It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
high rated
There's not a word about this in the announcement, but there are some indications on the regionally locked games thread that suggest this change is not a blessing but a curse for the german audience.
xxxIndyxxx: a german subforum: Just like the French one, it's a waste of space and work. Now I demand a dutch subforum!
im still awaiting the swahili one.
tburger: Please don't use this phrase... It's reserved for games you do not (YET) have :-D

BTW - Excellent job with adding more German versions of games.
JudasIscariot: So the three UFO games we have here are not a series, then? Referring to, for example, http://www.gog.com/game/ufo_aftershock
they are, but i think they refer to the ufo before all went 3d... as far as i remember from old pc gamplays and otehr magazines i been reading since 1991 i think it was, were 2d, flat graphics

i doint have the games, but to be frankly , usually the 3d version took and take away all the old school magic that games used to have, like monkey island, like commandos , like jagged alliance, all went 3d and most of them failed bigtime.

Another example : Flashback (follow up on Another World) was great, i had the amiga version , cd32
better graphics cause pc had real bad graphics in the past (talking about win 3.11/dos time and the win95 period when pc were not that fast and cheap)

Flashback got a remake in motion style , the team was the original they say... i saw lots of reviews that were not very favorable for that remake, i also like the cartoon version better.

In the pc gameplay i buy every month since 1991 (i do had to dump oldest magazines every year (lack of space)
In one of the latest editions (2014 somewhere) i read that they did not like a newer version of jagged alliance, it was 3d.... they said in dutch that it should be forbidden for the new licence owner to ever make jagged alliance games again, so the game was bad compared to the originals.

In the past i also read lots of amiga magazines (before i had a pc)
amiga magazine, amiga CU and some more even some german magazines (they had a cover game disk full version in english and german)
So i been around in the games long time sinds atari2600 up to my pc i have now.
99% off all times remakes (3d) are not up to the old standard.
Best use of 3d is in my humble opinion the FPP
adventure games are better of in 2d with nice art instead of 3d renderd lifeless graphcis with no personality.
Thats why i buy sometimes game i cant finished but they have beautiful graphics instead of rotating zooming in out graphics that always make me feel seasick.
gamesfreak64: they are, but i think they refer to the ufo before all went 3d... as far as i remember from old pc gamplays and otehr magazines i been reading since 1991 i think it was, were 2d, flat graphics
I think he was talking about the X-COM series which is the original series after which the 3D UFO series was made unfortunately the license to those games is owned by Take-Two.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Matruchus
JudasIscariot: So the three UFO games we have here are not a series, then? Referring to, for example, http://www.gog.com/game/ufo_aftershock
gamesfreak64: they are, but i think they refer to the ufo before all went 3d... as far as i remember from old pc gamplays and otehr magazines i been reading since 1991 i think it was, were 2d, flat graphics

i doint have the games, but to be frankly , usually the 3d version took and take away all the old school magic that games used to have, like monkey island, like commandos , like jagged alliance, all went 3d and most of them failed bigtime.
Enemy Unknown, Terror from the Deep and Apocalypse, also known as X-Com? They got a remake a while ago which is far better than the JI or Syndicate one. They would make a nice addition to GOG, although I already own them on a certain other store.
I'd just like to say that despite being a Kickstarter backer of Wings Remastered (one of the first backers actually) I never received a code for this game on GOG, despite promises by the devs that we would. You can accuse me of being bitter, and that would be true.
high rated
InfraSuperman: Shit. That means region locking games for Germany is next, doesn't it?
Already underway.

Welcome, Deutschlanders! Please enjoy our new pre-filtered game selection. It's here to protect you from yourself.

jadeite: Enemy Unknown, Terror from the Deep and Apocalypse, also known as X-Com? They got a remake a while ago which is far better than the JI or Syndicate one. They would make a nice addition to GOG, although I already own them on a certain other store.
3d also?

i googled an found:

X-COM: UFO Defense

http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/sshots.htm

some shots look like FPP some look like old jagged alliance isometrisch
that kind of viewpoint i can play without getting seasick

start trek away team: i have this on cd

most people dislike it but its not that bad
There are many bad review, but then again they like 3d.... if i would review 3d i gave bad revie aswell, so it all depends on what user like which kind of games.
Servus,

Why are games like Earth 2150 and Settlers 3 only with german text?

Will these games be updated to spoken german in the near future or are you missing the german soundfiles?

Some of us still own the original game disks. If you would have the propper licence, but not the required files, you just need to ask us for it. We would just need a list of games and the different versions you are missing (language, os, re-releases, ...).

Pfüads'eich!
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Rhyney
Rolodzeo: Nice work gog, and congrats to our fellow german users!!!

Maybe spanish next? :P
vicklemos: Would be lovely, but then GOG would be automatically forced to add some Gaelco games :P
Oh boy, that'd be awesome. Perhaps even some MercurySteam and Over the Top Games titles... it's free to dream :)
high rated
With the new addition of german region locking, this anouncement lacks a 'Good News!'.
high rated
IAmSinistar: Already underway.

Welcome, Deutschlanders! Please enjoy our new pre-filtered game selection. It's here to protect you from yourself.
This really sucks big time. I was afraid this day would come from the day I created my account here.
jadeite: With the new addition of german region locking, this anouncement lacks a 'Good News!'.
+1
Post edited February 26, 2015 by toxicTom
vicklemos: Would be lovely, but then GOG would be automatically forced to add some Gaelco games :P
Rolodzeo: Oh boy, that'd be awesome. Perhaps even some MercurySteam and Over the Top Games titles... it's free to dream :)
Yeah!
I remember with all my heart playing some Gaelco games at the local arcade and oh boy, those days were unreal.
Too bad they didn't add "El Torito Guapo" or something more spanish to their in-game soundtracks :P
GOG welcomes germans?

This requires proper musical accompaniment my friends, I beleive this should be appropriate. I think it's called, music to invade Pol*** to.

But if they don't seem in any hurry to leave... well let's not jump to conclusions.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by j0ekerr
high rated
I am from Germany. To make it short:

You are not a German company. You are not obliged to censor anything based on German law.
I like DRM-Free games and I like censorship-free shops.

If you support censorship, I will stop giving you money.

PS: 309 games in my library so far.