It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
GOG.com goes German.. jetzt with regionlock!!!
vicklemos: Yeah!
I remember with all my heart playing some Gaelco games at the local arcade and oh boy, those days were unreal.
Too bad they didn't add "El Torito Guapo" or something more spanish to their in-game soundtracks :P
j0ekerr: I resemble that remark.

Incidentally, the thunder hoop arcade was locally known as "the Goku game"
Jajaja :D
Gaelco is great. Too bad it faded into oblivion (at least outside Spain)
vicklemos: Jajaja :D
Gaelco is great. Too bad it faded into oblivion (at least outside Spain)
They make dartboards now.

So oblivion is rather accurate.
moonshineshadow: So which games are getting the German language pack added? That is the thing that interests me the most :D
JudasIscariot: Driver Parallel Lines
Earth 2150
Enclave
Far Cry 1 and 2
Ghost Recon
HoMM 1
HoMM 4
Imperialism 1
Jack Orlando
Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire
Knights and Merchants
Might and Magic 7
Normality
Darkstone
POD Gold
Price of Persia Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones
Realms of the Haunting
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Splinter Cell
Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon
Feeble Files
UFO series
Waxworks
Cultures 1 + 2
Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
This is actually good news and should be included in the opening post, although the ones I waited the most for are still not included, which is the Legacy of Cain series, Chains of Satinav and Memoria.

In all my frustration because I have seen the locks coming years ago, I thank you for the additional German versions.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Indeed the gamepages Mortal Kombat and Commandos are not available here in germany. Not cool gog, absolutely not cool.

If you're really want or need to go that way, please be "creative" and create another regional domain page (gog.co.uk or gog.pl) with just the english page or add at least an option to add money to the store credit.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by DukeNukemForever
Any recommendations for the promo?
DukeNukemForever: Indeed the gamepages Mortal Kombat and Commandos are not available here in germany. Not cool gog, absolutely not cool.

If you're really want or need to go that way, please be "creative" and create another regional domain page (gog.co.uk or gog.pl) with just the english page or add at least an option to add money to the store credit.
Why exactly Commandos? There is a German version available, is the English version banned?

BTW: Mortat Kombat doesn't seem to be banned in Germany anymore since 2005, so please re-add it.

Edit @Commandos: Oh, swastikaphobia again, got it.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Mortal Kombat 2 is still on the Index it seems.

Anyway: Nice promo (Even though its lacking the first Gothic) and more german language editions are always welcome but i dislike the regionlock out of nowhere as well.
Regionlock on gog -.-
Well I´m disappointed.
For Example... Commandos 1-3 is not on the index (well the german version). You can buy it legally on Amazon.de or elsewehere.
Such a disappointment.
Klumpen0815: @Commandos: Oh, swastikaphobia again, got it.
Still, the German version was sold here in Germany without problems, so at least the German version should be available to us.
JudasIscariot: Driver Parallel Lines
Earth 2150
Enclave
Far Cry 1 and 2
Ghost Recon
HoMM 1
HoMM 4
Imperialism 1
Jack Orlando
Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire
Knights and Merchants
Might and Magic 7
Normality
Darkstone
POD Gold
Price of Persia Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones
Realms of the Haunting
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Splinter Cell
Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon
Feeble Files
UFO series
Waxworks
Cultures 1 + 2
Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
Klumpen0815: This is actually good news and should be included in the opening post, although the ones I waited the most for are still not included, which is the Legacy of Cain series, Chains of Satinav and Memoria.

In all my frustration because I have seen the locks coming years ago, I thank you for the additional German versions.
I'll just say: you're welcome and I hope you enjoy them :)
high rated
Why not add in the description: The new GOG - now with less games for Germans. Because fuck you. Hooray for censorship.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Melc0r
DukeNukemForever: Indeed the gamepages Mortal Kombat and Commandos are not available here in germany. Not cool gog, absolutely not cool.

Klumpen0815: Why exactly Commandos? There is a German version available, is the English version banned?

BTW: Mortat Kombat doesn't seem to be banned in Germany anymore since 2005, so please re-add it.

As far as I can see on http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4652 for example, Commandos is region-locked for german (and austrian?) customers because of the symbols.
JudasIscariot: Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
Yet no 10th anniversary? Bummer.

Klumpen0815: Why exactly Commandos? There is a German version available, is the English version banned?

GOGs older french little sister still has the german and the english version. I'm not sure who is wrong here or playing with the fire, gog or dotemu, but if gog really believes to be legally safe I expect that they find another creative solutions for this problem. At least I expect that they don't try again to hide really bad news behind good news.