It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
adaliabooks: [...] I don't get how it's gone so badly wrong... :/
I don't either, and I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but...

I imported my current manual sort order, and set my library to 100 games per page.
Opened my library.
Page 1 loaded fine.
Page 2 took a while but loaded fine too.
Page 3 doesn't load, even though I waited more than a few minutes before going from 2 to 3, just to be sure.

Attached are the errors, and the results of running this command.

I'm thinking of completely uninstalling the script, clearing any leftovers in my Firefox profile, then install it fresh.
Attachments:
page3.jpg (23 Kb)
lib.jpg (130 Kb)
Post edited January 07, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I importing my current manual sort order, and set my library to 100 games per page.
Opened my library.
Page 1 loaded fine.
Page 2 took a while but loaded fine too.
Page 3 doesn't load, even though I waited more than a few minutes before going from 2 to 3, just to be sure.
That's the same behaviour moon and I have been seeing. It usually triggers 2-4 pages before the end of the library (for me pages 9-11, for moon page 2, for you page 3). I bet that if you open your console (shift-ctrl-J), you'll find the famous "duplicate" error on page 3.

Edit: I see you already posted the "duplicate" error as a pseudo-jpg.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: That's the same behaviour moon and I have been seeing. It usually triggers 2-4 pages before the end of the library (for me pages 9-11, for moon page 2, for you page 3). I bet that if you open your console (shift-ctrl-J), you'll find the famous "duplicate" error on page 3.

Edit: I see you already posted the "duplicate" error as a pseudo-jpg.
Bet won!

The problem now is that I can't tell if that has always been the case, or if using "reset manual sort order" had something to do with it. That's why I'm thinking of doing a fresh install.

You said that the issues started with v1.3.6. Have you tried rolling back to an older version to see if the behaviour persists?
high rated
Ok I have an idea what it may be. Away from the computer now so I can't test but I'm posting just in case I forget in the morning.

The functions that do most of the work are asynchronous, so everything is waiting for something to finish or something to be called before the next step happens.
But what if the original function is being called twice a few seconds apart?
The array is cleared and the loading calls are made, but then the second function is fired, the arrays are cleared again (hence why the first few page or pages are always alright) but the games from the first call are still coming in from the last few pages so you end up with two lots of some games.

There are flaws to this theory, the full library results from foxworks and mrkgnao earlier showed no signs of duplicates and commenting out the manual sort function seeming to fix the problems somewhat discredit it, but it would make sense and it's really the only thing I can think of that would be causing this..
So I'm curious...would it be possible to fix the number of pages bug in favorited threads? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, currently it shows total number of posts instead of number of pages in the parenthesis next to the thread name in the favorites list.)

Also, speaking of favorites, could you change the text from "This is my favorite topic" to "Add this topic to my favorites list" or some such?

And one last request: Any way to include in-line editing (so instead of a pop-out box when editing a post, you can edit like you add a quick post).

Anyway, thank you SO much for creating this. It really is very very awesome!
Post edited January 07, 2016 by A_Future_Pilot
high rated
HypersomniacLive: You said that the issues started with v1.3.6. Have you tried rolling back to an older version to see if the behaviour persists?
I'm no longer sure that it all started with 1.3.6.

I am sure the W-Z issue started with 1.3.6 because that was unmissable, but the empty pages towards the end of the library may have been there earlier, as I'm not sure I got all the way to the last pages that often. And if these are separate issues, as adalia seems to imply, then that one may have have been there earlier.

How does one roll back to an older version?
high rated
A_Future_Pilot: So I'm curious...would it be possible to fix the number of pages bug in favorited threads? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, currently it shows total number of posts instead of number of pages in the parenthesis next to the thread name in the favorites list.)

Also, speaking of favorites, could you change the text from "This is my favorite topic" to "Add this topic to my favorites list" or some such?

And one last request: Any way to include in-line editing (so instead of a pop-out box when editing a post, you can edit like you add a quick post).

Anyway, thank you SO much for creating this. It really is very very awesome!
Funny you say that, but it is on my list of things to do already so once I get manual sorting working I'll probably slip it in.

Text change is relatively easy, if it bothers you that much I'm sure I could add it as an option (I have to say it has annoyed me on occasion so I can see why you ask)

You may be better putting that one to Barefoot and Barefoot Essentials as he's already done the quick post / quick reply. I don't want to overlap too much with BE as it would make debugging even more difficult than it is now...
mrkgnao: I'm no longer sure that it all started with 1.3.6.

I am sure the W-Z issue started with 1.3.6 because that was unmissable, but the empty pages towards the end of the library may have been there earlier, as I'm not sure I got all the way to the last pages that often. And if these are separate issues, as adalia seems to imply, then that one may have have been there earlier.

If you go to the script page on Gist / Github and click the Revisions tab you can scroll back down through all the old versions and there should be an option at the start of each one to open the full text of that version. There may be a Raw button to install it or you might need to copy and paste it.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by adaliabooks
nvm
Ah, I just installed both Barefoot Essentials and your Fundamentals at the same time, so I forgot which features were whose :) Thanks!
high rated
mrkgnao: I'm no longer sure that it all started with 1.3.6.

Need to ask? Through Galaxy, of course!

Go to this page, scroll down till you find the version you want (they're not titled, so you have to use the dates in the changelog to find the one you want), and click on "View". This will open the usual page, click on "Raw" to install it.

mrkgnao: Already exists in Barefoot Essentials.
Are your sure that It does? He's referring to edit, not post or reply.
high rated
adaliabooks: If you go to the script page on Gist / Github and click the Revisions tab you can scroll back down through all the old versions and there should be an option at the start of each one to open the full text of that version. There may be a Raw button to install it or you might need to copy and paste it.
Reverted to version 1.3.0 (first manual sort version) and I still see all the issues (including W-Z)!

So it's either an old issue that was missed by everyone or it's a corruption that began at some point and persists regardless of version (e.g. a corrupt database).

Adalia, is there a safe way to delete all of AF's databases (except the menu configurations, if possible)?

mrkgnao: Already exists in Barefoot Essentials.
HypersomniacLive: Are your sure that It does? He's referring to edit, not post or reply.
I have no idea why you're still reading my posts. They're simply full of rubbish.
high rated
Gydion: TIE Fighter Despecialized Edition cover.

Updated.
Looks really good! Will you do the STAR WARS: X-Wing Collector's CD (1994) one too?

mrkgnao: [...]

I have no idea why you're still reading my posts. They're simply full or rubbish.
Don't be so hard on yourself, you have your moments.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Looks really good! Will you do the STAR WARS: X-Wing Collector's CD (1994) one too?
Thanks. Yeah, but probably not until near the end of next week. The imagery of the GOG version is rather poor compared to the actual box art. I found a cleaner TIE Fighter cover to work with so I did that one first. Haven't come across anything much better than mobygames.com for X-Wing.
high rated
mrkgnao: Reverted to version 1.3.0 (first manual sort version) and I still see all the issues (including W-Z)!

So it's either an old issue that was missed by everyone or it's a corruption that began at some point and persists regardless of version (e.g. a corrupt database).

Adalia, is there a safe way to delete all of AF's databases (except the menu configurations, if possible)?
Ok, so at least we know it's been here all along and it's nothing to do with more recent changes. That actually makes more sense.

I don't think it's anything to do with corrupt data, resetting the sort order should clear any data (corrupt or otherwise) as it literally just drops that row from the table (as I understand it anyway)

You might be able to edit the SQL database manually with a program... but otherwise I think it's all or nothing. If you delete it and reinstall it should clear everything (or just delete the settings file if you're on GreaseMonkey) but I don't think you can pick and choose..

I really doubt it's a corruption issue. It'll be my bad code somewhere, I just need to find where.

So, two questions.

1) Can you scroll to a page that's not showing and then upload the output of the afExportLog() function (I want to check whether the functions are being called more than they should, I can't see any sign of that from my end, but it may not be happening for me for whatever reason)

2) Can you check the extra AJAX calls on the later pages and tell me if they are all the same?
I'm wondering whether they're accidentally (somehow) calling a different sort order or filtering setting and we're getting duplicates that way.

Another question occurs to me..

Have any of you tried this / had these problems in Chrome (or a Chrome based browser) or is this a Firefox issue?
If it is purely in Firefox that gives me an idea of what to look for (as Firefox has problems with certain things).