It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
HypersomniacLive: Ah, so you want me to do all the work for you, eh? ;-P
Well... yeah :P

I've told you how lazy I am right? ;)
high rated
adaliabooks: Well... yeah :P

I've told you how lazy I am right? ;)
*sigh*

That you have, which makes all the time and effort you're putting into AF all the more surprising. ;-P

Regarding the King Arthur Collection - after some thought, I think it's best to keep GOG's cover for King Arthur Collection, and use the cover I've made for King Arthur: Fallen Champions, which I'm attaching here again to avoid any confusion.

So, next batch:

King Arthur Collection

King Arthur (Collection) --> 1444731636 -- GOG's cover
King Arthur: Fallen Champions --> 1444731945 -- attached

Police Quest Swat 1 --> 1207661473
Police Quest Swat 2 --> 1207661483

MegaRace 1 --> 1207661603
MegaRace 2 --> 1207661613
Attachments:
high rated
And here's the last one for tonight:

System Shock: Enhanced Edition --> 1439995156

Lords of the Realms CD Version --> 1207663233

Leisure Suit Larry 1 (VGA) - In the Land of the Lounge Lizards --> 1207662043
Leisure Suit Larry 6 (VGA) - Shape Up Or Slip Out! --> 1207662093

Tomorrow I'll post the covers for the Police Quest, Quest for Glory and Cultures series, for Incredible Machine Mega Pack, The, and the free games.

Goodnight!
Attachments:
Post edited January 15, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: And he also said he'd do the STAR WARS: X-Wing Collector's CD (1994) --> 1207667213 one.
Should even start on it in a few hours.

If it was me, I would bump the black levels a bit (or a touch more if you already did) on some of these to improve contrast.

Actually, I take that back. A few of them I might slightly bump the blacks further.
Attachments:
bn-h.png (266 Kb)
Post edited January 20, 2016 by Gydion
high rated
moonshineshadow: This makes me wonder how many people are just using part of the script. Because I also only have the script active in my library :D
adaliabooks: To be honest my preferred method would have been to make multiple separate scripts for each part of the site (forum, library, game pages etc.) and then have one script to load them all for people who wanted that, but unfortunately there was no way to combine multiple userscripts together like that (not that I could see)..
And it's easier for me to maintain one script that does everything then loads of separate ones...

But I could probably add a little guide for customising it so it only runs on certain pages or only uses certain functions if that would help..
That depends on what you mean by having one userscript load others. (Greasemonkey is already a loader, so do you mean stitching them together into a single, coherent UI?)

That aside, if I really can't suggest a solution for that once I know more, the execution of the Javascript is far and away the heaviest part (especially when it's manipulating the DOM), so why not do this to lighten the load for people who don't want everything:

1. Give each feature a checkbox to turn it on or off entirely

2. Store all of the enable/disable decisions in a single JSON blob behind a single GM_getValue() call. (Parsing JSON is much faster than multiple queries to the SQLite database backing GM_getValue)

3. Have each init call within the block at the bottom of the script be conditional on one of those values.

4. Only patch the account menu with the configuration UI on pages where a feature is enabled.

5. Add a "configure ..." entry to the Greasemonkey "User Script Commands" menu as a way to recover if you disable all features.

That way, on pages with no relevant features enabled, it's merely "load and parse script" (must be fast for things like the asm.js-compiled Unreal engine), "call JSON.parse(GM_getValue(...))", and "add a User Script Commands menu entry which will trigger the deferred loading of the config UI".
Post edited January 15, 2016 by ssokolow
high rated
ssokolow: That depends on what you mean by having one userscript load others. (Greasemonkey is already a loader, so do you mean stitching them together into a single, coherent UI?)

That aside, if I really can't suggest a solution for that once I know more, the execution of the Javascript is far and away the heaviest part (especially when it's manipulating the DOM), so why not do this to lighten the load for people who don't want everything:

1. Give each feature a checkbox to turn it on or off entirely

2. Store all of the enable/disable decisions in a single JSON blob behind a single GM_getValue() call. (Parsing JSON is much faster than multiple queries to the SQLite database backing GM_getValue)

3. Have each init call within the block at the bottom of the script be conditional on one of those values.

4. Only patch the account menu with the configuration UI on pages where a feature is enabled.

5. Add a "configure ..." entry to the Greasemonkey "User Script Commands" menu as a way to recover if you disable all features.

That way, on pages with no relevant features enabled, it's merely "load and parse script" (must be fast for things like the asm.js-compiled Unreal engine), "call JSON.parse(GM_getValue(...))", and "add a User Script Commands menu entry which will trigger the deferred loading of the config UI".
Well I'd hoped that I could have different userscripts with their own metadata (so their own @includes, @grants and @requires etc.) and then just have one script that the end user would need to install (if they wanted all features) or let them pick and choose which ones they want if they didn't.

Hmm, I'll look into it at some point certainly but I think that may require quite a bit of reworking of the current system... thanks for the suggestions :)
adaliabooks: Well I'd hoped that I could have different userscripts with their own metadata (so their own @includes, @grants and @requires etc.) and then just have one script that the end user would need to install (if they wanted all features) or let them pick and choose which ones they want if they didn't.
Sounds like you want some kind of transclusion build system similar to an offline templating system for HTML, Not too difficult to hack together.

Heck, were it not for the need to handle the metadata, you could probably use one of the existing tools for concatenating and minifying JavaScript based on a dependency spec like CommonJS modules or AMD.
high rated
Gydion: Should even start on it in a few hours.

If it was me, I would bump the black levels a bit (or a touch more if you already did) on some of these to improve contrast.

Actually, I take that back. A few of them I might slightly bump the blacks further.
Looks nice, I've attached a refined version of it.

First batch of the day:

Police Quest Collection

Police Quest - In Pursuit of The Death Angel --> 1207661263
Police Quest 2 - Vengeance --> 1207661283
Police Quest 3 - The Kindred --> 1207661293
Police Quest 4 - Open Season --> 1207661303
Attachments:
policeq1.jpg (33 Kb)
policeq2.jpg (35 Kb)
policeq3.jpg (30 Kb)
policeq4.jpg (37 Kb)
high rated
Second batch of the day:

Quest for Glory 1-5

Quest for Glory 1 --> 1207661313
Quest for Glory 2 --> 1207661323
Quest for Glory 3 --> 1207661383
Quest for Glory 4 --> 1207661393
Quest for Glory 5 --> 1207661403
Attachments:
qfg1.jpg (49 Kb)
qfg2.jpg (41 Kb)
qfg3.jpg (43 Kb)
qfg4.jpg (29 Kb)
qfg5.jpg (27 Kb)
high rated
Third batch of the day:

Cultures

Cultures 1 --> 1207663793
Cultures 2 --> 1207663813
Cultures: Northland --> 1207663833
Cultures: 8th Wonder of the World --> 1207663853

I'm well aware that Cultures 1 and Cultures: 8th Wonder of the World have distinct covers, just wanted to keep things "in theme".
Attachments:
high rated
Fourth batch of the day:

Incredible Machine Mega Pack, The

Return of the Incredible Machine Contraptions --> 1207663943
The Even More Incredible Machine --> 1207664023
The Incredible Machine - Even More Contraptions --> 1207664043
The Incredible Machine 3 --> 1207664053

Note that there's an alternative cover for The Incredible Machine 3 - I read that it's basically The Incredible Machine 2 with an improved UI, so felt like making an alternative cover on the more fun side.

Since these were requested by moonshineshadow, perhaps she should decide which one to use.

And this batch concludes the paid games, next are the free games.
If anyone has/knows of games that fall into the "same cover/different title/text" category, and would like something different, please post here.
Attachments:
Post edited January 15, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: <snip>
Yeah! Thanks for making all these covers. I would give you a hug if you wanted one ;-)

In regards of the cover for Incredible Machine 3, I like the alternative cover :D
high rated
moonshineshadow: Yeah! Thanks for making all these covers. I would give you a hug if you wanted one ;-)

[...]
A hug from the moonshine shadow? Deal, but only if you come over. ;-)

moonshineshadow: [...]

In regards of the cover for Incredible Machine 3, I like the alternative cover :D
Something told me that you would!
I like it better too, makes me chuckle a bit every time I look at it.

Free games covers - part I:

Beneath a Steel Sky --> 1207658695 (GOG's cover here, or larger version attached)

Dragonsphere --> 1207658927

Lure of the Temptress --> 1207658694

Stargunner --> 1207659693

There are two covers for Dragonsphere - first is GOG's one without the "free" badge, and second is the original box cover. Take your pick!
Attachments:
high rated
Free games covers - part II:

Teenagent --> 1207658753

Treasure Adventure Game --> 1207659013

Tyrian 2000 --> 1207658901

Warsow --> 1207659121
Attachments:
high rated
Free games covers - part III (and final):

Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams --> 1207659062
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire --> 1207659061

And done!

Hope I've not screwed up any IDs, and hope you like them.
Attachments: