It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How do I update the game from my current installation "1.0.2846.0 CZ Fixes" to "1.0.2946.0"
- without downloading the whole game again and
- without using Galaxy?

Where can I download the patch only? Don't want to use Galaxy, because this is what GoG is all about for me. No clients, no DRM, no bs.
for now, you will have to download the whole game again. a single patch file is not available yet. it was said that they've encountered a problem with the chinese language pack while preparing an offline-installer: https://www.gog.com/forum/elex/elex_version_1029460_game_quest_fixes_new_difficulty_setting/post13

let's hope they will have it ready in the next few days, early january at the latest.
Any news on this?

The patch-policy on Gog really starts to annoy me. Where is the problem? Is it on GoG or Piranhas side?
i installed satellite for a few minutes to do its file check routine which updated me no problem in ten minutes. suspecting it's a business decision despite what is being said, because obviously it works!
jackal1234: i installed satellite for a few minutes to do its file check routine which updated me no problem in ten minutes. suspecting it's a business decision despite what is being said, because obviously it works!
Do you mean galaxy? What is satellite?
If you install galaxy you can i think import the game folder, and then it should be able to update the game.
After that you can just uninstall galaxy.
this is becoming pretty infuriating. the latest game version is now 1.0.2955.0 and again, you cannot update other than using gog galaxy or the gog downloader. so there is an offline installer this time, but it's not available unless you install another tool to download a 15mb (!) patch file.

i've send an e-mail to support and i'm eager to get an answer to why this file is not available for regular download and why there is no news to why we've never received an offline installer for the previous patch. they cannot seriously expect us to download the whole ~27gb client each time a new patch is released.

the lack of communication in this matter is disappointing, to say the least.

edit: patch 1.0.2955.0 is available for regular download when "english" is the selected language. patch file should be compatible with all languages, though. that said, still no patch 1.0.2946.0 offline installer, the game version this file requires.
Post edited January 12, 2018 by monotony
It is pretty obvious: The offline Patches are a feast for pirates and the galaxy installer is the only thing that at least makes it a little less comfortable for pirates to use gog games (do you know there is a dedicated page just to download gog installers?)

So to have the latest and greatest you once in a while use gog galaxy to update your stuff (you can then run everything without galaxy).

I am pretty sure most people complaining are actually pirates
DDQW: It is pretty obvious: The offline Patches are a feast for pirates and the galaxy installer is the only thing that at least makes it a little less comfortable for pirates to use gog games (do you know there is a dedicated page just to download gog installers?)

So to have the latest and greatest you once in a while use gog galaxy to update your stuff (you can then run everything without galaxy).

I am pretty sure most people complaining are actually pirates
­

or people who don't want a shitload of additional clients for downloading and updating their games on their system. that's a pretty offensive accusation you're throwing around here. i buy my games on gog because that way i don't need additional clients, are able to backup my games and have no (soft-)drm to deal with.

gog said time and time again in interviews that they don't care much about piracy, because games will be pirated anyway. why go through gog when it's easier to get your stuff on thepiratebay? why building up a drm-free platform if you're so afraid of pirates that you will risk upsetting parts of your customer base by delaying or not releasing updates? that just makes no sense at all.

it's not like games on gog have strong copy protection on other platforms because what would be the point? games and their updates will be cracked and released either way, you don't need gog for that.
low rated
It makes a lot of sense, because gog patches don't need to be cracked and will always work. So when they make it hard to get the latest patches for non buyers (ergo people who cannot use galaxy) they have a harder time to keep their games updated.

So there is at least one reason apart from beeing a good guy to not go to the piratebay (or mentioned specialized gog pirating site).

Additonally they might not be the only one to have a say in this matter. Maybe pirnaha does not want to have the patches out right away so pirates don't load the game from piratebay instead of buying it on steam and with PBs quality standard it is pretty virtal to have access to patches.

and no only a few games get cracked even with theri latest patches. In most cases the pirates are stuck with a certain version.

an honestly: Your computer is running so much shit regardless of being a win or a linux machine a simple little programm like galaxy (that you can start when you want and don't have to leave running at all times) does not hurt.

Look at tit as a package manager with a gog repo

And btw: Why do you think they rarely relaese commulative patches and you have to get every single fucking hotfix ever released to work without galaxy? It would not be hard to make a big patch available everytime. Actually pretty easy. But they don't. Quess why? They want people to use galaxy. Again why? because it cannot be used with pirated gog games.

case closed.
Post edited January 12, 2018 by DDQW
DDQW: It makes a lot of sense, because gog patches don't need to be cracked and will always work. So when they make it hard to get the latest patches for non buyers (ergo people who cannot use galaxy) they have a harder time to keep their games updated.

So there is at least one reason apart from beeing a good guy to not go to the piratebay (or mentioned specialized gog pirating site).

Additonally they might not be the only one to have a say in this matter. Maybe pirnaha does not want to have the patches out right away so pirates don't load the game from piratebay instead of buying it on steam and with PBs quality standard it is pretty virtal to have access to patches.

and no only a few games get cracked even with theri latest patches. In most cases the pirates are stuck with a certain version.

an honestly: Your computer is running so much shit regardless of being a win or a linux machine a simple little programm like galaxy (that you can start when you want and don't have to leave running at all times) does not hurt.

And btw: Why do you think they rarely relaese commulative patches and you have to get every single fucking hotfix ever released to work without galaxy? It would not be hard to make a big patch available everytime. Actually pretty easy. But they don't. Quess why? They want people to use galaxy. Again why? because it cannot be used with pirated gog games.

case closed.
­­

case opened.

go to a release/nfo site and look for yourself. almost all relevant games get updated with the newest patches (there is literally a scene "race" around that), unless drm and copy protection measures won't allow for a timely release. but as i've said, games on gog aren't usually protected that hard on other platforms.

it's not about whether galaxy would "hurt" my system, but a simple matter of principle. i don't want it and i was promised i don't need it. on this i did my purchase.

yes, pirates may use these patches, if they get into circulation. there is some logic in that, but it doesn't really lessen my issue with the situation as an honest customer, does it? again, it doesn't make much sense to disfavor your customers in this particular instance, when your whole business model revolves around trust in your customer's honesty.

and btw: depending on how the game's files are stored, encrypted and packed, it can be pretty cumbersome to make commulative patches, or any patch of reasonable size, for that matter. as it happens, i myself created a patch for dead space 3 not that long ago and it was quite the hassle to reverse-engineer and extract the files necessary to fix the issue i was working on. or take payday 2, for example. every time a new patch is released, you'll have to re-download a huge chunk of the game as it's files are stored in just a few big packages.
DDQW: I am pretty sure most people complaining are actually pirates
FFS, seriously? This is the same crap you see spouted when people ask for DRM-free games: Oh, you want DRM-free/?You must be a pirate, then.
low rated
DDQW: It makes a lot of sense, because gog patches don't need to be cracked and will always work. So when they make it hard to get the latest patches for non buyers (ergo people who cannot use galaxy) they have a harder time to keep their games updated.

case closed.
monotony: ­­

case opened.

go to a release/nfo site and look for yourself. almost all relevant games get updated with the newest patches (there is literally a scene "race" around that), unless drm and copy protection measures won't allow for a timely release. but as i've said, games on gog aren't usually protected that hard on other platforms.

it's not about whether galaxy would "hurt" my system, but a simple matter of principle. i don't want it and i was promised i don't need it. on this i did my purchase.

yes, pirates may use these patches, if they get into circulation. there is some logic in that, but it doesn't really lessen my issue with the situation as an honest customer, does it? again, it doesn't make much sense to disfavor your customers in this particular instance, when your whole business model revolves around trust in your customer's honesty.

and btw: depending on how the game's files are stored, encrypted and packed, it can be pretty cumbersome to make commulative patches, or any patch of reasonable size, for that matter. as it happens, i myself created a patch for dead space 3 not that long ago and it was quite the hassle to reverse-engineer and extract the files necessary to fix the issue i was working on. or take payday 2, for example. every time a new patch is released, you'll have to re-download a huge chunk of the game as it's files are stored in just a few big packages.
ok, then show me a page with a pirated version of the latest elex patch ;)
DDQW: I am pretty sure most people complaining are actually pirates
GR00T: FFS, seriously? This is the same crap you see spouted when people ask for DRM-free games: Oh, you want DRM-free/?You must be a pirate, then.
i can understand if you want it drm free, i can not understand to whine about a small program (a spec of sand in the desert that is your system) that you just start once to get the patch and then leave closed.

This is pointless whining. Especially if i read some people that have pretty much every other drm client on their system. But galaxy? Oh there suddenly it becomes a problem. Fuckwits should just stop pretending they bought it.
Post edited January 12, 2018 by DDQW
*edit* NM, just not worth the time.
Post edited January 12, 2018 by GR00T
monotony: this is becoming pretty infuriating. the latest game version is now 1.0.2955.0 and again, you cannot update other than using gog galaxy or the gog downloader.
Click on MORE and choose 'Classic Installers'. You can get the patch through your browser that way.
monotony: this is becoming pretty infuriating. the latest game version is now 1.0.2955.0 and again, you cannot update other than using gog galaxy or the gog downloader.
GR00T: Click on MORE and choose 'Classic Installers'. You can get the patch through your browser that way.
nope, only shows the main client: https://i.imgur.com/jbCrMZq.jpg

but i've found the issue. the patch only shows when "english" is the selected language. should be compatible with the "german version" too, though, as all versions are identical. changing the language of the game merely requires two changes in the config xml.

thanks for the info.