It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
adaliabooks: Hmmm... that's odd. Barefoot Essentials adds hotkeys for bolding and stuff and the hotkey should be CTRL + Q for the quote tag (at least that's what my tests show). I imagine that may be a bug in BE that you could report to Barefoot to check.
That happens when you have a German keyboard. It is not a bug, it is because of the hotkeys for the quote tag that are added with BE. Quite annoying. I always delete that part of the scipt.
high rated
adaliabooks: Hmmm... that's odd. Barefoot Essentials adds hotkeys for bolding and stuff and the hotkey should be CTRL + Q for the quote tag (at least that's what my tests show). I imagine that may be a bug in BE that you could report to Barefoot to check.
moonshineshadow: That happens when you have a German keyboard. It is not a bug, it is because of the hotkeys for the quote tag that are added with BE. Quite annoying. I always delete that part of the scipt.
I just found the link in which it was explained to me
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/barefoot_essentials_2_gogcom_enhancement/post596

but it seems as if you already have a solution. How can I delete this part of the BE script without knowing much about scripts at all?
high rated
MarkoH01: How can I delete this part of the BE script without knowing much about scripts at all?
Well you can just edit the script in your browser. Look for the line saying "function post_keydown_handler(event) {" should be somewhere around line 770. Under this there are several functions listed for different tags. Just delete the line which contains the quote tag (should start with case xxx).
Post edited February 17, 2016 by moonshineshadow
high rated
MarkoH01: How can I delete this part of the BE script without knowing much about scripts at all?
moonshineshadow: Well you can just edit the script in your browser. Look for the line saying "function post_keydown_handler(event) {" should be somewhere around line 770. Under this there are several functions listed for different tags. Just delete the line which contains the quote tag (should start with case xxx).
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Works like a charm! You cannot say it often enouh - the GOG community is the best community. Thank you!
Post edited February 17, 2016 by MarkoH01
high rated
moonshineshadow: That happens when you have a German keyboard. It is not a bug, it is because of the hotkeys for the quote tag that are added with BE. Quite annoying. I always delete that part of the scipt.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Different language keyboards obviously use the same codes for different things and CTRL + Q must be the same as whatever key combo you press to get a @ is.

moonshineshadow: Well you can just edit the script in your browser. Look for the line saying "function post_keydown_handler(event) {" should be somewhere around line 770. Under this there are several functions listed for different tags. Just delete the line which contains the quote tag (should start with case xxx).
This would be the best solution.
Thanks moon :)

MarkoH01: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Works like a charm! You cannot say it often enouh - the GOG community is the best community. Thank you!
Glad you've sorted it :)
high rated
adaliabooks: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Different language keyboards obviously use the same codes for different things and CTRL + Q must be the same as whatever key combo you press to get a @ is.
Not directly, it is the right alt key and Q, but for some more or less weird and complicated computer reasons it reacted that way with the BE script :D
high rated
adaliabooks: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Different language keyboards obviously use the same codes for different things and CTRL + Q must be the same as whatever key combo you press to get a @ is.
moonshineshadow: Not directly, it is the right alt key and Q, but for some more or less weird and complicated computer reasons it reacted that way with the BE script :D
No really weird since the right ALT key (called ALTGr in German) is basically a combination of ALT and CTRL. BE obviously does not distinguish if there is another additional key pressed besides CTRL + Q (in our case CTRL + Q + ALT). This is explained in my link above. I now remembered.

Edit: On a different note. I am just in love with your manual sorting but it seems as if you have to deactivate the manual sort checkbox whenever you want to switch between manual sorting and "normal" sorting. Is this correct?
Post edited February 17, 2016 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: No really weird since the right ALT key (called ALTGr in German) is basically a combination of ALT and CTRL. BE obviously does not distinguish if there is another additional key pressed besides CTRL + Q (in our case CTRL + Q + ALT). This is explained in my link above. I now remembered.

Edit: On a different note. I am just in love with your manual sorting but it seems as if you have to deactivate the manual sort checkbox whenever you want to switch between manual sorting and "normal" sorting. Is this correct?
Ah, that makes sense. Though it should be fairly easy for Barefoot to fix too (just add a check that ALT isn't pressed alongside CTRL before calling the function), unless the method used is more complicated.

Good :)
Yes, that's right. But your sort order is saved (and you can export it and save it as .txt file to back it up too if you want) and renabled when you check the checkbox again.
high rated
adaliabooks: Yes, that's right. But your sort order is saved (and you can export it and save it as .txt file to back it up too if you want) and renabled when you check the checkbox again.
Yes, I figured this out as well. Wouldn't it be possible to automatically deactivate manual sort order whenever yoi change the general sort order? This way you'd only have to reenter the extra menu to switch back. Now you have to enter it twice (deactivate and activate)?

And - since I think you are just great and can do anything ;) - is there a way that you could add a link from the gamecard to the according forum? This way I could check the forum BEFORE I'd buy a game on GOG. I really don't understand why GOG hasn't done this themselves. The only link I now have between the game and the forum is accessing the game in my library. there is no forum link included in the gamecard itself.

But enough requests. After testing out the legacy options in library I am already so high that I fear I cannot sleep today ;) Really great work and I say this only because I absolutely admire your work. GOG library, chat and search funktion is fun again and the only reason I found out that this existed was a scammer alert.
high rated
adaliabooks:
Adalia, if you plan to implement Marko's suggestion of having a link from the game page to the game sub-forum, do note that the logic involved in finding the correct forum link for a specific game is far from trivial. You are probably best off by getting the information from MaGog, which already has that link available (relevant fields: "forum" and "forum_tbd").
high rated
MarkoH01: Yes, I figured this out as well. Wouldn't it be possible to automatically deactivate manual sort order whenever yoi change the general sort order? This way you'd only have to reenter the extra menu to switch back. Now you have to enter it twice (deactivate and activate)?

And - since I think you are just great and can do anything ;) - is there a way that you could add a link from the gamecard to the according forum? This way I could check the forum BEFORE I'd buy a game on GOG. I really don't understand why GOG hasn't done this themselves. The only link I now have between the game and the forum is accessing the game in my library. there is no forum link included in the gamecard itself.

But enough requests. After testing out the legacy options in library I am already so high that I fear I cannot sleep today ;) Really great work and I say this only because I absolutely admire your work. GOG library, chat and search funktion is fun again and the only reason I found out that this existed was a scammer alert.
Hmmm... I'll consider it, but I'm not sure it will be possible or easy to do... mainly because as I side effect it may end up deactivating the manual sort any time the products are changed (i.e. filters are selected or pages are changed) which we really don't want.
A few people have requested a more integrated system so I will see what I can do.

It should be possible, as mrkgnao has suggested the easiest solution is to pull the data from MaGoG (which is a feature already planned and on the cards to do) and show that, and as that's something already in the works it shouldn't really be a problem.

Glad your happy, positive feedback is always great :)
mrkgnao: Adalia, if you plan to implement Marko's suggestion of having a link from the game page to the game sub-forum, do note that the logic involved in finding the correct forum link for a specific game is far from trivial. You are probably best off by getting the information from MaGog, which already has that link available (relevant fields: "forum" and "forum_tbd").
Yeah, a quick look at the game pages shows the info isn't buried in the Javascript anywhere (not that I can see anyway) so pulling it from MaGog seems the best option, particularly as I've already planned to pull info from MaGog for showing other data too.
Post edited February 17, 2016 by adaliabooks
high rated
adaliabooks:
Feature request:
- Add an option to forum/thread search to search for whole word, i.e. the given string preceded and followed by non-alphanumeric characters (e.g. space, punctuation, beginning/end of line/paragraph/post).

Useful if searching for very short words (e.g. two letters).
mrkgnao: Feature request:
- Add an option to forum/thread search to search for whole word, i.e. the given string preceded and followed by non-alphanumeric characters (e.g. space, punctuation, beginning/end of line/paragraph/post).

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding you; isn't that what it does already?
high rated
mrkgnao: Feature request:

adaliabooks: I'm not quite sure I'm understanding you; isn't that what it does already?
No. That's not what it does now, as far as I can see.
If I search for "window" in this thread, it finds both "window" and "windows".
With the "whole word" option, it will find "window", but not "windows".
high rated
mrkgnao: No. That's not what it does now, as far as I can see.
If I search for "window" in this thread, it finds both "window" and "windows".
With the "whole word" option, it will find "window", but not "windows".
Ah, so only find an exact match and not contained within another word.
Got you :)

I'm sure that should be possible somehow, I'll add it to my list.