It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SO i predownloaded the game but didnt get around to playing it today and its downloading 58gb again? WTF?
It's the latest patch they compiled. CDPR should be embarrassed that their first patch almost matched the size of the preload. I have been a staunch supporter of CDPR through the delays and what not, but this release has been a tragedy IMO. They should have delayed it again instead of sacrificing reputation by releasing such a low quality product.

Lesson learned for me, don't buy anything new. Wait a year for the GOTY version or whatever and get it patched and running good for half the price. Thanks for teaching me this lesson the hard way CDPR.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by jdjones1966
Weehamish: SO i predownloaded the game but didnt get around to playing it today and its downloading 58gb again? WTF?
Third day already, now with the 1.04 coming with 30GB, because during work days I do not left the machine connected downloading anything. I am seriously reading all posts here, minus the ones with any "activist crap."
jdjones1966: It's the latest patch they compiled. CDPR should be embarrassed that their first patch almost matched the size of the preload. I have been a staunch supporter of CDPR through the delays and what not, but this release has been a tragedy IMO. They should have delayed it again instead of sacrificing reputation by releasing such a low quality product.

Lesson learned for me, don't buy anything new. Wait a year for the GOTY version or whatever and get it patched and running good for half the price. Thanks for teaching me this lesson the hard way CDPR.
Too many games are doing that now--just putting the whole game in the GOG developer channel through Galaxy as opposed to working up a selective, smaller patch--examples are BG 3 EA, Bard's Tale 4 DC, and a few more that refuse to come to mind.

After the last Gog Galaxy Larian patch of the full 62GB game, people complained, so the next patch was an 80MB patch full of nothing except patching instructions. Although it only took minutes to download from Galaxy, the application of the patch was computationally intensive and took 1 hour to three hours to patch the game--depending host system hardware. So when the download time was cut to mere minutes, people complained as much about the time it took to patch the game as they did about haivng to download the entire game again to get the benefits of the patch...;)

The thing is, in the case of BG 3 EA, it is an EA game, and the bugs and feature implementations are legion and require much more resources--either physically or computationally until the game is done. Because it's EA, Larian gets a pass on that in my book. But CP 2077 is a completed game and fixing a legion of bugs every patch ought not be the case, I should think.

I'm holding off on buying this game and find your advice about waiting awhile to mirror my own notions on the subject.
It's only 585mb in PC. But the patch takes f-in forever to apply itself for some reason. it should not take several hours to apply a patch that small.
I think I'm regreting getting this game on GOG , first time I already nearly had 43gb then the download restarts, I star it again and was nearly 50 GB now it downsized to 25GB is this going to happend every time a patch gets released?

if so I maybe not even touch the download in 1 month
Post edited December 12, 2020 by G3nome
I had a decidedly different experience. I preloaded the game on GOG on Monday Dec 7th and downloaded 59GB. But on Dec 9th, I only downloaded a 298MB update. Today, I downloaded another small update that was only 580MB, What did I do differently?
Agreed. This is my first major purchase on GOG, I generally only buy smaller older games on GOG, but I thought this time I'd make an exception.

I don't think I'll be doing this again.
Ashaz: It's only 585mb in PC. But the patch takes f-in forever to apply itself for some reason. it should not take several hours to apply a patch that small.
The patch injects and removes code inside the center of the all the .archive fies. In the most probable case, this would require copying the entire file (these are 59GB of files) to a new place on the harddrive and deleting the old. The less space you have and the more fragmented that space is the longer the operation will take.

Ideally companies should be including a patch.archive instead of changing the original archive (so patch archives override files in the original archives), but that eats into streaming efficiency (How much, i don't rightfully know).
patches replace a lot of other files so it's not addition.
Ashaz: It's only 585mb in PC. But the patch takes f-in forever to apply itself for some reason. it should not take several hours to apply a patch that small.
Merranvo: The patch injects and removes code inside the center of the all the .archive fies. In the most probable case, this would require copying the entire file (these are 59GB of files) to a new place on the harddrive and deleting the old. The less space you have and the more fragmented that space is the longer the operation will take.

Ideally companies should be including a patch.archive instead of changing the original archive (so patch archives override files in the original archives), but that eats into streaming efficiency (How much, i don't rightfully know).
I've got 400 gig free on that drive. It's been sitting at 88% for 3 hours and haven't moved a single % in that time.
Restarting the entire computer fixed this for the day1 patch, but not so for thisone.
Merranvo: The patch injects and removes code inside the center of the all the .archive fies. In the most probable case, this would require copying the entire file (these are 59GB of files) to a new place on the harddrive and deleting the old. The less space you have and the more fragmented that space is the longer the operation will take.

Ashaz: I've got 400 gig free on that drive. It's been sitting at 88% for 3 hours and haven't moved a single % in that time.
Restarting the entire computer fixed this for the day1 patch, but not so for thisone.
Your point is what? Complaining that you don't understand the patching process isn't going to change that what the patching process is doing is what makes it slow. The size of the updates is meaningless, it's what the updates do that actually has meaning.