It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
adaliabooks: On that note if anyone has any feature requests they'd like to see implemented let me know and I'll see what I can do :)
trentonlf: I would like a feature that allows me to get all the games I want for free :-P
<_< >_>
Don't think I haven't tried! XD

Though only out of curiosity, if I'd managed anything I would have immediately reported the hack to GoG. Fortunately that's one area the site seems to hold up well in and be bug free.
high rated
adaliabooks: Not sure exactly, it was a while ago.. I think it needed to be added to the script to make it work...
It'll probably be after the weekend but I'll take a look at it and see what's up. As long as it doesn't break anything for other users I'll just add the fix to the script and push an update.

Or course it probably means downloading Palemoon to actually test it myself..

I just didn't add it before as I was still working on new features and stuff at the time and didn't have a chance to run tests in a different browser but as I'm at a bit of a loose end for new features at the moment I'll try sort it out.

On that note if anyone has any feature requests they'd like to see implemented let me know and I'll see what I can do :)
No problem, take all the time you need :) It's already really kind and great that you think about trying to fix this for PaleMoon users !

This script seems really useful, and I would be very happy to be able to fully use it :) When I tried it in version 1.2.0, it was very promising ! Your work is really appreciated :D

Edit : I figured out how to fix it ! (my few old lessons of programing finally were somewhat useful). But it worked only for an older version for me.
I installed Adalia Fundamentals v1.3.8.
After that, thanks to this post you indicated, I modified the script.
I "simply" had to put the new function under the others in the script, and to replace the lines indicated with the code provided.
It seems to work for now, and it will be nice have this, the time you'll be able to fix the main version :)
Post edited January 23, 2016 by Splatsch
high rated
trentonlf: I would like a feature that allows me to get all the games I want for free :-P
It's planned for v.4.2. ;-P
high rated
Splatsch: No problem, take all the time you need :) It's already really kind and great that you think about trying to fix this for PaleMoon users !

This script seems really useful, and I would be very happy to be able to fully use it :) When I tried it in version 1.2.0, it was very promising ! Your work is really appreciated :D

Edit : I figured out how to fix it ! (my few old lessons of programing finally were somewhat useful). But it worked only for an older version for me.
I installed Adalia Fundamentals v1.3.8.
After that, thanks to this post you indicated, I modified the script.
I "simply" had to put the new function under the others in the script, and to replace the lines indicated with the code provided.
It seems to work for now, and it will be nice have this, the time you'll be able to fix the main version :)
Hmm.. Not sure what might have been added or changed in the mean time to stop the latest version working if an older one does.

I'll look into it all on Tuesday if I have a chance.

Glad you got it working though, good job :)
high rated
An interesting idea from Painted_Doll: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway/post2276
Post edited January 24, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: An interesting idea from Painted_Doll: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway/post2276
It is actually something I was thinking of (though my idea was to add an advanced search to the catalogue and use it to pull data from MaGoG and combine it with GoGs data or something)

What kind of extra info could I display on the gamepages? I know I could show who has wishlisted a game but what othee info does MaGoG have that's not already there?
(I suppose previous sale prices could be shown as well..)
high rated
mrkgnao: An interesting idea from Painted_Doll: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway/post2276
adaliabooks: It is actually something I was thinking of (though my idea was to add an advanced search to the catalogue and use it to pull data from MaGoG and combine it with GoGs data or something)

What kind of extra info could I display on the gamepages? I know I could show who has wishlisted a game but what othee info does MaGoG have that's not already there?
I can see a "market" for embedding the MaGog search result for a given game (in HTML, practically as is) into the GOG game page for that game.

There's quite a bit of useful info (wishlisted, gogmixopedia, historical sale prices, regional pricing, download links, series/packs, star rating in 0.1 granularity, game length, etc.), so I would go with displaying everything for simplicity.
high rated
adaliabooks: It is actually something I was thinking of (though my idea was to add an advanced search to the catalogue and use it to pull data from MaGoG and combine it with GoGs data or something)

mrkgnao: I can see a "market" for embedding the MaGog search result for a given game (in HTML, practically as is) into the GOG game page for that game.

There's quite a bit of useful info (wishlisted, gogmixopedia, historical sale prices, regional pricing, download links, series/packs, star rating in 0.1 granularity, game length, etc.), so I would go with displaying everything for simplicity.
Hmmm, that's a good point, would be easier to do as well.
Is there a url that will return a single specific game as a result?
Like fetching directly from the database as opposed to performing an actual search?
I know I can search by ids and that should presumably only return one result, but I would need to be sure I'm only getting one result or I might end up displaying the wrong one..

And as I could customise the ouput I could just show things not already on the page..

Will look into this next week, it really shouldn't be all that difficult to implement.
high rated
mrkgnao: I can see a "market" for embedding the MaGog search result for a given game (in HTML, practically as is) into the GOG game page for that game.

adaliabooks: Hmmm, that's a good point, would be easier to do as well.
Like fetching directly from the database as opposed to performing an actual search?
I know I can search by ids and that should presumably only return one result, but I would need to be sure I'm only getting one result or I might end up displaying the wrong one..

And as I could customise the ouput I could just show things not already on the page..

Will look into this next week, it really shouldn't be all that difficult to implement.
There is the ability to search by id, which will obviously return no more than one game. It is not available from the GUI, but it exists.

Here is a link for 11th Hour:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=671&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHTP&ord=&flt=iis~1207658999~&opt=]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=671&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHTP&ord=&flt=iis~1207658999~&opt=[/url]

Replace 1207658999 with any other catalogue ID.
high rated
mrkgnao: There is the ability to search by id, which will obviously return no more than one game. It is not available from the GUI, but it exists.

Here is a link for 11th Hour:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=671&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHTP&ord=&flt=iis~1207658999~&opt=]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=671&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHTP&ord=&flt=iis~1207658999~&opt=[/url]

Replace 1207658999 with any other catalogue ID.
That should work, I was just searching for the id in the title field (which works for both bundled and unbundled ids).
If I have a look and then give you a list of what info to display can you give me the url that would retrieve that?
I'd try myself but your urls aren't very human readable and I have no idea where to start with changing things...

Do you have secure access? The game pages should usually just be http but you can access them securely too (though if you don't I can always just pop up a message saying switch to http connection to display MaGoG info or something)

Another thought occurs that I might need to fetch the JSON and format it myself as it may not like retrieving HTML cross domain...
I'll see what I can do though, it may work (or I could possibly just put it in an iframe)

I'm working all weekend though, so along with the Palemoon fixes it will have to wait till Tuesday.
high rated
adaliabooks: Hmmm, that's a good point, would be easier to do as well.

May I butt in for a moment to make a suggestion?

Have you thought of putting a link to the MaGog page instead? Right under the GOGWiki one?

The game pages are pretty busy as they are, and this would be a good compromise, imho.
high rated
adaliabooks: That should work, I was just searching for the id in the title field (which works for both bundled and unbundled ids).
If I have a look and then give you a list of what info to display can you give me the url that would retrieve that?
Yes.

adaliabooks: Do you have secure access? The game pages should usually just be http but you can access them securely too (though if you don't I can always just pop up a message saying switch to http connection to display MaGoG info or something)
No, but doesn't it simply require the user to allow an exception for MaGog's website? That's all I need to do in order to access MaGog via https.

adaliabooks: Another thought occurs that I might need to fetch the JSON and format it myself as it may not like retrieving HTML cross domain...
I'll see what I can do though, it may work (or I could possibly just put it in an iframe)
I wouldn't go there. You will be attempting to duplicate months of work that I have already put into formatting the raw data into HTML. The raw JSON and the HTML display are very different.

adaliabooks: I'm working all weekend though, so along with the Palemoon fixes it will have to wait till Tuesday.
I'm abroad until next weekend, so can post, but will not be able to make any changes to accommodate you.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: May I butt in for a moment to make a suggestion?

Have you thought of putting a link to the MaGog page instead? Right under the GOGWiki one?

The game pages are pretty busy as they are, and this would be a good compromise, imho.
That's not a bad idea either (and certainly simpler than any of the other options) but it does abstract the information a little and make people have to click through to get it rather than it being available right there...

My thought is to make it collapsible, so the information would only show when you want it to and could be hidden when you don't.

mrkgnao: No, but doesn't it simply require the user to allow an exception for MaGog's website? That's all I need to do in order to access MaGog via https.

I wouldn't go there. You will be attempting to duplicate months of work that I have already put into formatting the raw data into HTML. The raw JSON and the HTML display are very different.

I'm abroad until next weekend, so can post, but will not be able to make any changes to accommodate you.
Possibly... I always just get errors when I try anything like that.

It depends on how much info I'd actually be displaying, taking the JSON and wrapping in some html to match GoG's site shouldn't take too long.
Edit: Ok, looking at the outputs I see what you mean. Turning the JSON for some of it into anything meaningful wouldn't be a trivial task.

Don't worry, I'll certainly try to work with MaGoG's output as it is and would only ask for changes as a last resort :)

I'll just try some things when I get a chance and see how it goes.
Post edited January 24, 2016 by adaliabooks
high rated
So, I was thinking of some more anti scammer measures that I could implement and I wondered about a kind of GoG code escrow service..

Basically both participants in a trade would submit there codes to a newly built website and the website would verify them through GoG and show what games were there and who they were from (so you could see whether the user had both them or was trading giveaway prizes or something similar).

Obviously it would require a fairly high level of trust in me (and the site) as theoretically I could just steal all the codes (though it would become obvious pretty quickly if that's what I was doing, and it goes with out saying that I wouldn't) but it could reduce the problem of scammers in trades..
The only issue I could see is that a code could be used after it was verified and the other person wouldn't be able to claim it... but that would require scammers to actually have a key for the game they claim to want to trade in the first place (which as I understand is generally not the case) and then claim it quickly so it would be hard to fool.

What do you guys think? Is it worth looking into?
high rated
adaliabooks: What do you guys think? Is it worth looking into?
If you are bored perhaps? ;-)

No to be serious. I don't think it is needed. Trading is a risk, but it is not your job to take care of scammers. And people who want to trade need to rely on their judgement and not be too trusting.
And also, if you build something like this, you are kind of responsible, and if something goes wrong... not sure if you really want to do that.