It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Imarion: Thanks for the answer, I did not notice the newer patch earlier.

I installed patch_divinity_original_sin_2.12.0.23.exe (09. 1.0169+ to 1.0.177+hotfix (29.09)) to no avail.

The game still reports 1.0169 on the main menu.

Imarion
Did you switch back to English from another language?
No, I installed it in french the 1st time and I do not remember (at least) having switched.

I tried now to set the game in english, start it, apply the patch (I right away get a window telling me "the patch is already applied"), set back to french, restart.

At all steps the game reports 1.0.169.0.

Anyway this patch is not very important, I will wait the next one.

Imarion
Sorry if this had been addressed before but I went through 3 pages of this forum without seeing an answer.
I had been trying to download the game since it was launched (i bought it very early) but for some reason, I am not able to download it at my work PC, which had a much faster connection than home.
I'm using the latest GOG downloader and it'll display a much smaller file size on the download screen and then overshoots that size. A few hundred MB later, it'll stop with a Checksum error.

I thought, no big deal, I'll slowly download from home then, where it does download properly with the correct size indicated.

However, the game then went into hyper drive with the patches and I decided to give up after a few tries where I'm not even halfway through the download before the next installer was introduced. I thought I'll sit out the patching frenzy and download when I'm back from an overseas trip.

Now that I'm back, I see that the latest installer is 1.0.177 but there are multiple patches as well.
Am I right to say that all I need is the 1.0.177 installer if I'm starting from scratch? Or do I still need the other patches?

Meanwhile, does anyone have an idea why the downloader on my work PC is exhibiting this strange behavior? It works fine for all other downloads except this game. Below is the link to the screen capture.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5u6pBAh.jpg[/IMG]
Attachments:
gogdl.jpg (232 Kb)
Post edited October 13, 2014 by Navanod66
Navanod66: Am I right to say that all I need is the 1.0.177 installer if I'm starting from scratch? Or do I still need the other patches?
I think you also need the 20.4 MB hotfix. There was an update to fix some localization issues, which didn't change the version number (only data was altered, no code).

I don't know what would cause that problem with your work computer.
Given the difference in version numbers on the Mac downloads I do wish there was better release documentation. In that vein, here's what I've pieced together about the available Mac "Divinity: Original Sin" files as of October 12, 2014.

As of October 12th, the Mac D:OS (English) downloadable options are:
* Mac OS X Installer, English 2.3.0 (10.2 GB)
* DLC Patch (1MB)
* Patch 1.0.177 + Polish loc. (1.4GB)

The actual file names and sizes on those are:
* divinity_original_sin_2.3.0.33.dmg (11.12 GB)
* divinity_original_sin_dlc_patch2.pkg (22 KB)
* patch_divinity_os_2.0.4.15.pkg (1.46 GB)

So far as I can tell, you should install all three—presumably in that order (?)—though I'm not entirely sure what the DLC patch is for.

Given the currently available files, there is no way to upgrade from an old version. You have to remove the old version and install from the latest installer. This should not adversely affect existing saved games, as they are stored in your user's personal "Documents/Larian Studios" directory.

The installer (version 2.3.0.33) installs D:OS version 1.0.177.0. This already contains "The Bear and The Burglar" DLC (the new ranger and rogue companions pack).

I'm not sure what applying the "DLC Patch" does, but it installs without issue.

The remaining patch, "Patch 1.0.177 + Polish loc.", upgrades the installed Mac application from version 2.3.0.33 to version 2.4.0.34, however the game's version number (1.0.177.0) does not change, so I'm guessing these are data-only changes and the code is unaffected. I don't know precisely what fixes are applied in this patch, as opposed to what changed in the new 2.3.0.33 installer, but I assume one of them contains the 9/30 hotfix and, presumably, based on the title, this patch addresses fixes related to the Polish language version.

Devs, did I get all that right?

Edit: Added a note about the new installer not affecting existing saved games.
Edit: Added a note about ther game's version number not being changed by the patch.
Post edited October 13, 2014 by xixas
xixas: So far as I can tell, you should install all three—presumably in that order (?)—though I'm not entirely sure what the DLC patch is for.
I'm guessing these are data-only changes and the code is unaffected.
based on the title, this patch addresses fixes related to the Polish language version.
The DLC patch fixes a problem with the companions not being activated properly in the full installer.

Correct.

Yes, the Polish localization was added, and there were some fixes for other localizations, as well. I'm not sure if the subsequent hotfix is included.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm also getting the error at home, although the size of the installer is displayed correctly.

"Checksum error on chunk 204, please contact support"
Hi,

I think I've miss the patch 1.0.169 to 1.0.177. And now it's not available and so I can't patch my game with the latest version 1.0.219. I don't want to download the whole game again just for that...

Any reason to remove the previous patch so quickly ?
hippolyte: And now it's not available
Contact GOG support for a link for any patches you missed.