It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey all! Please visit this thread for more up-to-date information: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/fallout_4_nextgen_update_is_coming_but_will_likely_be_slightly_delayed.

Right now, I can't unfortunately give you anything concrete.

The update proved to be more difficult than expected but we're determined to make it happen. We're actively working with Bethesda to bring it here. No ETA to give you though :/
Post edited June 11, 2024 by king_kunat
ligth99: I have to wait for those who use mods when I bought the game just to play the update and I have to wait so long?
Same here. I purchased on 8/7 thinking it would be available since there wasn't any disclaimer in the store before purchasing... I should have done my research. I think I'm simply going to request a refund while I'm in my 30 day window and purchase it via Steam.
Same. I can't play newest version of a game, because 3rd party released some mod. Should have got it on Steam.
WSH303: Same. I can't play newest version of a game, because 3rd party released some mod. Should have got it on Steam.
The update is garbage. There is nothing "Next Gen" on PC. That's only on console.

On PC there is nothing but crappy mod type content that is actually better in community mods, and of course the "update" doesn't work with Fallout London, which is actually something fantastic.
WSH303: Same. I can't play newest version of a game, because 3rd party released some mod. Should have got it on Steam.
The "newest version" just has some shoehorned Enclave content (like two power armors and a short dungeon) that you can absolutely live without

Of course GOG should have received the update by now, that's no excuse, but really you're not missing anything of value
Is sure has been 4 months since this update came to other platforms.
Even if the Next Gen update doesn't add much additional content, I'm noticing more modders are updating their mods to only support the Next Gen. While that's their prerogative, it means those that still use pre Next Gen are out of luck with getting new features and/or bug fixes to their existing mods.

Honestly, I don't see why the GOG staff wouldn't provide a free additional gameshelf entry for the Next Gen while having the pre Next Gen coexist. Why not just allow people who already purchased Fallout 4 have access to both?

There is no way that the need for pre Next Gen will go away, especially with full conversion mods like FOLON and new up and coming ones like Fallout Vault 13 that already depend on it. These full conversion mod developers had already invested a lot of their time using pre Next Gen as their base way before the Next Gen was released. This Fallout 4 version fragmentation will just continue to exist.
Of course, the next gen update will eventually become the foundation of every new mod, hell the unofficial patch has already moved on to support only the next gen version, and that's one of (if not THE) most important mods

So yeah, GOG and Bethesda need to get their shit together and bring it here already (while keeping the 1.10.163 version available)
Why's take so long to just added this update version on GOG, I really can't understanding!
I bought it with the intention of adding some mods and transferring my saved game from Xbox Game Pass,
it was supposed to be very simple... But it's taking MONTHS!
There's no reason to get the new update. Everyone is just having FOMO. I have The Storywealth Collection which needs the normal version and it's amazing. 700+ mods. You're not missing anything with the update.
I'd appreciate it if you don't strawman my argument by falsely generalizing how everyone feels and labeling it as FOMO.

I can certainly live with my modded pre Next Gen gaming, but I also want to be able to access updated mods that specifically focus on Next Gen. ErickRadiante also made their point of needing to transfer their Xbox saves. And pre Next Gen should also be available at the same time. Everyone wins this way.
Post edited August 31, 2024 by kenrap
kenrap: I'd appreciate it if you don't strawman my argument by falsely generalizing how everyone feels and labeling it as FOMO.

I can certainly live with my modded pre Next Gen gaming, but I also want to be able to access updated mods that specifically focus on Next Gen. ErickRadiante also made their point of needing to transfer their Xbox saves. And pre Next Gen should also be available at the same time. Everyone wins this way.
Yes, having both available would be the best way to go. GOG should make the update as a download, so those that don't want it won't be forced to get it if they forget or don't know to set the game to not update automatically.
You're right, I shouldn't generalize, I hate when people do that! Apologies!
kenrap: but I also want to be able to access updated mods that specifically focus on Next Gen.
Which mods are those?
Why not just provide the update and let people decide whether they want to download it or not. Instead GOG is holding everyone up for people who use mods? If the update is bad then people can roll back to the previous version, this is ridiculous and make no sense. Please give us the update already, none of this make any sense at all.
Sim403_: Instead GOG is holding everyone up for people who use mods?
Again, Which Mods?

The biggest, most important Fallout Mod in years is Fallout London. I just spent 100+ hours playing it. It's amazing. A whole new game really, and YOU must use the old version of FO4 to play.

It's such a pain to revert to the old version on Steam that some people are buying the GoG version just to play Fallout London.
Sim403_: Instead GOG is holding everyone up for people who use mods?
PeterScott: Again, Which Mods?
Most of them? while modders keep the pre-next gen build available for now, that's not getting any fixes

Also don't assume everyone is interested in Fallout London, a lot of people just want to mod the base game with the latest update, and that's perfectly valid
Post edited September 01, 2024 by Memecchi