It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
adaliabooks: I have no idea what you are talking about.... ;P
There will always be an option to turn off any unwanted features, don't worry :P

[...]
I'm not worried, I'll find a way to pay you back. ;-P

adaliabooks: [...]

Some input from others would be great, [...]
From the top of my head - a direct link to each game's changelog would be very much appreciated by lots of people (and could also be an incentive for more people to install AF).
Excuse me, how to sort my library manually? I selected "sort the games by..." in library settings. Then I go to my library and I don't see any "custom/manual sort" options.
high rated
Azhdar: Excuse me, how to sort my library manually? I selected "sort the games by..." in library settings. Then I go to my library and I don't see any "custom/manual sort" options.
If you have manually sort selected in the Fundamentals menu you can drag and drop games in the library to sort them or alternatively you can click the arrow to open the menu and click move.
This opens a pop up where you can specify the end spot you want for the current game.
adaliabooks: If you have manually sort selected in the Fundamentals menu you can drag and drop games in the library to sort them or alternatively you can click the arrow to open the menu and click move.
This opens a pop up where you can specify the end spot you want for the current game.
high rated
Manual sort feature is really cool and useful. But I have a suggestion for "Move" function. In the current version, it only shows 1 above game and 1 below game. For example, If I want to move game #10, it only shows #9 and #11 in window. Please if it's possible, increase this number to 5 above games and 5 below games. So when I want to move game #10, the window would show 5,6,7,8,9 and 11,12,13,14,15 too. Don't you think this makes move function more comfortable?
high rated
Azhdar: Manual sort feature is really cool and useful. But I have a suggestion for "Move" function. In the current version, it only shows 1 above game and 1 below game. For example, If I want to move game #10, it only shows #9 and #11 in window. Please if it's possible, increase this number to 5 above games and 5 below games. So when I want to move game #10, the window would show 5,6,7,8,9 and 11,12,13,14,15 too. Don't you think this makes move function more comfortable?
That's certainly possible. I'm sure there would be space for five either way without making the pop up huge but I could certainly do three.
adaliabooks: That's certainly possible. I'm sure there would be space for five either way without making the pop up huge but I could certainly do three.
Very good. I think 5 does not cause any problem. The window have enough space. But 3-4 is good enough. Thanks again.
high rated
Azhdar: Very good. I think 5 does not cause any problem. The window have enough space. But 3-4 is good enough. Thanks again.
adaliabooks: That's certainly possible. I'm sure there would be space for five either way without making the pop up huge but I could certainly do three.
Not sure I understand the need for this. If you only want to move a game a few spots up/down, these spots are visible in your library, and you can move it without even having to use the "Move" feature (unless you're on a 7" tablet or something, but I doubt that anyone would try to manually sort their library using such a device).

I find the "Move" feature most useful when wanting to move games more than 15-20 spots up/down. What would be extremely useful in these cases is a drop-down list of all games before/after the one to be moved, so the spot could be easily chosen. But I understand that this may not be easy, or even possible, to implement, so I just check the number of the desired spot, return to the game I want to move, and then type the spot # and move the selected game to that spot.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I understand the need for this. If you only want to move a game a few spots up/down, these spots are visible in your library, and you can move it without even having to use the "Move" feature (unless you're on a 7" tablet or something, but I doubt that anyone would try to manually sort their library using such a device).

I find the "Move" feature most useful when wanting to move games more than 15-20 spots up/down. What would be extremely useful in these cases is a drop-down list of all games before/after the one to be moved, so the spot could be easily chosen. But I understand that this may not be easy, or even possible, to implement, so I just check the number of the desired spot, return to the game I want to move, and then type the spot # and move the selected game to that spot.
I can make it an option so you can choose how many to show I suppose... I think that shouldn't be too hard, but I can't quite remember how I did it so I'd have to check.

I can look into it, but I think it would be difficult to do something like that, the current implementation is about the closest I could get to that..

Sorry there hasn't been much development at the moment, RL stuff getting in the way, but I'll get back to it as soon as I can.
high rated
adaliabooks: I can make it an option so you can choose how many to show I suppose... I think that shouldn't be too hard, but I can't quite remember how I did it so I'd have to check.

I can look into it, but I think it would be difficult to do something like that, the current implementation is about the closest I could get to that..

Sorry there hasn't been much development at the moment, RL stuff getting in the way, but I'll get back to it as soon as I can.
No need to do anything further with the "Move" feature on my behalf - I'm more than happy with having the feature, and as I said, I've found a way to use it as efficiently as possible, so I'm good.

Also no need to apologise, AF is a huge undertaking and it's extremely kind of you to invest your time and effort to maintain and enrich it. I'm pretty sure I speak for others when saying we're very grateful for all you're doing, and you should never feel pressured to do more than you can or want.

Now stop fooling around the forum, and go back to working on it! ;-P
Post edited January 29, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
HypersomniacLive: No need to do anything further with the "Move" feature on my behalf - I'm more than happy with having the feature, and as I said, I've found a way to use it as efficiently as possible, so I'm good.

Also no need to apologise, AF is a huge undertaking and it's extremely kind of you to invest your time and effort to maintain and enrich it. I'm pretty sure I speak for others when saying we're very grateful for all you're doing, and you should never feel pressured to do more than you can or want.

Now stop fooling around the forum, and go back to working on it! ;-P
Thanks Hyper :)

Yes sir! Back to work immediately ;)
high rated
Could some of the library settings be implemented into the library page itself? Like putting the shelf/box styles under the "view as" menu, changing shelf color through the "style" menu when in Legacy or Legacy Remix mode, and toggling manual sort through "sort by"?

The latter two menus are currently kind of useless when using a Legacy mode with manual sort. :-p Alternatively, maybe just hide them when they don't have an immediately apparent effect?
high rated
plagren: Could some of the library settings be implemented into the library page itself? Like putting the shelf/box styles under the "view as" menu, changing shelf color through the "style" menu when in Legacy or Legacy Remix mode, and toggling manual sort through "sort by"?

The latter two menus are currently kind of useless when using a Legacy mode with manual sort. :-p Alternatively, maybe just hide them when they don't have an immediately apparent effect?
Hiding them would be easier, the menu's are all custom angular directives and I'm not sure how easy they would be to change...

As for putting the options on the page, I'll look into it but I think my previous thoughts on it were there wasn't enough space.
Question: Would it be possible to have a feature on the "view download page" that hides OS and Languages that you have no interest in? My apologies if this has been brought up before. I did a cursory look, but didn't see this specific request.

Cheers!
foxworks: Question: Would it be possible to have a feature on the "view download page" that hides OS and Languages that you have no interest in? My apologies if this has been brought up before. I did a cursory look, but didn't see this specific request.

Cheers!
I'm not sure I understand foxworks, do you just want to hide the menus or a specific set of languages and OSes?
As in do you want to be able to hide a set of languages (like show English and French but hide Spanish and Russian) or just the whole menu?