It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
Redfoxe: Ah sehr gut mein herren und damen
Mein Igel habe meine Kartoffeln gegessen
Oh you svenskar och er rolig tyska ^^
Men ni gör det ofta bättre än amerikanerna, därför att kudos XD
JudasIscariot: Go to the main page :) The language drop down menu is there. It's not present in General Discussion :)
Vainamoinen: That's better, thank you. Will my account remember it?
It should AFAIK :)
RetroRaven: As long as you don't force us via GeoLocation to buy german cut versions like Steam, much appreciated ;)
This, so much.

One of the major advantages to buy here is that i don't have to worry about getting those damn censored versions. I don't mind if the gore is cut (yet i don't approve that either) but on Steam we can only get the german language versions of many censored games, like Bioshock for example (yet the gorier pt.2 and 3 are completely uncut, not everything has to make sense here) and i really don't like playing bad language ports...

On topic: Nice addition GOG, i think many potential customers here would probably prefer a page they could use in german/other languages. Personally i don't need it, but more options are always great. Off to play Deponia now i guess ;)
RadonGOG: Anyways, the translation is doomed!
"You" doesn´t translate to "du" in general, it translates to "Sie", a common translation error!
born3088: I disagree. As a German native speaker I would say that it depends on the context. Given that GOG has a very colloquial way of communicating (for example when they say that it "sucks" that they can not sell Hotline Miami 2 to Australians) I'd say that it fits. This is also something that you see in IKEA in Germany where they often write "Du" instead of "Sie" in their catalogues or on their website. It depends on the image of your business that you want to convey.

But of course "Sie" would also be perfectly fine.
That´s why I were so clever to write "doesn´t translate to "du" in general", as you do need a special reason to translate "you" to "du" :D :D :D

jadeite: Games that need a german version:
Alien Nations/The Nations
Desperados
Satinavs Ketten/Memoria
Sacred Gold
Spellforce series

I don't care for german localizations, I just want to play austrian or german games in german.
In most cases I do agree, there are many games that simply don´t need a translation, but games originally developed in german have to be availible in german on here!
Post edited February 26, 2015 by RadonGOG
Just another huge + for gog.com. Thanks!
Thanks, GOG.

*changes the language back to English*
"You" doesn´t translate to "du" in general, it translates to "Sie", a common translation error!
While absolutely true, pretty much no one uses the english equivalent for "du" anymore (which in english would be "thou"). So, I'd say the informal use of "du" in the german text is acceptable, staying in tone with the general feel of the site, and the simplification of modern english.
So, weekend starting early this week...
Well, I'm probably going to keep the English settings, since that works fine for me, but I'm sure many people will be appreciative of the German support etc., so thanks for that :)

My vote goes to "Du", btw, "Sie" seems a little too much on the stiff side for my taste.

As for the lineup - does anyone know Omerta fares these days? Still not completable without the DLC, or has that been fixed by now?
Barefoot_Monkey: Mein Leben!
Oh no, you didn't!

And thank you GOG for the localizations.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by The-Business
Russian language next please (Россия вперед!)
Can we still mention the War?
I am curious how the gog website decides what language to appear in. Because mine changed to German (already changed it back to English). So it appears everyone in Switzerland gets it set to German to begin with or how does it work? Because I am living in the French part of Switzerland, so I could have understood a switch to French but German does not make much sense :D
GhettoLevis: While absolutely true, pretty much no one uses the english equivalent for "du" anymore (which in english would be "thou"). So, I'd say the informal use of "du" in the german text is acceptable, staying in tone with the general feel of the site, and the simplification of modern english.
Sure, and "Wie geht's dir?" translates to "How art thou?"
Since when does "you" not translate to du, Sie, ihr, euch, man etc depending on context?
moonshineshadow: I am curious how the gog website decides what language to appear in. Because mine changed to German (already changed it back to English). So it appears everyone in Switzerland gets it set to German to begin with or how does it work? Because I am living in the French part of Switzerland, so I could have understood a switch to French but German does not make much sense :D
I live in Germany and the site stayed set to English for me.
Hmmm...
lukaszthegreat: Can we still mention the War?
War? There was no war. :D