It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just wanted to post about it is all. Things happen.

Nomad start, got clear to the city up to finding the "pet". (save point 7 and trying to be thoughtful about spoilers) But finishing that section brings on a crash every time. Till that point though, the game seemed to play fine. Got a Flatlined error. lol

So....

Just a heads up.
I promise you you're not alone, I did everything to double check that I wasn't being an idiot. I thought that my computer was just not going to be able to handle streaming it so I set everything to lowest settings just to be safe, crashed every time as I went through the game for a few seconds. I then turned off OBS entirely and double checked with low settings to see if my PC was just being iffy and the same results.

Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 2600
RX 590
16GB RAM

I'm being polite as I possibly can given this is an official forum but this better not turn into a damage control session before everyone decides they've had enough and demand refunds. I went to quite extreme lengths to give this game a fair shake since I was looking forward to it so much and I didn't even watch many gameplay videos or any leaks etc. so I wouldn't be so biased with my expectations.

Even though I was hopeful because it being CD Projekt Red and they had done so well with the Witcher 3 I suspect this was the result of higher ups wanting to rush this in time for Christmas. I'd love to play this towards Christmas and just generally be entertained through December but at this rate because of how bad launch was I'm considering asking for a refund.

Are you going to tell me that no one in the company had access to a mid-range desktop PC they could just load up cyberpunk on and test if it works? How the hell did this get past QA testing? If you want to maintain credibility by the way staff don't go locking threads or banning people because people are rightly going to be pissed off about this.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by 1Lethn1
@DTMAce

On another thread they suggested disabling the GOG Galaxy overlay if you have that running, see if it works for you.
DTMAce: Just wanted to post about it is all. Things happen.

Nomad start, got clear to the city up to finding the "pet". (save point 7 and trying to be thoughtful about spoilers) But finishing that section brings on a crash every time. Till that point though, the game seemed to play fine. Got a Flatlined error. lol

So....

Just a heads up.
Lucky you, I created my character(street kid) and after I started the game my PC freeze. I need to reboot it, I am not angry, only disappointed.

[EDIT] It was the fucking Vsync that cause the crashes. Try use the vsync as same hz(in my case is 144hz) of your monitor+windored mode
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Tony064
Yep this was a result of them not bothering to test things properly otherwise I wouldn't have been bothered about a few bugs or graphical glitches.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by 1Lethn1

So....

Just a heads up.
I am having the exact same issue. I hope they fix this quickly. I've been waiting to play this game for a long time.

So....

Just a heads up.
Darkside2442: I am having the exact same issue. I hope they fix this quickly. I've been waiting to play this game for a long time.
I think I'm encountering the same issue, does the game crash when you look over the item?
Darkside2442: I am having the exact same issue. I hope they fix this quickly. I've been waiting to play this game for a long time.
joacovo: I think I'm encountering the same issue, does the game crash when you look over the item?
It crashes right after you see the video of V and Jackie doing stuff in night City. Once that cut seen is over the game"flatlines"
I'm sorry guys, I have exactly the same problem. The game ran fairly nice for 2 and a half hours, now it keeps crashing on me whenever I load the last autosave. Last time I tried I saw major graphical glitches, then it exits to the desktop.

I really hope that they can fix these issues quickly. It's a pity, the game was awesome so far.
I have the exact same problem - after completing the nomad start and arriving at night city, you get a nice cut scene of you and jackie doing some general stuff, then a loading screen and instant crash. I do get a brief glimpse of what appears to be the inside of a car, but thats it. I've updated graphics drivers, verified install, recreated my character from scratch, same exact problem.

Edit: i've turned off my overlay, tried again on the lowest graphic settings. Still crashes. Anyone have ideas?
Post edited December 10, 2020 by corazhor
corazhor: I have the exact same problem - after completing the nomad start and arriving at night city, you get a nice cut scene of you and jackie doing some general stuff, then a loading screen and instant crash. I do get a brief glimpse of what appears to be the inside of a car, but thats it. I've updated graphics drivers, verified install, recreated my character from scratch, same exact problem.

Edit: i've turned off my overlay, tried again on the lowest graphic settings. Still crashes. Anyone have ideas?
Right there with you man. It sucks. Might have to start with a different life path. Or maybe they will fix it fast
Darkside2442: Right there with you man. It sucks. Might have to start with a different life path. Or maybe they will fix it fast
not sure if a different life path will fix it. I *think* the crash right as we finish the life path intro sequence, so i would expect it to happen with the other paths as well. Still worth testing though, let me know if a different life path works for ya.
Heard many couldn’t even get into game snd I was able to do that! Then heard people crashing after character creator so I made random one and fired up game and worked fine but I haven’t played more than 1 minute into new game so too early to tell!

I will tell you guys this, make sure you have all saved files under same hard drive as I know some tried installing to regular hhd after their ssd was full! Not saying this will fix issues but make sure their all together on same hard drive...

Also, I know it’s frustrating for all of us I’ve been waiting for two long months since I heard about this game’. Kidding been waiting about 8 years like many of you but let me tell you this will be fixed with another patch ASAP! Trust me if you selected to have your errors sent to CDPR (which wouldn’t hurt). They will see all these and get them fixed!

Going to try and play tomorrow after work!

Good luck all!
I'm seeing a repeatable crash.

Start as Nomad
Get through the initial task with Jackie
Night City cutscene
You're in a car, it seems, and the game crashes. EVERY TIME.

WTF.

I tried disabling the overlay, reducing my graphics settings to minimum, updating to the 460.79 nvidia drivers, verifying the install - nothing works. Tried switching beetween windowed, fullscreen, didn't help.
well we all seem to have the same problem, and we all started as nomad. I'm gonna try street samurai, if someone else wants to try corporate life path, see if we can at least get to playing the game while we wait for a real fix.

Edit:

Street Kid lifepath crashes when leaving the bar. I'm thinking the common problem is night city now.

Edit2:

corpo life path crashes at sitting in the chair in the office. At least this ones different enough that i'm no longer certain just 'night city exterior' is the problem.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by corazhor