It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just to update the thread.

Yeah, it crashes after that cutscene in night city.

Running an i3 7100, 8GB, GTX 1660, nvme 512GB. So far, most games play nice on it, and even this one seems to play fine.

Tried with and without the GoG running.

vsync with 144hz set, using a gsync monitor even, res set to 1080 native. I have not customized the graphic settings in the game, it appears to play smooth enough as is.

But obviously I'm not the only one with it crashing in the same spots. I have also tried other life path choices, similar results to the rest of you here.

Just going to chalk it up to start up bloopers. They will either fix it or they won't. Reported the crashes.

Good luck to everyone.
so for me personally, updating win and gpu drivers worked, but i also disabled smartscreen in the process and isabled GOG overlay...i have also seen some dude manually allocating disk space for calculation, according to RAM

at this point there are a few of "fixes" u guys just have to be patient and try'em all...or wait for the patch ;/
DTMAce: Just to update the thread.

Running an i3 7100, 8GB, GTX 1660, nvme 512GB. So far, most games play nice on it, and even this one seems to play fine.

vsync with 144hz set, using a gsync monitor even, res set to 1080 native. I have not customized the graphic settings in the game, it appears to play smooth enough as is.

But obviously I'm not the only one with it crashing in the same spots. I have also tried other life path choices, similar results to the rest of you here.

Just going to chalk it up to start up bloopers. They will either fix it or they won't. Reported the crashes.

Good luck to everyone.
You have an I3-7100?!

That supports avx, does the game crash on corporate when you sit down in the chair?

And in the gang start when you leave the bar?

Please respond, this is important.

corazhor: I have the exact same problem - after completing the nomad start and arriving at night city, you get a nice cut scene of you and jackie doing some general stuff, then a loading screen and instant crash. I do get a brief glimpse of what appears to be the inside of a car, but thats it. I've updated graphics drivers, verified install, recreated my character from scratch, same exact problem.

Edit: i've turned off my overlay, tried again on the lowest graphic settings. Still crashes. Anyone have ideas?
Please post your cpu model.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by gabool
DTMAce: Just to update the thread.

Good luck to everyone.
gabool: You have an I3-7100?!

That supports avx, does the game crash on corporate when you sit down in the chair?

And in the gang start when you leave the bar?

Please respond, this is important.

corazhor: I have the exact same problem - after completing the nomad start and arriving at night city, you get a nice cut scene of you and jackie doing some general stuff, then a loading screen and instant crash. I do get a brief glimpse of what appears to be the inside of a car, but thats it. I've updated graphics drivers, verified install, recreated my character from scratch, same exact problem.

Edit: i've turned off my overlay, tried again on the lowest graphic settings. Still crashes. Anyone have ideas?
gabool: Please post your cpu model.
Yeah. But I don't think this has to do with the CPU itself. Just happens to be what I currently have. I have an older i7 I could test it on too if I have to. That one is a i7 2600k with 32GB and an Asus Strix 980, and 1TB of SSD. But Windows 7 still. :p

Tried changing some video settings, made it worse. Going to give it till the weekend, see if any updates hit, try again. Not too worried yet, I suggest some of you try not to get worked up over it yet.

Anyway, good luck.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by DTMAce
Hello all

Idk where I should post

First my specs

Asus Strix oc 970gtx
I-7 3820 cpu
standard HD non ssd
16gb ram
windows 7 64 bit

I first have ALL in game settings to OFF or LOW(est)

the frame rate is around 13 on avg
but thats not the main issue

I got to the ripperdoc mission and cant do anything past it
just keeps crashing no matter what I do or where I go

I have tried a clean install of the game, my os, driver gpu
allowing firewall access, borderless forced full screen forced
vsync on and off at 30 and 60

I really dont understand how some are getting crashes just randomly but not like I am
I was again able to play for a good 2hrs then crash
now its every time i load my game It crashes within about 3-5 minutes of getting to a next obj

any advice (im on steam but ive tried going through galaxy)
all overlays are disabled.

help??
danke
Just to follow up this post with an update:

Have updated the drivers from the 457.51 that I installed the day before the game, to the 460.79 that released just after the game launched. Also installed a patch 1.04 today.

Nothing has changed. I have been unable to play this game thus far past the startup portions. Essentially crashes out with either no error, or a flatlined message with the ability to report.

Have tried different life paths, no difference, other than they crash at a different point. I get the most out of Nomad, but then crash after they get to the city.

So.... Not sure what the problem is. I do hear crackles (like skips) in the audio at some points during play back. I think this is a performance issue though. While the minimum specs require an i5, that is an older i5 they are referencing. This one has a gen 7 i3. Might be an issue, going to look for a deal on an i5 or i7 processor (7th gen) that will fit the board while I'm at it.

Unplayable for me at the moment. System is minimal software wise, and even close down software I don't need. The only thing I can think of is the CPU or a memory issue, going to upgrade to 16GB see what that does. (currently 8, and even while monitoring the memory usage, I never see it spike past 6)
Video is a GTX 1660. (not Super, not TI)

Time will tell. Debating on firing up my older i7 and see if it will play on that! lol
I have asked for a refund from GOG already and instead recieved an email asking if I would accept store credit instead.
No, I want a regular refund to my VISA.

This was two days ago. Silence.
happystuffing: I have asked for a refund from GOG already and instead recieved an email asking if I would accept store credit instead.
No, I want a regular refund to my VISA.

This was two days ago. Silence.
To be fair, cash refunds take a little longer to organise and of course they're going to be less willing to part with their money I got a generic response as well, will wait and see what they do before I start assuming the worse.
Well, I have attempted to run the game on a completely different PC. Still will not work. In fact it won't even get through a character startup pick on the older machine.

Older system stats:

i7 2600k (mATX platform)
32GB DDR3 2400 (dual channel x 4 sticks of 8GB)
GTX 980
1TB Samsung SSD SATA based 850 Pro
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Newer system stats:
i3 7100 (ITX platform)
8GB DDR4 2400 (dual channel with 2 sticks of 4GB)
GTX 1660
512GB Silicon Power SSD nvme based
Windows 10 Home 20H2.

Both will not run the game. Latest video drivers were installed on both. (as of today the 15th)
Lowered video settings, tried various card settings, tried various system settings, both systems run minimal software, nothing is running or is shut down prior to game launch.

The game simply will not play. I am using the GOG launcher to start the game. I haven't tried installing the offline version yet as I would have to download it again I think.

Anything else that anyone wants to suggest, I'm all ears, outside of buying hardware. I know people are playing it on PC, but trying to figure out why it won't work here.

Thanks.

Keep in mind, these two computers can play literally any other game fine that I throw at them. I regularly play Overwatch the most, and until I built the newer machine it played perfectly on the older one and now on the newer one just as well. I only built the newer machine to run 10, as I still have some special software that won't run properly on 10, so I keep that on the older machine where it works. There was nothing wrong with that machine from a gaming aspect. lol
Post edited December 16, 2020 by DTMAce
DTMAce: Well, I have attempted to run the game on a completely different PC. Still will not work. In fact it won't even get through a character startup pick on the older machine.

Older system stats:

i7 2600k (mATX platform)
32GB DDR3 2400 (dual channel x 4 sticks of 8GB)
GTX 980
1TB Samsung SSD SATA based 850 Pro
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Newer system stats:
i3 7100 (ITX platform)
8GB DDR4 2400 (dual channel with 2 sticks of 4GB)
GTX 1660
512GB Silicon Power SSD nvme based
Windows 10 Home 20H2.

Both will not run the game. Latest video drivers were installed on both. (as of today the 15th)
Lowered video settings, tried various card settings, tried various system settings, both systems run minimal software, nothing is running or is shut down prior to game launch.

The game simply will not play. I am using the GOG launcher to start the game. I haven't tried installing the offline version yet as I would have to download it again I think.

Anything else that anyone wants to suggest, I'm all ears, outside of buying hardware. I know people are playing it on PC, but trying to figure out why it won't work here.

Thanks.

Keep in mind, these two computers can play literally any other game fine that I throw at them. I regularly play Overwatch the most, and until I built the newer machine it played perfectly on the older one and now on the newer one just as well. I only built the newer machine to run 10, as I still have some special software that won't run properly on 10, so I keep that on the older machine where it works. There was nothing wrong with that machine from a gaming aspect. lol
Your systems are nearly below spec. Both of them.
jon7882: Your systems are nearly below spec. Both of them.
Nearly. That said, even if I lower the settings, the game will not play and crashes out. No other game I play does this on either one.

The newer one could be improved with memory and a better CPU if I have to. But it should at least still play even with low settings.

I'm getting flatout crash with no message, or a flatlined message. Not even a hint as to what the problem is, hence all the guessing.

If I KNEW for certain that it was due to a specific reason, I can accept that. But two completely different systems, powerful in their own right and both have issues?

No.

More going on here than being near hardware minimums. I'm sure someone is running the game ok on LESS someplace out here.
No single crash here. Something strange happened in cafe with Takamura and Johhny though. but it recovered.
Cyberway: No single crash here. Something strange happened in cafe with Takamura and Johhny though. but it recovered.
I remember that part of the game. It was before I started falling through the floor.
jon7882: Your systems are nearly below spec. Both of them.
DTMAce: Nearly. That said, even if I lower the settings, the game will not play and crashes out. No other game I play does this on either one.

The newer one could be improved with memory and a better CPU if I have to. But it should at least still play even with low settings.

I'm getting flatout crash with no message, or a flatlined message. Not even a hint as to what the problem is, hence all the guessing.

If I KNEW for certain that it was due to a specific reason, I can accept that. But two completely different systems, powerful in their own right and both have issues?

No.

More going on here than being near hardware minimums. I'm sure someone is running the game ok on LESS someplace out here.
Cyberpunk us a resource hungry game and your new system is using a dual core which definitely isn't good. A quad core is the least you can use to run a game like this.
datguyQuincy: Cyberpunk us a resource hungry game and your new system is using a dual core which definitely isn't good. A quad core is the least you can use to run a game like this.
True enough.

Surprisingly, after patch 1.05, I was finally able to get past the introductory portions leading to Night City as of early this morning after downloading the 9GB patch.

I have put in for a refund as of Friday since I couldn't play it at all, however at least it seems to be letting me play it at the moment whereas before all it would do is crash out of the game.

All that said, my system seems to play it smooth enough, despite the hardware it has.

So...

We will see?

I don't mind giving something a chance, but with all that was going on I didn't want to get burnt either.

I remember something about the game changing how it uses AVX? My processor shows that it supports AVX2, but not sure if whatever surrounded that was affecting me, however it sounded like it was something they addressed and it was supposed to fix those that were having trouble getting past certain startup points like I was.
Post edited December 21, 2020 by DTMAce