It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey all! Please visit this thread for more up-to-date information: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/fallout_4_nextgen_update_is_coming_but_will_likely_be_slightly_delayed.

Right now, I can't unfortunately give you anything concrete.

The update proved to be more difficult than expected but we're determined to make it happen. We're actively working with Bethesda to bring it here. No ETA to give you though :/
Post edited June 11, 2024 by king_kunat
king_kunat: Hey all! Please visit this thread for more up-to-date information: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/fallout_4_nextgen_update_is_coming_but_will_likely_be_slightly_delayed.

The update proved to be more difficult than expected but we're determined to make it happen. We're actively working with Bethesda to bring it here. No ETA to give you though :/
Might be a good idea to sticky that thread instead of this one so that people see the updates.

(Tried to make a post about it the other day in this thread, but it wouldn't go through...)
Post edited June 11, 2024 by Bhraal
It's starting to get a bit ridiculous.

On the other hand, I wonder whether various bugs or “peculiarities”, the list of which seems almost endless, have finally been fixed. For example, can the game finally recognize and display the active and deactivated settlement signals correctly? ;-)
king_kunat: Hey all! Please visit this thread for more up-to-date information: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/fallout_4_nextgen_update_is_coming_but_will_likely_be_slightly_delayed.

Pagliacci!
hard to believe it's taking so long to get the update put together.

embarrassing ... and equally frustrating for the people who purchased the game here... like me... grrrr.

Bad look for GOG - can't see myself buying another game here and supporting this incompetence.
locustami: hard to believe it's taking so long to get the update put together.

embarrassing ... and equally frustrating for the people who purchased the game here... like me... grrrr.

Bad look for GOG - can't see myself buying another game here and supporting this incompetence.
At this rate, they may be able to make it by 1 April 2025. It's a real shame to say anything about them. I've rewritten the game and am playing with the update, because I no longer expect them to do anything. And things with the update are agreed earlier, not a few days after its release.
Still nothing, not even a release date?

it's not gog's fault ats there is only so much they can do. Its all on Bethesda. i bet gog made them do this way before it was to be released on other platforms and stores but typical Bethesda mess up updates like this before remember skyrim on ps3. now you have fallout 4 with official drm free version. games on gog all have offline intallers and have certain things haver to be changed to work with gog and its drm free stuff. lets see you make a game of any size and scope and having to support multiple platforms while working on new games or patches for specific platform problems all at the some time whhen some platform like gog.might not make you as many sales. Bethesda is huge and has that Microsoft money now so there is no excuse for not having this fixed by now and on gog already . if they want to sell on this platform, then support it. every official press release and news post all said the "next gen update" release date it would be on gog as well.

bgardner104: it's not gog's fault ats there is only so much they can do. Its all on Bethesda. i bet gog made them do this way before it was to be released on other platforms and stores but typical Bethesda mess up updates like this before remember skyrim on ps3. now you have fallout 4 with official drm free version. games on gog all have offline intallers and have certain things haver to be changed to work with gog and its drm free stuff. lets see you make a game of any size and scope and having to support multiple platforms while working on new games or patches for specific platform problems all at the some time whhen some platform like gog.might not make you as many sales. Bethesda is huge and has that Microsoft money now so there is no excuse for not having this fixed by now and on gog already . if they want to sell on this platform, then support it. every official press release and news post all said the "next gen update" release date it would be on gog as well.
Said so eveen on the official bethesda discord announcement on the nextgen update release about it still coming ..but now though last I checked they edited out the gog release still coming factor
Post edited June 24, 2024 by BanditKeith2
Can anyone verify that the GOG version is available without the 'next gen' update, that breaks mod use?

If so, I'll happily purchase it here.
cmthomas45: Can anyone verify that the GOG version is available without the 'next gen' update, that breaks mod use?

Yes, it is.
Version : 1.10.163.0
cmthomas45: Can anyone verify that the GOG version is available without the 'next gen' update, that breaks mod use?

Odessam: Yes, it is.
Version : 1.10.163.0
Thanks very much.!
TozserG: Still nothing, not even a release date?
Nothing yet. Todd Howard needs to resign!
TozserG: Still nothing, not even a release date?
MetalLancer1: Nothing yet. Todd Howard needs to resign!
Eh honestly we got it coming since we got it for 16 bucks instead of 40
MetalLancer1: Nothing yet. Todd Howard needs to resign!
Darkcore77: Eh honestly we got it coming since we got it for 16 bucks instead of 40
That's true. Hopefully it will be worth it!