie die Entscheidung treffen mussten und können die Beweggründe nur erahnen.
Was ich aber weiß, ist dass GoG bisher sehr entgegenkommend war (das gesamte Geschäftsmodell, letztens die Installationsdateien, usw.), das kenne ich von Steam nicht.
Ich meine, wenn wir etwas verständnisvoller und konstruktiv äußern würden, unter welchen Bedingungen wir bereit sind, GoG zu nutzen und weiterzuempfehlen, würden wir mehr erreichen.

Hier noch ein etwas längerer Beitrag meinerseits:
[url=]http://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/manche_spiele_nicht_mehr_in_de_verfgbar/post77[/url]

Viele Grüße
Ich bin nicht ausfallend gegenüber Geschäftspartnern geworden, ich habe nur genau das geschrieben, was ich von den DIngen und Spielen halte, habe dabei aber niemanden persönlich angegriffen. Die Kraftworte sind vielleicht nichts für empfindsame Gemüter, drücken aber genau das aus, was ich zu dem Thema empfinde.

Zensur ist in meinen Augen Schlimmer als DRM. Deshalb verstehe ich nicht, warum Andere das nicht ebenfalls so empfinden, und sich dagegen wehren.
mobutu: Because, apparently, they were fine with breaking the (german) law until now
real.geizterfahr: 99% of the internet "breaks" the german law. Or do you see an Impressum on every site? German law is german law because it's a law in Germany. You're not from Germany and you do business with people not from Germany? Why should you care for their laws? It's Germany's problem when Germans buy games from that English speaking site of those Polish guys. Germany can't force the whole world to spend time and money to lock out Germans. But as soon as you decide that you want to do business with people from Germany (advertizing in German magazines and starting a German support are strong indicators for that), you have to abide by the law in Germany.
Well said.
mkess: Ich bin nicht ausfallend gegenüber Geschäftspartnern geworden,
Ob man so von Angesicht zu Angesicht miteinander sprechen würde, wage ich zu bezweifeln und ob es nun nicht ausfallend gegen jemanden war, hat es auf mich dieselbe Wirkung.
Ich sehe es ja sehr ähnlich mit der Zensur, nur habe ich das Gefühl, dass unsere Unüberlegtheit hier kontraproduktiv ist.
mkess: Zensur ist in meinen Augen Schlimmer als DRM. Deshalb verstehe ich nicht, warum Andere das nicht ebenfalls so empfinden, und sich dagegen wehren.
Gegen Zensur möchte ich mich auch wehren. Nur verstehe ich nicht, warum jetzt viele lieber auf Steam umsteigen, wo (zumindest bis jetzt) die Zensur viel schlimmer ist. Was zum Teufel???
Mit Steam kann man auch nicht verhandeln- hier schon.
hypahypahanswurs: get the german localisations of thief 1 and 2! NOW
What do you mean by that? How do you get the localisations? Are you implying that the games will be unavailable soon?
Post edited March 01, 2015 by 0Grapher
What I am waiting for is a official statememt of GOG as too why they did implement this DRM (region lock is DRM for me) and what they plan to do next. Completly comply to the german laws or stop this stupid bullshit. I will give them some time, but if they stay silent I'll be gone and won't promote this Steam 0.5 copycat shop (same shit, but less games available).

And as it goes with censorship, as mentioned before. For me there is only no censorship or censorship and not like said before "it is less than Steam".