It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Elder Scrolls. Quake & Doom. Fallout. Alright.

Welcome, Bethesda, to our pantheon of all-time classics!
Today, we're happy to start a blooming new partnership with Bethesda Softworks, one that brings an impressive lineup of their unforgettable games to our DRM-free platform, and plenty of guts and nuclear smiles to our faces.

We're teaming up to release some of the greatest hits from the Bethesda vault, some DRM-free for the first time ever. Eleven new arrivals include The Elder Scrolls and two digital-distribution premieres, totally retro id Software shooters, plus the long-awaited return of the Fallout franchise! To make the day even sweeter, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your game shelf entirely for free when you buy any Bethesda game.

<span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span>, perched high up among the most famous video-game worlds ever created, are now DRM-free and updated for your modern computer - you can purchase all three to receive a 33% discount.:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - FREE with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - FREE with any Bethesda purchase, too.

Megahit <span class="bold">id Software</span> first-person shooters join the fray - also 33% off if you grab all three:
--Quake including Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
--The Ultimate DOOM
--DOOM II + Master Levels for Doom II + Final DOOM

And last we find that goodbyes are not forever (and that war never changes). <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise is finally back on GOG.com! Save 66% if you complete your collection in one purchase.
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
We'll be showing off many of these fresh and returning releases on our Twitch channel! Follow us (or track our dedicated streaming Twitter) to not miss 'em!
I remember being in the store and almost buying a package game of the first 5 elder scroll games for around 30 dollars on sale, and I was just about to do it till I saw it required steam. I am now glad to part with my money and finally get to play these games or replay in some cases. Thanks everyone for bringing great games here!
rkct555: FALLOUT 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOODNIGHT!
Wut?
Wow. Thanks GOG!
As so many have said, fantastic news.

I used to be (pre-GOG days) a collector of rare/hard to findgames, going through Ebay listings and small used pc shops to find games that were no longer published or freely available that had at one point or another impressed me.

Having joined the GOG revolution years ago, this hobby of mine of collecting rare physical media games
took the wayside a bit. Never the less, I maintained a small list of games I was still "hunting" for, having
pretty much accepted at this point that they would never be re-released as digital downloads.

Redguard is one of those games, as well as Battlespire to a lesser extent; tremendous releases GOG,
congratulations!

VERY impressed with GOG's releases recently; among the other rare games that I was still hunting for they have released -

- Final Liberation + Chaos Gate
- LucasArts space sims
- Star Wars Rebellion/Supremacy
- Archimedean Dynasty
- Revenant
- Gold Box games

GOG are making my hunting days over, and I'm just happy I don't have to deal with heft shipping fees and comptability issues!

Having said that, just a few of the other titles I was still looking for... I''m putting my search on hold for now, with GOG releasing so many fantastic titles recently: hoping these are released soon:

- Dark Sun: Shattered Lands: gold box game, hope it's released soon, simply FANTASTIC!
me and my friend would play for hours simply trying to live as gladiators as long as possible
in the opening chapter.
- Terminator Future Shock + Skynet: not the best of FPS, former aged rather badly, but good Terminator games are so rare, you shouldn't mind
- SW Force Commander: don't believe it will be released at this point, flawed game but left an impression with it strange soundtrack among other things; I'll buy it simply to re-experience the track remixes while battling
the game interface.

Congrats to GOG and have fun everyone with these great releases.
What?

HOW?

So I kept hearing & ALL evidence pointed to, that Bethesda was sort of a Steam exclusive.

I crack & buy a few of their games there. A week later, it comes to GOG.

The same thing happened with Saints Row. "Hell", I thought "No way that'll be on GOG."

But then it was. And again with Warner Brothers.

So I guess I'll do all of yous a favour. Despite having GTAs in boxes, I'll head over to Steam & buy them there. Then next week, we can all buy them HERE.

But I don't like spending my money THERE when I could be spending it HERE.

What I'm saying, GOG, if I haven't lost you by now, is that surprises are nice & all, but you COULD, theoretically, get in the habit of announcing these things IN ADVANCE.

Thank you.
Wow. Very nice. Have all the these Bethesda games already but.. Goggified versions would be nice of course :)
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Daliz
Some great news, looking forward to everything they release!
GOG really wants to give me a heart-attack. What's next?! Microsoft?! Take2?! More EA?! More Ubi?! Activision?! More oldies but goldies?!
Well I'll be damned... er, doomed. Never thought I'd see the day.
WELL! Once my console can't be made to run anymore and I can't keep playing my copies, several years from now, I think I know how I'm going to eventually acquire my new copies of Dishonored, Fallout 3, et cetera. This is great news, partially for the games already in there, and partially for the precedent it sets for the future.
Wow, what an exciting addition! :D It sucks there's no initial Linux support for Quake and Doom but I suspect it will come this year. I will watch for them and get excited again when Quake II will arrive as well. But I prefer waiting until there's Linux support.

If I can hail to the king in Linux, I should be able to run through a slipgate without a bottle of wine in my backpack. ;)
HOLY FSCK!!

I don't know how you convinced Bethesda but that's incredible, GOG!
One word. Just one word on this.

WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

I'm curious though why the Fallout titles i bought before they were dropped now show as different titles from the re release.
Probably the biggest surprise so far. If this doesn't domino everyone else to coming to gog, I don't know what will.
first of all, let me chime in and say that i was one of the people that wasn't especially optimistic about bethesda ever showing up here. it just didn't seem like they were interested in the free money, given that they now have the fallout ip. so, colour me surprised. good work gog and welcome aboard, bethesda.

but the rest of my post is going to be nitpicky and shruggy. sorry in advance:

morrowind is from 2002. $20?! are you kidding?!

the shooter prices are also pretty crazy. and they're older.

the fallout games? i own these here already. i have no problem with them being here again [that's a good thing, in fact] - but the fact that they're not technically "the same versions" is silly. so you're selling them again and stripping out some of the extras? that's not fair to the people who didn't already own them here. if you're going to sell them, sell them properly.

as a bonus: you're regionally pricing some of these games? good lord. go ahead and pull the other one, it has bells on it. you can't be serious. [except, sadly, it's bethesda, so you totally are.]

lastly: while it's good that bethesda are here, i'll believe that they're interested in the service when they decide to put up something modern, ie: fallout 4. otherwise, it's just bethesda finally realising that they were passing up free money for classic games.

tl;dr: colour me only slightly impressed. [i've never /really/ been a huge fan of bethesda anyway. they release buggy games that they don't fix. the community basically have to do all their qa and their bug fixing, too.]

ps: i'm aware i'm probably going to get downvoted to oblivion. i'm ok with that. i'm not totally displeased with this release, i just think that it's bethesda being bethesda and being generally lackluster as they usually are.

as for gog. this is an /amazing/ win for them.