It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: They're more or less identical for displaying and non-displaying pages (except the (line?) number after account).
Here is the one for the first non-displaying page (this time, page #9).
moonshineshadow: So on the first page, they are identical, the first five games of that page... on the second page they are also identical, but there are duplicates.
Thanks guys.
So... it's not fool proof as the time passed between first and second call may not be enough to finish what ever's going on...
But that's saying the sorted main list contains duplicates, which is contrary to the earlier results received... so either the list is still being sorted (though I can't see how that would result in multiple duplicates in the main list...) or something else is going on, which I have no idea at this point what it is...
high rated
mrkgnao: They're more or less identical for displaying and non-displaying pages (except the (line?) number after account).
Here is the one for the first non-displaying page (this time, page #9).
adaliabooks:
moonshineshadow: So on the first page, they are identical, the first five games of that page... on the second page they are also identical, but there are duplicates.
adaliabooks: Thanks guys.
So... it's not fool proof as the time passed between first and second call may not be enough to finish what ever's going on...
But that's saying the sorted main list contains duplicates, which is contrary to the earlier results received... so either the list is still being sorted (though I can't see how that would result in multiple duplicates in the main list...) or something else is going on, which I have no idea at this point what it is...
I don't know whether it's relevant, but you do remember that I've mentioned a while back that every time one moves to the next page in the library, part of the library is reloaded, right? Perhaps that unplanned reload corrupts something.
Post edited January 06, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: I don't know whether it's relevant, but you do remember that I've mentioned a while back that every time one moves to the next page in the library, part of the library is reloaded, right? Perhaps that unplanned reload corrupts something.
Yes I also have that. Except for the last page, which could probably explain why that is behaving extra odd in comparison to the previous pages.
high rated
mrkgnao: I don't know whether it's relevant but you do remember that I've mentioned a while back that every time one moves to the next page in the library, part of the library is reloaded, right? Perhaps that unplanned reload corrupts something.
It could be.
Basically (although it's not necessary, it was the easiest way) the whole list is reloaded and sorted every time something is changed (I left it that way rather than loading it and saving it so you could filter your manually sorted library).
But that loading (the AJAX calls to gog's server) should only happen once because I do it through GoG's methods which caches the results and checks for a cached result before making a new AJAX request.. hence my confusion why it was happening on later pages.
While it's possible that the newly loaded games are being mixed with the current list (instead of replacing it) I can't see how that's likely to happen either (and doesn't particularly explain why removing the sorting part makes the missing pages reappear).
high rated
Right... here's an important question.

Did anyone have any of these problems before I implemented the reset button and the pop up move dialog?

I can't see any mention before mrkgnao first bringing it up in post 751, but it's possible no one who was using manual sort was doing it on anything other than 'All' and we just never saw it..

As I understand, the issues we've got are:
1) Duplicates appearing and stopping whole pages from showing
2) Some kind of problem with the last page being loaded from GoG
3) Problems only occur with manual sort on
4) Problems only occur if games per page is anything other than 'All'

Am I missing anything else? mrkgnao's sorting problem seems to be fixed now, but I'm not sure if I'm missing any other pieces of this...
high rated
adaliabooks: Right... here's an important question.

Did anyone have any of these problems before I implemented the reset button and the pop up move dialog?

I can't see any mention before mrkgnao first bringing it up in post 751, but it's possible no one who was using manual sort was doing it on anything other than 'All' and we just never saw it..

As I understand, the issues we've got are:
1) Duplicates appearing and stopping whole pages from showing
2) Some kind of problem with the last page being loaded from GoG
3) Problems only occur with manual sort on
4) Problems only occur if games per page is anything other than 'All'

Am I missing anything else? mrkgnao's sorting problem seems to be fixed now, but I'm not sure if I'm missing any other pieces of this...
Except when specifically asked by you to test "All", I have always used only the 100 setting. And I reported the bug as soon as I saw it (which was before the Move popup was added). So I believe it is fair to assume that all of these are a result of version 1.3.6.
high rated
mrkgnao: Except when specifically asked by you to test "All", I have always used only the 100 setting. And I reported the bug as soon as I saw it (which was before the Move popup was added). So I believe it is fair to assume that all of these are a result of version 1.3.6.
That's what I thought.

Except the only bit that changed that is in anyway relevant to any of this I've changed back multiple times and it's had no effect.

Unless the resetting is doing irreparable damage to the sort order (which I really can't see being the case) and the rest is just a knock on effect...

What if instead of using the reset button you reset your sort order by clicking import and just typing "{}" in the box (minus the quotes) as that clears the sort order in a different way...
Do all the issues still occur?
high rated
mrkgnao: Except when specifically asked by you to test "All", I have always used only the 100 setting. And I reported the bug as soon as I saw it (which was before the Move popup was added). So I believe it is fair to assume that all of these are a result of version 1.3.6.
adaliabooks: That's what I thought.

Except the only bit that changed that is in anyway relevant to any of this I've changed back multiple times and it's had no effect.

Unless the resetting is doing irreparable damage to the sort order (which I really can't see being the case) and the rest is just a knock on effect...

What if instead of using the reset button you reset your sort order by clicking import and just typing "{}" in the box (minus the quotes) as that clears the sort order in a different way...
OK. That's interesting.

I tried importing {} and the issues are still there.

BUT...

Using reset and importing {} do not do the same thing.
1) Using reset: resets the library to be sorted by title.
2) Importing {}: resets the library to the sort order I had before I pushed reset for the very first time a couple of days ago. That order is still remembered somewhere despite your warning that the reset is irreversible.
high rated
adaliabooks: Right... here's an important question.

[...]
I don't think I can help you here, I'm on "All" and only test other settings when asked to.

adaliabooks: [...]

Saving my manual sort and trying this out now.
high rated
One more thing, after I imported {}, all the games in my library have a position of -1.
high rated
I forgot to change to 100 games per page before importing {}, so on "All""

- The result was as expected (sorted by "Title").
- But I get the same as mrkgnao regarding position - no matter which game I pick, they all show as being at -1, but in list below, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse shows as being at that position, while the other two lines display nth.

I tried to move a game using this function:
- Entering a new position and hitting the Enter key results to all lines being blank after the "-" symbol.
- Clicking on "OK" doesn't do anything, the window just hangs. The "Cancel" button works.

Do you want me to try with more pages?
high rated
mrkgnao: OK. That's interesting.

I tried importing {} and the issues are still there.

BUT...

Using reset and importing {} do not do the same thing.
1) Using reset: resets the library to be sorted by title.
2) Importing {}: resets the library to the sort order I had before I pushed reset for the very first time a couple of days ago. That order is still remembered somewhere despite your warning that the reset is irreversible.
Hmmm..

They don't do the same thing, one deletes the value in the stored variable the other replaces it with an empty sort order (which gets populated with all your games at an index of -1 when it reloads your library) they are sorted by title. It's odd that it's remembered your old sort order though.. had you actually made changes to it or was it just the defaulted order?

HypersomniacLive: I don't think I can help you here, I'm on "All" and only test other settings when asked to.

Saving my manual sort and trying this out now.
That's what I thought.

HypersomniacLive: I forgot to change to 100 games per page before importing {}, so on "All""

- The result was as expected (sorted by "Title").
- But I get the same as mrkgnao regarding position - no matter which game I pick, they all show as being at -1, but in list below, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse shows as being at that position, while the other two lines display nth.

I tried to move a game using this function:
- Entering a new position and hitting the Enter key results to all lines being blank after the "-" symbol.
- Clicking on "OK" doesn't do anything, the window just hangs. The "Cancel" button works.

Do you want me to try with more pages?
I would have expected the moves to still work... actually, the drag and drop should work, but move may not. I can fix that issue (though it's not a major one)

So the reset doesn't seem to be anything to do with it, which makes sense.

Thanks for your patience with all this guys :)
high rated
adaliabooks: It's odd that it's remembered your old sort order though.. had you actually made changes to it or was it just the defaulted order?
It differs from the default order in that it begins:
- 1nsane
- 7th guest
- 7th legion
- 11th hour
- 99 levels
The rest is sorted by title. I seem to remember making these changes.

I dragged a few games around just now and it worked, then I redid import {} and it returned to the weird order described above.

adaliabooks: So the reset doesn't seem to be anything to do with it, which makes sense.
Unless the reset corrupted something and that corrupted thing is still remembered.
Post edited January 06, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: It differs from the default order in that it begins:
- 1nsane
- 7th guest
- 7th legion
- 11th hour
- 99 levels

I dragged a few games around just now and it worked, then I redid import {} and it returned to the weird order described above.

Unless the reset corrupted something and that corrupted thing is still remembered.
That could just be the way the sort works (when the manual sort order is the same it sorts by title using my sort, so it may not be identical to GoGs Title sort), but I'm not sure...

It's possible.. but I think Hyper (and possibly moon?) were having issues before resetting at all, and I really can't see what the reset would have done (as it's very simple) and why it wouldn't have effected me..

I've looked at the revision logs and this (lines 2749 / 2750 in the current version):

//libraryScope.afManualSortProducts.push.apply(libraryScope.afManualSortProducts, a.products);
libraryScope.afManualSortProducts.splice.apply(libraryScope.afManualSortProducts, [(i-1)*100, 0].concat(a.products));

Is the only change made between the old versions before errors were reported and the new version (I've made other changes since then to try and fix it, but that was the original change). The first line is the old way (commented out) and the second is the new way.
But even that is just the way the old games per page settings worked before I redid them and optimised it... so there's no reason it shouldn't work.
I don't get how it's gone so badly wrong... :/
high rated
mrkgnao: It differs from the default order in that it begins:
- 1nsane
- 7th guest
- 7th legion
- 11th hour
- 99 levels

adaliabooks: That could just be the way the sort works (when the manual sort order is the same it sorts by title using my sort, so it may not be identical to GoGs Title sort), but I'm not sure...
You're right. My bad.
It is sorted using your numeric sort (1, 7, 7, 11, 99, 1849, 1954) rather than GOG's textual sort (1, 11, 1849, 1954, 7, 7, 99).
Forget it. Silly me.