It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We have uploaded a new patch for Ether One. Please download the Universal update (patch 1.0.3) from your game shelf in order to have the latest version of the game :)

Changelog:

Gameplay issues fixed:
- Fixed Puzzle objects becoming unreadable if texture detail is lowered.
- Removed a nonessential puzzle item causing a giant box with
'etherpickupitem' to appear after reloading the game.
- Halved the rendertarget budget in areas.
- Made puzzle items keep fidelity in a low-texture detail option.

Menu options:
- English subtitles now correct and showing over all dialogue.
- Fixed subtitles not working at certain resolutions (1280x1024)

Thanks and have a nice day :)
The game breaking bug with the 2nd music-box is still in though.
Ichwillnichtmehr: The game breaking bug with the 2nd music-box is still in though.
Could you write that one out in detail for me, please? :)
And here as well, so it is avoidable perhaps...
Ichwillnichtmehr: The game breaking bug with the 2nd music-box is still in though.
JudasIscariot: Could you write that one out in detail for me, please? :)
I made a question regarding this here:

http://www.gog.com/forum/ether_one/the_music_box_for_core_memory_2_is_not_playing_did_i_miss_something

Basically, I found the last memory in Pinwheel Industrial, took the lamp, and returned to the case.

The Pinwheel Industrial door is lit up (meaning all memories are present), and now I should only need to activate the music box to open it.

The music box does register when I hold the mouse button down, but it cannot be activated.
Post edited June 16, 2014 by Ichwillnichtmehr
Hm, I got error during the update:

Ether One patch log
Update from version 2.0.2.4 to 2.0.3.5

Incorrect version of: C:\GOG\Ether One\Binaries\InstallInfo.xml

How do I fix that? :>
zeffyr: Hm, I got error during the update:

Ether One patch log

You can try two things:

1. Back up your save files (The save game files can be found in C: (Or the drive you installed Ether One on) / UDK / Ether One / Binaries / Win 32. The file names will be 'EtherSlot....'. There a 6 files maximum (1 for each slot).) and re-install both the game and the patch.

2. Write a Support ticket in case something goes wrong :)

Ether One patch log

JudasIscariot: You can try two things:

1. Back up your save files (The save game files can be found in C: (Or the drive you installed Ether One on) / UDK / Ether One / Binaries / Win 32. The file names will be 'EtherSlot....'. There a 6 files maximum (1 for each slot).) and re-install both the game and the patch.

Reinstalling and applying patch to the original version worked fine, thanks! :-)

zeffyr: Reinstalling and applying patch to the original version worked fine, thanks! :-)
Glad to hear that :) Sorry for the re-installation hassle, though.

Ether One patch log

Had the same error, the first solution worked for me. I uninstalled the game without deleting the save games, then installed the game again with the newest patch. Restored my save games and it's working now, thanks.
Choosername: And here as well, so it is avoidable perhaps...
I found a way around the 2nd music-box problem, maybe this will help you too.

If you have all memories and took the lamp you need to restore the shaft tower(the one that has the "What the Mind thinks, the Heart transmits"-plaque on the side), and after that, you will be transported to a room, and after that you should be able use the music-box and continue.
Love this game! I think I am encountering a bug though... don't read on if you don't like spoilers.

I managed to switch the power on in the Arsenic House and the flames are burning red. I found the flammable bottles, through one in the right hand burner and the flames turn blue.
Through one in the left hand burner, the bottle disappears but nothing else happens, flames are still red and I can't get the projector fixed, I don't think.

I went back to a previously saved game but the same happened :( Any ideas? Thanks :)