It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The ONLY reason I purchased the GoG version was to avoid the damn updates, it update somehow.
How can i find the previous build for download? GoG does not provide the older builds on the site?
I'm I missing something maybe I didn't search right?
So if anyone from staff can help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to regret my purchases now that I'm finding this out from GoG AFTER the fact.
Post edited February 29, 2024 by elpuertorro
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I'll leave this here for future reference
To Downgrade To version 1.6.659 NEEDS to be done on the GoG CLIENT. so you need to download the client if you want to downgrade.
I was able to downgrade to 1.6.659 by opening the GoG Galaxy client,
opening the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition page from my library,
clicking on the options button on the right of the top center line of buttons (it looks like two lines with circles on them),
then clicking on Manage Installation > Configure.
This opened up a window for Configuring this game. I unchecked the auto-updates box,
and some menu options appeared of older versions. I clicked on "Show more versions" (or its equivalent)
selected the radio button for "Version 1.6.659.0.8 - a year ago",
then clicked "OK" at the bottom right of the window.

Then I waited for the download to finish installing.

Unfortunately, this didn't fix the issues I'm having with mods, but that's a subject for a whole other thread.
For anyone here from the future, you can't get the offline installers after an update, they will always be the latest version. As for downgradability its via GOG galaxy, you can go to whatever version it supports. But be warned, if to many updates come out you may not be able to go back far enough.
Post edited March 09, 2024 by Starkrun
This is horrible...
Yep, agree. I'm on Linux and the latest update seems to remove my ability to use mods (keeps erasing contents of Plugins.txt). And apparently GOG won't let me download GOG Galaxy to re-download 1.6.659, presumably because I'm on a Linux machine (no Download link available on GOG Galaxy page).

Has anyone using Linux gotten the updated version to work with mods? Or managed to get a new copy of the 1.6.659 installer files from GOG? If so, please share your knowledge with us!
You should be able to change your browser's User Agent to pretend to be a Winders box, and then the site should let you see and download the GoG Galaxy client, which can run under WINE.

Some browsers will have a knob for UA, others will need an extension.
(If all else fails, install and run a Winders browser under WINE!)
Good luck!
Post edited May 18, 2024 by docwebhead
Zetawilk: I was able to downgrade to 1.6.659 by opening the GoG Galaxy client,
clicking on the options button on the right of the top center line of buttons (it looks like two lines with circles on them),
This opened up a window for Configuring this game. I unchecked the auto-updates box,
and some menu options appeared of older versions. I clicked on "Show more versions" (or its equivalent)

Unfortunately, this didn't fix the issues I'm having with mods, but that's a subject for a whole other thread.
Even the Galaxy client isn't letting me change the version now. All of the options under "Manage Installation > Configure" are greyed out.

This is seriously irritating.
I"m sorry this doesn't help the OP, but...

I refuse to install the gog client thing, there's nothing it provides that I want.
so therefore, I always download the offline installers which I also copy to an external hardrive (in case GOG ever disappears, I still have my installers)
aelimeade: I always download the offline installers which I also copy to an external hardrive (in case GOG ever disappears, I still have my installers)
I follow the same procedure across multiple drives that are physically stored separately from my main devices (and completely reject GOG Galaxy).

It is unfortunate that GOG is leaving legitimate owners with no choice but to resort to alternative means to acquire older installation files (with some users reporting that the old versions are now unavailable through Galaxy).

Is GOG concerned that users may become confused if separate versions are available, or, are they worried about the potential for the unnecessary usage of bandwidth (if users were to thoughtlessly download all files)?
I'm in a rage about this, had 1.6.659 that was forced upgraded to 1.6.1076

Within GOG Galaxy it can only be downgraded to 1.6.1070 and nothing else. The Bethesda bullies from the backyard forced an upgrade that destroys 80% of mods. Even the Lutris installer now automatically points to 1.6.1076.

So question for the GOG team, where's the option to get hand on the old 1.6.659 files? Why was the downgrade option cancelled for Todd Howard? These upgrades derail SKSE, SkyUI, Racemenu etc etc etc....

T-Solderbro
T-Solderbro: I'm in a rage about this, had 1.6.659 that was forced upgraded to 1.6.1076

Within GOG Galaxy it can only be downgraded to 1.6.1070 and nothing else. The Bethesda bullies from the backyard forced an upgrade that destroys 80% of mods. Even the Lutris installer now automatically points to 1.6.1076.

So question for the GOG team, where's the option to get hand on the old 1.6.659 files? Why was the downgrade option cancelled for Todd Howard? These upgrades derail SKSE, SkyUI, Racemenu etc etc etc....

T-Solderbro
I'm not able to downgrade below these 2 anymore.
Attachments:
image.png (82 Kb)
Zetawilk: I was able to downgrade to 1.6.659 by opening the GoG Galaxy client,

Unfortunately, you are not able to do that anymore. I contacted GOG for help 2 or 3 times and with no resolution. I think when they updated GOG client it took that version and the button for older versions away. It's now July 2024 and you can only go back 6 months. I have looked everywhere online and on forums and I can't find a copy or a way to downgrade to the more than 2-year-old version 1.6.659. I'd almost pay for it again if I were able to get that version again. Oh well, I should of payed more attention when I verified my files and accidently updated.