It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now you can experience an epic supernatural horror adventure first-hand. A free demo of ASYLUM featuring 2 hours of gameplay is now up for grabs on GOG.COM until 26th June, 1 PM UTC. Take part in a chilling journey into the darkest depths of your mind as you visit Hanwell Mental Institute, a silent witness to unimaginable atrocities that transpired between its endless corridors.
Very Grindhousey (as far as the aesthetics are concerned) trailer, nice.
Definitely will give the demo a shot.
Post edited June 19, 2020 by Swedrami
The trailer reminded me of those made years ago to promote horror films (for example: The Exorcist, The Omen, The Evil Dead, etc). Very well done. And very well accomplished the ambientation of the game. Its aesthetic is chilling at first sight. It definitely invites you to take a look at this demo. Thanks a lot GOG!
¡Vaya! ¡Ya era hora!

------------------------------

About time!
So I've been playing the demo and it's pretty good. I was surprised that the gameplay is more similar to Myst than to Amnesia. Will the full version have the ability to write notes in the notebook?
Played the demo already and it's really well done! Looking forward to play the full game after all the improvements made over the time it's been in development =D
high rated
IronArcturus: So I've been playing the demo and it's pretty good. I was surprised that the gameplay is more similar to Myst than to Amnesia. Will the full version have the ability to write notes in the notebook?
You know, this would be a neat feature. How would you expect it to work? You turn to a page, then use the keyboard to write down notes?

If so, I love it. Our programmer won't, but what the heck, let's do it!
Agustin: You know, this would be a neat feature. How would you expect it to work? You turn to a page, then use the keyboard to write down notes?

Yeah, a note taking feature would be cool!

I would make it so when the player right-clicks, the game still shows the notepad on the left, but it would have an additional tab to type Personal Notes. Maybe have a feature where you could write notes on a map: "I have to find a code for this room."

Also, will the full game have more Video options like a windowed mode or texture options?
Horror isn't usually my thing, but this actually looks interesting. Will check out the demo to see if it is my cup of tea or not.
high rated
Agustin: You know, this would be a neat feature. How would you expect it to work? You turn to a page, then use the keyboard to write down notes?

IronArcturus: Yeah, a note taking feature would be cool!

I would make it so when the player right-clicks, the game still shows the notepad on the left, but it would have an additional tab to type Personal Notes. Maybe have a feature where you could write notes on a map: "I have to find a code for this room."

Also, will the full game have more Video options like a windowed mode or texture options?
We just discussed this, and yes, the most likely incarnation is an extra tab in your journal, which is easily accessible with the right mouse button. Whenever you click that tab, the keyboard would be activated and you can take notes as you wish. We even thought about having the pencil move as you write. But it's on our wishlist of features now, there are other priorities. Really good idea, though!

As for more video options, yes, that's in our plans. Texture options, we don't much more room for customizations.
Great to see you on these forums, Agustin. Can't wait to play this.

They really need to get Scratches—Director's Cut on GOG, too. I have it on Windows, but I buy games here to back up old ones I only have on disc.
Agustin: (...) "ping"
Hello Agustin,

It is nice to see some progress on your current game project!

I am waiting to see the results since I have heard of its initial announcement.
And I am a huge fan of your former game, Scratches!

Speaking of which,...
=> Is there any chance that you could bring "Scratches" (either the original or the director's cut version) back to GOG.com?

I joined GOG.com after it had been removed from the catalogue, already.
Although, having a retail copy of the director's cut version, I would be really glad to get a digital (DRM-free) copy of "Scratches" here on GOG.com!

Until today, "Scratches" is my favourite horror game and among my favourite point & click adventure games. Its eerie, unsettling atmosphere and true (almost completely jumpscare-free) horror is unique, still today.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
foxgog
Post edited June 19, 2020 by foxgog
Agustin: ...
How long have you guys been working on this game? I recall seeing a trailer several years back (circa 2017?) that may have been for this, but then not hearing anything about it for a while.
Asylum looks interesting. And thanks for adding Linux support. But I do not like these time-limited demos getting the new standard.
Agustin: We just discussed this, and yes, the most likely incarnation is an extra tab in your journal, which is easily accessible with the right mouse button. Whenever you click that tab, the keyboard would be activated and you can take notes as you wish. We even thought about having the pencil move as you write. But it's on our wishlist of features now, there are other priorities. Really good idea, though!

As for more video options, yes, that's in our plans.
Sounds good! :)