It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Raze_Larian: There is the outdated QUESTBREAKERS AND MAKING DIV LIFE DIFFICULT.
That's exactly what I've been looking for, thanks! I remember seeing it on the forums but couldn't find it again. You say it's outdated but aren't those bugs still present?
Post edited August 14, 2013 by Arthandas
Arthandas: You say it's outdated but aren't those bugs still present?
Some, yes; some were fixed.
why dont GOG try to fix all these problems????
please guys contact GOG and report the problems!!!
meudoland: why dont GOG try to fix all these problems????
For one they don't have the source code for the game. Most of the issues are also minor or rare, and/or have workarounds or fixes, if they are encountered.
meudoland: why dont GOG try to fix all these problems????
Raze_Larian: For one they don't have the source code for the game. Most of the issues are also minor or rare, and/or have workarounds or fixes, if they are encountered.
then why dont Larian give the source code back??
it is unacceptable here to own a game not perfectly updated and patched!
meudoland: it is unacceptable here to own a game not perfectly updated and patched!
Are there any games on GOG that are perfectly updated and patched? I'm pretty sure for any game you could name it wouldn't be hard to fine someone who has had an issue with it.

Half my first game in Divine Divinity was in the unpatched disk version, and I didn't run into any serious issues (a minor but annoying bug, fixed in the download version, was corrected by installing the hotfix).
Still, they should finally implement the music patch...
meudoland: it is unacceptable here to own a game not perfectly updated and patched!
Raze_Larian: Are there any games on GOG that are perfectly updated and patched? I'm pretty sure for any game you could name it wouldn't be hard to fine someone who has had an issue with it.

Half my first game in Divine Divinity was in the unpatched disk version, and I didn't run into any serious issues (a minor but annoying bug, fixed in the download version, was corrected by installing the hotfix).
anyway, if you say that GOG version has problems, when I will begin to play it, if GOG will not fix it in time, I will have to buy another copy directly from the developers and I sadly will lose part of my faith to GOG people.....
Raze_Larian: Are there any games on GOG that are perfectly updated and patched? I'm pretty sure for any game you could name it wouldn't be hard to fine someone who has had an issue with it.

meudoland: anyway, if you say that GOG version has problems, when I will begin to play it, if GOG will not fix it in time, I will have to buy another copy directly from the developers and I sadly will lose part of my faith to GOG people.....
Push this issue to the GOG support... they are maybe not aware "enough" of the issues.

Also, to Larian: I understand that pumping developer ressources in a years old game to fix bugs is economical not feasible but than...PLEASE... consider making the game open source (like e.g. Arx Fatalis also on GOG, with community fixes here) to let the community fix the remaining issues themself. Fixing this kind of bugs with source code available is no magic... and Larian can still sell the game here as the content would be still proprietary. Win-win situation for everyone! :)

PS: there is also wishlist for this: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/obtain_source_code_for_games_where_possible
Post edited August 20, 2013 by shaddim
meudoland: anyway, if you say that GOG version has problems, when I will begin to play it, if GOG will not fix it in time, I will have to buy another copy directly from the developers and I sadly will lose part of my faith to GOG people.....
Except for not including the music fix, GOG has the same version of the game that is on Steam and the Larian Vault. Actually, I'm not sure if the Larian Vault download has been updated yet, either; the fix was made during the D:OS kickstarter, and Larian has been busy since then with Dragon Commander.
Raze_Larian: Except for not including the music fix, GOG has the same version of the game that is on Steam and the Larian Vault. Actually, I'm not sure if the Larian Vault download has been updated yet, either; the fix was made during the D:OS kickstarter, and Larian has been busy since then with Dragon Commander.
sorry I confused you for the guy at the third post....
by reading that post I think the GOG version is really messed up, or am I misunderstanding??
Post edited August 19, 2013 by meudoland
meudoland: by reading that post I think the GOG version is really messed up, or am I misunderstanding??
That post is correct that there was a problem with a GOG update, but exaggerates the extent.
Bengeddes did a file comparison of the GOG version and unpatched disk version to determine that they were mostly identical. The disk patch is only 10MB, though, so with a 2GB install every version is going to be mostly identical using that criteria.

The final disk version of the game was 1.0034. The first GOG release (1.004) added some bugfixes and changes, but also introduced a serious new bug. When that was fixed (1.005), somewhere during that process the programmer reverted to an earlier version of some of the code.

For bugfixes, some of the 31/32/33 fixes remained (the 34 patch only fixing a problem with 33 and removing the copy protection), and some did not. Most were rare to uncommon issues. The resurrection fix from 1.004 remains in the current version (and maybe spellbooks), but the fix for True Shot and the damage portion of Crossbow Expertise are gone, as is the switch to percentages for all the expertise skills and updates to the tooltips.

Probably the most significant loss from the disk patches was with Finnigan's magic lockpicks. In a game started in the updated disk version, you can return them to complete a quest and then buy them back, and he is a decent trader (especially for survivor type supplies). In the download version, you can not buy back the lockpicks (it was silly being able to buy them back, anyway, especially at the price of a regular lockpick) and he is not a merchant. The magic lockpicks will also disappear if dropped directly on the ground, though there is a fix for that (and given their usefulness and light weight, there is not much chance of people wanting to drop them).

When the Divinity Anthology was released, Larian had to re-do the widescreen and higher resolution support, due to several issues with backups (blog post Hatching the Anthology). This resulted first in a Steam release (1.006), which was virtually identical to the GOG release (support was dropped for Win98 and the menu at the bottom of the screen could no longer be minimized to 3 lines for health, mana and stamina), with only one or two minor differences in bugfixes; 1.005 'fixed' scorpion traps so they were no longer overpowered, while in 1.006 they were overpowered (possibly deliberately, given how often they are recommended in walkthroughs and topics where people are having trouble), and I'm pretty sure I found another difference.

When Divinity 2 was released on GOG, DD and BD were also updated to the anthology versions.
meudoland: by reading that post I think the GOG version is really messed up, or am I misunderstanding??
Raze_Larian: That post is correct that there was a problem with a GOG update, but exaggerates the extent.
Bengeddes did a file comparison of the GOG version and unpatched disk version to determine that they were mostly identical. The disk patch is only 10MB, though, so with a 2GB install every version is going to be mostly identical using that criteria.
When Divinity 2 was released on GOG, DD and BD were also updated to the anthology versions.
many thanks for your explanations and your time, just another question:
do the missing disk patches affect Divinity Anthology too?
Post edited August 20, 2013 by meudoland
meudoland: do the missing disk patches affect Divinity Anthology too?
The version of DD in the Divinity Anthology is the same as Steam and GOG, so it does have the same issue with some of the changes and fixes (for relatively rare problems) being lost.
Post edited August 20, 2013 by Raze_Larian
meudoland: do the missing disk patches affect Divinity Anthology too?
Raze_Larian: The version of DD in the Divinity Anthology is the same as Steam and GOG, so it does have the same issue with some of the changes and fixes (for relatively rare problems) being lost.
in this case, I could keep my GOG version!....
ciao e grazie