It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Yeah, it's a great game. Here's your gun. BTW, it breaks every FIVE SECONDS!
If I'm to believe my grandparents RE: the longevity of their appliances as compared to the junk today, then perhaps this was an intended and historically accurate extrapolation of the shelf life of our coming plastic, 3D printed future-crap. YOU BUY SLIME-PARTS! YOU BUILD IN OWN HOUSE! YOU PAY US EVERY TIME DRM BLUEPRINT USED!

Also...
tinyE: Enjoy the free game? It's System Shock 2! :P

Here you want my code for it? The game sucks.
... you are dead to me.
tinyE: Here's your gun. BTW, it breaks every FIVE SECONDS!
There should be an achievement for that accomplishment. I've been playing the game for the past week and none of my weapons have degraded that quickly (or even broken for that matter).
tinyE: Here's your gun.
What do you need a gun for?

Half the fun of the game is whaling on the maintenance bots with the wrench. *CLANG* *CLANG* *CLANG*
grimwerk: What do you need a gun for?

Half the fun of the game is whaling on the maintenance bots with the wrench. *CLANG* *CLANG* *CLANG*
I'm reminded of Spoony's review of the Stygian Abyss (Labyrinth of worlds?) for the Ultima series...
Almost there.
Just one more push.
tinyE: Yeah, it's a great game. Here's your gun. BTW, it breaks every FIVE SECONDS!

OH and I know you are on a ship with no way on or off, but that wont stop baddies from just teleporting in! :P
I agree with your assessment of SS2. I absolutely hated how infinite stream of baddies come up from nowhere. I kind of left the game as soon as you find that empty battery and alarm trips, causing an infinite hoard to start spawning.
grimwerk: What do you need a gun for?

Sounds like the Sachys way ;-)

OH and I know you are on a ship with no way on or off, but that wont stop baddies from just teleporting in! :P
Hunter65536: I agree with your assessment of SS2. I absolutely hated how infinite stream of baddies come up from nowhere. I kind of left the game as soon as you find that empty battery and alarm trips, causing an infinite hoard to start spawning.
You have Duke Nukem as your avatar and an "infinite horde" bothers you? I guess you AREN'T all out of bubble gum.
Hunter65536: I agree with your assessment of SS2. I absolutely hated how infinite stream of baddies come up from nowhere. I kind of left the game as soon as you find that empty battery and alarm trips, causing an infinite hoard to start spawning.
TARFU: You have Duke Nukem as your avatar and an "infinite horde" bothers you? I guess you AREN'T all out of bubble gum.
Hey, in DK when someone gets greased they stay greased. Whence you finish killing all of the baddies in a level you can spend all day running around and I guarantee you will not see another alien/monster.
tinyE: Hey, in DK when someone gets greased they stay greased. Whence you finish killing all of the baddies in a level you can spend all day running around and I guarantee you will not see another alien/monster.
Exactly, even if you were to put up with those weapons and kill as many as you can they still keep coming. I even tried Easy difficulty to see if it changed, but it did not.
foxworks: Sounds like the Sachys way ;-)
Dougal, Dougal, stop there. We want to keep out of the whole area of actually being in love with the horse.
Maydawn: Hello. First off I wanted to say that I don't mind not getting that reward, I had no plans of playing System Shock 2 anyhow. I made this post mostly to let GOG staff know, in case that wasn't really intended to happen.

If this was intentional, this is rather surprising and silly. I get that this is an incentive to make another purchase, but isn't that a bit too precise ? Some people would justifiably be really upset about it.
GOG has to be very precise or everyone who spends an amount between $2.50 and $5, will expect a free game. And when they don't get that game, they will start to unleash their rage on GOG and GOG doesn't want to deal with that. GOG would also lose too much money if they gave a free copy of System Shock 2 to everyone who spend an amount "close" to $5.
Post edited November 06, 2015 by monkeydelarge
tinyE: Hey, in DK when someone gets greased they stay greased. Whence you finish killing all of the baddies in a level you can spend all day running around and I guarantee you will not see another alien/monster.
Hunter65536: Exactly, even if you were to put up with those weapons and kill as many as you can they still keep coming. I even tried Easy difficulty to see if it changed, but it did not.
If you think its bad with SS2, you should try System Shock 1, especially the hopper enemies on the reactor level.

You know another game that has infinite enemies? Aliens vs Predator 2000 classic.

I kind of like the respawning enemies. Gives a game a feeling of unease and paranoia. You are always looking over your shoulder.

I guess some of us like our FPS more hardcore than others. :)
high rated
Maybe it's just me, but ...
4.99$ purchase and no 5$ reward ?
...strikes me as a question that pretty much answers itself.
Zeyes: Maybe it's just me, but ...

4.99$ purchase and no 5$ reward ?
Zeyes: ...strikes me as a question that pretty much answers itself.
In the past 3 years, I've spent over $30 on GOGs. WHY I GET NO FREE GAMES?!?!?! :P
Attachments:
y_u_no.jpg (272 Kb)
Post edited November 06, 2015 by monkeydelarge