It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It seems the "fixes" to this quest (which actually always worked fine for me on previous versions) has possibly broken the quest in that it cannot be completed now.

Once initiated, the marker does go to the proper house now (instead of heading to the map marker), but if you head to the house and it's daylight, it will allow you to enter the house straight away, instead of asking if you want to wait for night. The quest never changes from "wait for night time to rob the wedding", and the quest never completes even after killing everyone and looting everything.

I followed the people, but went back to the church first to see the bishop before going back and entering the house, not sure if that made any difference - as previously this quest always worked for me.
I've had this happen to me in 1.02 and I did same as you did this time. I first went to the Bishop. It might be what breaks the quest, I guess?
[Edit: typo]
I just completed this quest last night (version 1.02) and it worked just as it should: I followed the party to the house, waited until they all went inside (the quest updated), interacted with the door and got the option 'Wait until nightfall". Waited, entered and completed the quest.

I agree with Wolf109 that visiting the bishop first is what might break the quest. If you follow them (which is what you are supposed to do) the quest works fine.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by Hickory
Hickory: I just completed this quest last night (version 1.02) and it worked just as it should: I followed the party to the house, waited until they all went inside (the quest updated), interacted with the door and got the option 'Wait until nightfall". Waited, entered and completed the quest.

I agree with Wold109 that visiting the bishop first is what might break the quest. If you follow them (which is what you are supposed to do) the quest works fine.
Thanks for your insights guys - it definitely sounds like it might be visiting the bishop that does it.

At least this one's not game-breaking - it just means the quest hangs around forever. It also means I don't get XP for it, but considering how much XP gets doled out in this game it probably won't make any difference (I usually end up with surplus XP for everyone by the end of the game).