It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
JudasIscariot: Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
Ishbane: Yet no 10th anniversary? Bummer.
Well, the wonderful thing is that the languages we have on offer are not set in stone so if we ever get the German language version of the game and we have the right to distribute the German version of the game, we'll add it :)
Actually,

having a region lock would allow gog.com to add the german versions of the Commandos games only in the german store.
Also a german edition for the Mortal Kombat games, that excludes MK2.
Both of them should get a different app-id, if someone wants to also "import" the uncut versions, while on holyday.

That is, if gog.com has access to the propper licences and it would take some time.

It would be at least a concession for the disadvantages of a regional gog.com store.
DukeNukemForever: Indeed the gamepages Mortal Kombat and Commandos are not available here in germany.
Wow what. ...what?
What.

Up until now I was just worried GOG would pull a Google on me and be German every time I come here.
Shouldn't Deponia be marked as '98% off' on the banner? Rounded 97,55% is 98%, so does the 'On sale' tab says and game's card.
JudasIscariot: Well, the wonderful thing is that the languages we have on offer are not set in stone so if we ever get the German language version of the game and we have the right to distribute the German version of the game, we'll add it :)
I wonder where Oedi got the language packs from, they are with VO and everything...
http://www.gog.com/forum/the_settlers_series/german_language_patches_for_all_settlers_games
JudasIscariot: Well, the wonderful thing is that the languages we have on offer are not set in stone so if we ever get the German language version of the game and we have the right to distribute the German version of the game, we'll add it :)
Then just ask us for our disks or files, as I suggested above. We just need a list, because we can not guess, which rightful language packs you lack.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Rhyney
disi: I wonder where Oedi got the language packs from, they are with VO and everything...
http://www.gog.com/forum/the_settlers_series/german_language_patches_for_all_settlers_games
He probably got them from his own retail versions?
RadonGOG: "More games in German. We're rolling out 30 German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+."
Wait a second---does this mean, as Memoria and Satinavs Ketten are part of the discount, that they´ll finally get their german language packs they are actually missing right now?!
No, what are you thinking of Daedalic? They are sooooooooooooooooooo poor and are FORCED to exclude due their publisher. Oh wait, the more recent games from them are self-published, a new excuse has to be issued why no German version of their games which are developed in Germany: uhm, budget stuff.

Still, the GOG version of their more recent games are the only ones which are crippled in such a fashion.

Don't forget that there is a German version of the Runaway games too, but not on GOG.

The icing of the cake should be that Mortal Kombat and Commandos is no available from Germany anymore (I don't live in Germany, so I cannot verify this).
What about Deponia Complete Journey?
Yay. Tag! Willkommen!
high rated
Well, we finally got to the point everyone dreaded. Regional censorship on GOG. You guys just went full decline.
high rated
fronzelneekburm: Well, we finally got to the point everyone dreaded. Regional censorship on GOG. You guys just went full decline.
But wait, there's still DRM to come! Maybe that can get rolled into the Galaxy premier, since they like to pair the bad with the good here.
Vielen dank! I'm trying to improve my Deutsch by playing German versions of games, and especially HOMM is good news.
I find it a bit odd that some of the most German-identifiable games in this sale are still English only: Patrician 1+2.

On another note, I actually may end up picking up Omerta, seeing how it finally got fixed. I've always checked its subforum during sales, and it's surprising for how long that game was broken.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by mistermumbles
Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber ist es genug.

I certainly hope that this is a good sign of things to come!!