It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: I don't speak German. I can just manage well enough to make a two-word pun or read very simple texts.

I speak Yiddish (not very well), which is a historical Jewish dialect that originated from Mittelhochdeutsch, mixed with Hebrew, Aramaic, and Slavic elements, so I find German recognisable. "Ein bisschen" in Yiddish is "A bissl" (or more correctly "א ביסל", for Yiddish uses the Hebrew alphabet, not the Roman one), so the pun came very naturally to me.
MarkoH01: Yiddish I only know a bit from games like Shivah and movies like Anatevka (Fiddler on the roof). But I noticed that there are several words and expressions which do sound quite German. Before you told me I never knew why :)
But I will stop here to derail adaliabooks thread. Thank you for the language lesson though.
Fair enough.
Next week on Adalia Linguistics: What's the difference between Gaeilge, Gàidhlig and Gaelg?
high rated
mrkgnao: Fair enough.
Next week on Adalia Linguistics: What's the difference between Gaeilge, Gàidhlig and Gaelg?
Irish, Scottish and apparently Manx (I would have expected Welsh or Cornish possibly..)
As for the differences in the actual languages.. I'm not sure, I struggled enough with Irish at school (and hate it with a passion now) and despite living here know nothing about the actual Scottish language (but that's not really surprising as it's not actually spoken)
I'd imagine they are all broadly similar though.
high rated
mrkgnao: Fair enough.
adaliabooks: Irish, Scottish and apparently Manx (I would have expected Welsh or Cornish possibly..)
Celtic languages form two distinct groups:
- Goidelic (a.k.a. Q-Celtic): Irish, Scottish and Manx (plus extinct languages)
- Brittonic (a.k.a. P-Celtic): Welsh, Cornish and Breton (plus extinct languages)
high rated
mrkgnao: Celtic languages form two distinct groups:
- Goidelic (a.k.a. Q-Celtic): Irish, Scottish and Manx (plus extinct languages)
- Brittonic (a.k.a. P-Celtic): Welsh, Cornish and Breton (plus extinct languages)
That makes sense I suppose, thinking about it the Welsh language is nothing like Irish (from what little I know of either)
high rated
No update quite yet, but I've fixed the issue with the downloader links (thanks to some help from Johny) and implemented a function to remove games no longer on your wishlist from the priority tags and the server.

However I'm still struggling with this:

adaliabooks:
mrkgnao: Probably another one:
1) Set a game to "High"
2) Made sure it was synced on the server
3) Changed the game to "Medium"
4) Reloaded the page (Ctrl-R)
5) The game reverted to "High" in the drop-down menu
6) Checked the server; it was correctly on "Medium"
7) Reloaded the page again; now it too was correctly on "Medium"
I haven't been able to reproduce it particularly (it has happened once or twice on Firefox, but not consistently).
I'm about 99% certain the issue is the request to the server being sent before the sync and data is (or at least before it is handled and saved properly), but I'm not sure how to get around that.
I've tried syncing when you close the page instead of when you open it (but that doesn't really work as AJAX calls don't work reliably on page close events), and the other option is to set some kind of variable and a loop to check if the sync has been performed before sending the request...
I'll have a think about what is best and easiest.
(Also the fact you've reported it occasionally takes three reloads for data to show correctly throws me slightly because the crossed AJAX calls issue should only ever mean you need to refresh twice, unless you made more changes)
adaliabooks: No update quite yet, but I've fixed the issue with the downloader links (thanks to some help from Johny) and implemented a function to remove games no longer on your wishlist from the priority tags and the server.

However I'm still struggling with this:

mrkgnao: Probably another one:
1) Set a game to "High"
2) Made sure it was synced on the server
3) Changed the game to "Medium"
4) Reloaded the page (Ctrl-R)
5) The game reverted to "High" in the drop-down menu
6) Checked the server; it was correctly on "Medium"
7) Reloaded the page again; now it too was correctly on "Medium"
adaliabooks: I haven't been able to reproduce it particularly (it has happened once or twice on Firefox, but not consistently).
I'm about 99% certain the issue is the request to the server being sent before the sync and data is (or at least before it is handled and saved properly), but I'm not sure how to get around that.
I've tried syncing when you close the page instead of when you open it (but that doesn't really work as AJAX calls don't work reliably on page close events), and the other option is to set some kind of variable and a loop to check if the sync has been performed before sending the request...
I'll have a think about what is best and easiest.
(Also the fact you've reported it occasionally takes three reloads for data to show correctly throws me slightly because the crossed AJAX calls issue should only ever mean you need to refresh twice, unless you made more changes)
Tell you the truth, it doesn't bother me that much. If I reload and it shows the old value, I simply ignore it under the assumption it's ok on the server, which is what matters really. Still, might confuse others.
high rated
mrkgnao: Tell you the truth, it doesn't bother me that much. If I reload and it shows the old value, I simply ignore it under the assumption it's ok on the server, which is what matters really. Still, might confuse others.
My main worry is that someone might tag there whole wishlist, refresh and think it hasn't worked and then do it all over again...

But then you and I may be the only people actually checking and everyone else is just tagging and going about their business (which is actually the far better way yo do it)

Still I'd like to at least minimise the chance for confusion and error so if I can do something I will.
high rated
adaliabooks: Still I'd like to at least minimise the chance for confusion and error so if I can do something I will.
Dirty flag while syncing? If dirty flag encountered while requesting, sleep 5 and try again?
high rated
adaliabooks: Still I'd like to at least minimise the chance for confusion and error so if I can do something I will.
JMich: Dirty flag while syncing? If dirty flag encountered while requesting, sleep 5 and try again?
Yeah, most likely. I just need to check the consequences of doing that (will it hold up the whole page loading, just delay the tags from showing properly, or cause an error and crash the script) and adjust for those too.
high rated
mrkgnao: [...] "Ein bisschen" in Yiddish is "A bissl" [...]
Funny, it's "a bissel" in Austrian-German, and, if I'm not terribly mistaken, in a German dialect.
high rated
mrkgnao: [...] "Ein bisschen" in Yiddish is "A bissl" [...]
HypersomniacLive: Funny, it's "a bissel" in Austrian-German, and, if I'm not terribly mistaken, in a German dialect.
Not surprising. Yiddish is basically a German dialect that has been distilled through the crucible of pre-20th-century Jewish life in Eastern Europe. It is the funniest language I know.
high rated
Found another game where this unsafe thing is happening:
King's Quest 2:
gogdownloader://kings_quest_2_romancing_the_throne/installer_win_en
high rated
moonshineshadow: Found another game where this unsafe thing is happening:
King's Quest 2:
Yeah, they'll all be doing it at the moment unfortunately.. but the fix is on it's way with the next update, just trying to sneak a few other features in as well while I'm at it ;)
moonshineshadow: Found another game where this unsafe thing is happening:
King's Quest 2:
adaliabooks: Yeah, they'll all be doing it at the moment unfortunately.. but the fix is on it's way with the next update, just trying to sneak a few other features in as well while I'm at it ;)
What do you mean with all? o.O
high rated
adaliabooks: Yeah, they'll all be doing it at the moment unfortunately.. but the fix is on it's way with the next update, just trying to sneak a few other features in as well while I'm at it ;)
moonshineshadow: What do you mean with all? o.O
Any time you change language or OS it will give an unsafe link, it's actually always been like that.. (I had thought I'd fixed it ages ago when I did the downloader links, but obviously it was on the to do list and never got done..)
But clearly no one had tried to change language or OS before now.. XD