It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Raze_Larian: The version of DD in the Divinity Anthology is the same as Steam and GOG, so it does have the same issue with some of the changes and fixes (for relatively rare problems) being lost.
meudoland: in this case, I could keep my GOG version!....
ciao e grazie
Yes, the GOG version is the exact same as the versions sold anywhere else. Hope that helps :)
I've been asked to clarify [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/divine_divinity_series/what_are_the_problems_with_gogs_divine_divinity/post3 ]my third post in this thread[/url], wherein I listed a million bugs and basically made Divine Divinity on GOG sound like a trainwreck.

Well, it's not a trainwreck. It is currently, as the officials have said, the exact same version as that sold at any other digital vendor like the Larian site or Steam.

But it is NOT the same version as the patched original disk version of the game. A big grab-bag of changes and fixes were LOST, and remain lost in all digital versions.

What's important to remember about that list of lost fixes is that all those bugs won't necessarily happen to you. Losing those fixes doesn't mean that you WILL get those bugs, but just that you CAN get them. As Raze once said, he played a big part of the original game without any fixes at all and didn't get any bugs.

So the problems are rare, but they're still lurking in there, and people DO still sometimes post with problems that were considered long-fixed in the patched disk versions. There are workarounds, (thank goodness for helpful players), but you shouldn't have to bust out the hex-editor or send your savegame to someone to fix it because an important quest NPC went hostile for no reason.

I'm going to edit my post in question, because at least one problem WAS fixed (the music problem), and GOG is up to date with every other digital vendor. I'm also going to remove the gigantic list and just note the patches from which there are missing fixes.
If You want more fixes then use patched disk release of the game. But remember that there is a copy protection in it (1.0033A - Safedisc v2.90.040 for example). 1.0034A have copy protection removed but You still need original CD3 in drive during play because of CD check and some critical game cutscenes still played from original CD. Remember that working No-CD for this game does not exist.
If You don't care about these fixes then use semi-patched digital release of DD.
Post edited September 04, 2013 by Tarnum
The problem was with Vista for me. Once I played it on Windows XP, the game ran fine and 5 times faster than vista. Go figure.
deathknight1728: The problem was with Vista for me. Once I played it on Windows XP, the game ran fine and 5 times faster than vista. Go figure.
For Windows Vista/7/8 You should play the game in software mode (Glide mode should work also via nGlide).
Direct3D mode is recommended only for Windows XP (will slowdown or even freeze the game on Vista+).
Tarnum: If You want more fixes then use patched disk release of the game. But remember that there is a copy protection in it (1.0033A - Safedisc v2.90.040 for example). 1.0034A have copy protection removed but You still need original CD3 in drive during play because of CD check and some critical game cutscenes still played from original CD. Remember that working No-CD for this game does not exist.
If You don't care about these fixes then use semi-patched digital release of DD.
hi, so what is your personal choice between the patched disk version and the digital ones?
meudoland: hi, so what is your personal choice between the patched disk version and the digital ones?
Do you want to play in a resolution higher than 1024x768? Personally (though I'm not the person you asked), I think that is the deciding factor, given the minor differences in the download version and relatively small extra chance of running into issues compared to the disk version.

Tarnum: Direct3D mode is recommended only for Windows XP (will slowdown or even freeze the game on Vista+).
I've had no problem with DD in Direct3D mode on Vista and Win 7 systems.
Post edited September 05, 2013 by Raze_Larian
meudoland: hi, so what is your personal choice between the patched disk version and the digital ones?
I prefer original CD release of the game (patched to 1.0033A) with copy protection and all. It's my personal preference. I understand the feature of this version: it is necessary to start a new game with 1.0033A otherwise many fixes will be missing and some incompatibilities with existing saves can occur. I'm currently testing glide mode. But I'm using standard monitor with 4:3 dimensions.
sorry if it's been answered prior, but I play the original disc version - maybe 1.0034? . Weren't there some issues with skills not working right though? Scorpion traps overpowered, poison arrows damage even when not hitting, and True Shot not working, Freeze on weapons ignored resistances. So what is best option? or am I mistaken?
dogeddie: the original disc version - maybe 1.0034? . Weren't there some issues with skills not working right though? Scorpion traps overpowered, poison arrows damage even when not hitting, and True Shot not working, Freeze on weapons ignored resistances. So what is best option? or am I mistaken?
You are correct; the damage portion of Crossbow Expertise is also broken in the disk version. Those skills are also broke in the download version. Scorpions and Frost on a weapon are in so many help topics and walkthroughs that even if Larian were going to do another patch for the download version, they likely would not fix them.

There are only relatively minor differences between the disk and download versions (such as with Finnigan's lockpicks; you can not return them to complete the quest in the download version and buy them back), so even with a slightly higher chance of running into a bug in the download version (I didn't have any serious issues in the unpatched disk version), I'd say play the download version if you need higher resolution support or want to use a widescreen aspect ratio.
@Raze_Larian

I have been playing DD on my Mac and recently encountered the Zaknadrix bug. I had already overwritten my save game file from prior to talking to him when I discovered the bug. Is there any way to fix this on a Mac? I've seen several options for PC, but none for Mac. Thanks!
NiennatheWise: Is there any way to fix this on a Mac? I've seen several options for PC, but none for Mac.
I would think the solutions for the PC version would work on a Mac, as well...

Are the saved game folders saved within the application container, or somewhere else? To check, right click on the application and choose "Show Package Contents", then browse to the Beyond Divinity\Savedgames folder and see if it contains a subfolder for each saved game. Alternately, in the Search window (for the application or your hard drive) type in shot.xxx and see if you can find the saves (that is the name of the screenshot file in each save folder, in TGA format).

I assume once you show the package contents (which I only know about thanks to BenSt88 replying in the Changing Resolution on Mac version topic), or find the saves elsewhere, the file swapping and copying, or hex editing, for the fix should be possible.
Arthandas: Is there some kind of list how to avoid bugs and their workarounds if encountered? I'm going to start new DD playthrough and it would be good to know.
Raze_Larian: There is the outdated QUESTBREAKERS AND MAKING DIV LIFE DIFFICULT.

Early Starter Tips (NON-Spoiler Version) contains a couple warnings, but isn't focused on bugs.

Listing Of Technical Fixes

Basically, just make periodic saves and you should be fine. If you do run into any bugs, it would be relatively easy to revert to an earlier save.
For specifics, don't sneak into the castle before entering by invitation and talk to Janus, don't open chests in the Verdistis sewers without saving if you have a low spiritual resistance...
Bought the game a few weeks ago and downloaded in now and ready for a playthrough (i had old disk version i never played either lol). Those links are handy. I suppose as well not using True Sight and Crossbow Expertise are recommended along with the Scorpion trap stuff to get the best experience?
Post edited January 14, 2014 by Niggles
Niggles: I suppose as well not using True Sight and Crossbow Expertise are recommended along with the Scorpion trap stuff to get the best experience?
Some people like scorpion traps and frost weapons. I saved scorpion traps (as well as eggs and the bags of explosive powder) in my first game, but never got around to trying them until after I completed the game. I found a Frost weapon mid game that I used briefly, but at least with a warrior build think it made combat too easy / boring (that wouldn't necessarily be the case with a mage just using it as a backup weapon).