It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When chosing "legacy mode" for the library the pictures of the new games (jotun, J.U.L.I.A, The Last Door Season 2) are not displayed. Is this normal? Will those pictures be added soon? I don't know where those pictures are stored so I don't know if those are provided by GOG or directly by adaliabooks. Maybe someone can tell me more?
high rated
MarkoH01: When chosing "legacy mode" for the library the pictures of the new games (jotun, J.U.L.I.A, The Last Door Season 2) are not displayed. Is this normal? Will those pictures be added soon? I don't know where those pictures are stored so I don't know if those are provided by GOG or directly by adaliabooks. Maybe someone can tell me more?
The answer you're looking for is in the first paragraph of this post by adaliabooks:
The covers usually take a few hours to update if they are missing.
Check again in a few hours, and if they're still missing, report back so that adaliabooks can take a look.

adaliabooks: *poke*
Another thing seems to have gone astray.

On manual sorting, with the option "add new games at the start of library", yet my new game was placed at the bottom.
I smell a conspiracy with moonshineshadow...
Post edited March 29, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
MarkoH01: When chosing "legacy mode" for the library the pictures of the new games (jotun, J.U.L.I.A, The Last Door Season 2) are not displayed. Is this normal? Will those pictures be added soon? I don't know where those pictures are stored so I don't know if those are provided by GOG or directly by adaliabooks. Maybe someone can tell me more?
HypersomniacLive: The answer you're looking for is in the first paragraph of this post by adaliabooks:

The covers usually take a few hours to update if they are missing.
HypersomniacLive: Check again in a few hours, and if they're still missing, report back so that adaliabooks can take a look.
Thank you for this. Regarding the "few hours" though I bought "Jotun" and "J.U.L.I.A" during insomnia sale and since then I never saw a legacy picture . But because those two being recent games (as well as "The Last Door Season 2") they may not have been added yet.
HypersomniacLive: On manual sorting, with the option "add new games at the start of library", yet my new game was placed at the bottom.
This I can confirm. I experienced the same but I thought I did something wrong.
Post edited March 29, 2016 by MarkoH01
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Another thing seems to have gone astray.

On manual sorting, with the option "add new games at the start of library", yet my new game was placed at the bottom.
Hmmm. Well, the only test I had for it was moon, and she tested that it added games to the end of the library...
I'll check the code, I've probably messed up a check along the line somewhere.

MarkoH01: Thank you for this. Regarding the "few hours" though I bought "Jotun" and "J.U.L.I.A" during insomnia sale and since then I never saw a legacy picture . But because those two being recent games (as well as "The Last Door Season 2") they may not have been added yet.
HypersomniacLive: On manual sorting, with the option "add new games at the start of library", yet my new game was placed at the bottom.
MarkoH01: This I can confirm. I experienced the same but I thought I did something wrong.
I might have to add those two manually, I know mrkgnao reported some issues with the IDs for the games added during Insomnia so the auto update probably won't work and I'll have to fix them manually.

Thanks for the confirmation, it was a hard one to test anyway. I'll look into it.

Still looking into the other stuff too :)
high rated
adaliabooks: I might have to add those two manually, I know mrkgnao reported some issues with the IDs for the games added during Insomnia so the auto update probably won't work and I'll have to fix them manually.

Thanks for the confirmation, it was a hard one to test anyway. I'll look into it.

The three semi-hemi-demi-unreleased games indeed have different IDs in the library and catalogue (might change upon release).

"1458127099" => [1458557721, "jotun",
"1457085654" => [1458735820, "julia among the stars",
"1458056008" => [1458642293, "subterrain",

"library" => [catalogue, "lowercase name",
Post edited March 29, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: The three semi-hemi-demi-unreleased games indeed have different IDs in the library and catalogue (might change upon release).

"1458127099" => [1458557721, "jotun",
"1457085654" => [1458735820, "julia among the stars",
"1458056008" => [1458642293, "subterrain",

"library" => [catalogue, "lowercase name",
Thanks mrkgnao :)

I've found the bug with the manual sorting code, it was a couple of simple things so once I've done making checks I'll push an update.
high rated
adaliabooks: Hmmm. Well, the only test I had for it was moon, and she tested that it added games to the end of the library...

[...]
So I was right then...

adaliabooks: [...]

Is the other stuff looking back into you too?
high rated

HypersomniacLive: Is the other stuff looking back into you too?
A bysschen.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: So I was right then...

Is the other stuff looking back into you too?
XD
Yeah, close enough I suppose :P

I hope not... hell knows what it would find...
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Is the other stuff looking back into you too?
mrkgnao: A bysschen.
Sorry, but I have to ask: Is this a pun of the German "Ein bisschen" (a little bit) and the English word "Abyss"?
high rated
mrkgnao: A bysschen.
MarkoH01: Sorry, but I have to ask: Is this a pun of the German "Ein bisschen" (a little bit) and the English word "Abyss"?
Indeed it is, with an implied reference to Nietzsche's Jenseits von Gut und Böse.
high rated

.. mrkgnao knows what it found...
FTFY
MarkoH01: Sorry, but I have to ask: Is this a pun of the German "Ein bisschen" (a little bit) and the English word "Abyss"?
mrkgnao: Indeed it is, with an implied reference to Nietzsche's Jenseits von Gut und Böse.
The fun fact is that I did not even know about Nietzsche (I klnow who he was but I have never read anything from him) and the thing he said about looking into the abyss I only read it on the title card of ... well, the movie "Abyss" :) But I also did not know that you speak German. I am wondering if there is something you cannot do?
high rated
mrkgnao: Indeed it is, with an implied reference to Nietzsche's Jenseits von Gut und Böse.
MarkoH01: The fun fact is that I did not even know about Nietzsche (I klnow who he was but I have never read anything from him) and the thing he said about looking into the abyss I only read it on the title card of ... well, the movie "Abyss" :) But I also did not know that you speak German. I am wondering if there is something you cannot do?
I don't speak German. I can just manage well enough to make a two-word pun or read very simple texts.

I speak Yiddish (not very well), which is a historical Jewish dialect that originated from Mittelhochdeutsch, mixed with Hebrew, Aramaic, and Slavic elements, so I find German recognisable. "Ein bisschen" in Yiddish is "A bissl" (or more correctly "א ביסל", for Yiddish uses the Hebrew alphabet, not the Roman one), so the pun came very naturally to me.
MarkoH01: The fun fact is that I did not even know about Nietzsche (I klnow who he was but I have never read anything from him) and the thing he said about looking into the abyss I only read it on the title card of ... well, the movie "Abyss" :) But I also did not know that you speak German. I am wondering if there is something you cannot do?
mrkgnao: I don't speak German. I can just manage well enough to make a two-word pun or read very simple texts.

I speak Yiddish (not very well), which is a historical Jewish dialect that originated from Mittelhochdeutsch, mixed with Hebrew, Aramaic, and Slavic elements, so I find German recognisable. "Ein bisschen" in Yiddish is "A bissl" (or more correctly "א ביסל", for Yiddish uses the Hebrew alphabet, not the Roman one), so the pun came very naturally to me.
Yiddish I only know a bit from games like Shivah and movies like Anatevka (Fiddler on the roof). But I noticed that there are several words and expressions which do sound quite German. Before you told me I never knew why :)
But I will stop here to derail adaliabooks thread. Thank you for the language lesson though.