It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...GOG Sale - 0%
Mobeeuz: ...GOG Sale - 0%
Steam Sale: Log in, it's our but we let you play it...

GOG 0 % Sale: DRM Free, pay the fee but keep it.

Worth it.
The last time this game was on sale on GOG was 30 March 2020 -- just over 21 months ago. Since then, it has been on sale on Steam 15 times, with the most recent sale price being $5.99 (80% discount).

Contrary to mamasume111's opinion, I'm sure many (probably most) people would agree that charging GOG customers five times as much as Steam customers for the same content, with the only difference being DRM-free on GOG, is unacceptable. I don't like it, but I can accept paying more to get a game DRM-free. Five times as much, however, goes far beyond any reasonable premium, especially when the non-sale price is the same on both stores.

It is quite obvious that the publisher sees no value in GOG or GOG customers.
...and finally GOG gets a sale. Hope it's been updated...
Mobeeuz: ...and finally GOG gets a sale. Hope it's been updated...
No need, it's free in 2022 for a limited time.

The future says hello.
This game has been on my radar for a long ass time.
Slick_JMista: This game has been on my radar for a long ass time.
So did you play it?
Slick_JMista: This game has been on my radar for a long ass time.
Saint Genesius: So did you play it?
Yeah. I'm three hours in and can see why Capcom had the game shut down. The RE2 remake plays a lot like it with much better graphics and facial animations, of course.
Saint Genesius: So did you play it?
Slick_JMista: Yeah. I'm three hours in and can see why Capcom had the game shut down. The RE2 remake plays a lot like it with much better graphics and facial animations, of course.
I quit after about an hour. The character models were creepy but the game seems to have some other problems as well, such as the controls for instance. I guess the game is okay for people who really liked the early Resident Evil games and want more of the same, albeit of lesser quality. What did you think of the Japanese revenge aspect of the story?
Slick_JMista: Yeah. I'm three hours in and can see why Capcom had the game shut down. The RE2 remake plays a lot like it with much better graphics and facial animations, of course.
Saint Genesius: I quit after about an hour. The character models were creepy but the game seems to have some other problems as well, such as the controls for instance. I guess the game is okay for people who really liked the early Resident Evil games and want more of the same, albeit of lesser quality. What did you think of the Japanese revenge aspect of the story?
i thought it was an interesting idea, albeit executed poorly. there was too much going on without much explanation. Not to mention the terrible voice acting which i dont think was intentional.
Slick_JMista: The RE2 remake plays a lot like it with much better graphics and facial animations
The first part of the statement is quite an overstatement, and the second part of that statement is quite an understatement.

Daymare 1998 is in no way whatsoever on par with RE 2 Remake.

And Daymare 1998 has legions of more problems than just the bad graphics and bad facial animations only (which are indeed quite bad).

I.e. Daymare has abysmally bad voice acting, abysmally bad cringe writing, totally non-logical and totally aggravating puzzles (RE 2 Remake also has that problem to some extent, but nowhere near as badly as Daymare does), no biting animations on the zombies (absent animations are different and additional issue on top of the bad animations issue) etc. etc.

Capcom had no reason to shut Daymare down and absolutely nothing to fear from Daymare competing with their RE games.
Post edited February 05, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Slick_JMista: The RE2 remake plays a lot like it with much better graphics and facial animations
Ancient-Red-Dragon: The first part of the statement is quite an overstatement, and the second part of that statement is quite an understatement.

Daymare 1998 is in no way whatsoever on par with RE 2 Remake.

And Daymare 1998 has legions of more problems than just the bad graphics and bad facial animations only (which are indeed quite bad).

I.e. Daymare has abysmally bad voice acting, abysmally bad cringe writing, totally non-logical and totally aggravating puzzles (RE 2 Remake also has that problem to some extent, but nowhere near as badly as Daymare does), no biting animations on the zombies (absent animations are different and additional issue on top of the bad animations issue) etc. etc.

Capcom had no reason to shut Daymare down and absolutely nothing to fear from Daymare competing with their RE games.
it was a good attempt by a collective of fans who basically salvaged the assets they made for their fan remake project.