It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I remember playing witcher 2 and it was a better RPG.

In witcher 2 choises matter and really changed the game(Roach/yorvith path)

Better romance/fling/s3x scenes

Smaller yet more flushed world.

Much better story, and again choises mattered and influanced the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omyoJ7onNrg&t=354s
Witcher 2 is on my virtually infinite games backlog. I’ve got to be honest it is quite far down the pecking order as I’ve heard mixed things about it. Got it in a sale nearly 2 years ago now.

How strong are the RP elements, in the context of say Fallout New Vegas or Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Is it a true open world or more of a GTA/CP on-rails affair?
Post edited February 03, 2021 by Omarios
V0id94: I remember playing witcher 2 and it was a better RPG.

The choice that really mattered in the game was if you continue with Roche or join squirrels. After that you had completely different Act 2 for each path and slightly different Act 3. Once you made that decision you've got your fate sealed and was on the similar rails as within any other Witcher or CP2077 game. While it was really fun and interesting approach if you take both paths you would get similar game time to the first Witcher (if you complete one path load the game from the place you need to make a decision and replay rest of the game, now combine the time for this and you would endup with similar to W1 time). The sidequests for the majority of the time were still the same stupid "go and kill 80 harpies" and then sell the stuff to some lunatic (there were a whole bunch of similar quests, except that one b/c of it's ending is really stuck in my mind). There were few a bit better like dealing with bridge troll or finding another troll's wife, but overall quest quality was a similar to the gig level in CP2077 or at the best some of the worst sidequests in CP2077 and definitely worse than sidequests in W3 and majority of the contracts in W3. On the overall world was on the similar level as here (except cars/horses were not raining from the sky) however I must admin crossing the battlefield and the mission in the battlefield was quite impressive more due to atmosphere. My biggest gripe with W2 though was stupid QTE that was everywhere from fist fights to boss fights -- this is the reason I replayed the game only once b/c I hate QTE with passion.
What is R-P-G genre nowdays:
- perks that alters or customizing your character
- choices in story that can determine or change gameplay
- opportunity to play role or character so game world would react on player's roleplaying accordingly
- name yours?

i suppose that atm term rpg is so vague that everyone can assume everything when speaking about rpg

OT: some words from CD Project Red stuff
Cyberpunk 2077 will be a true RPG. There will be choices and consequences, character development, dialogues and many other features that define the genre. Don't worry!
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/rpg-is-excluded-from-game-description.11007682/
For us RPG means that it's not just telling a story, but letting players be a part of it. It's about character development and freedom of choice - making tough decisions and facing their consequences. It's everything you'd know from our previous games and more - since Cyberpunk allows us to explore entirely different setting and give you more freedom regarding customizing your character.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/rpg-is-excluded-from-game-description.11007682/page-2#post-11565631
Post edited February 03, 2021 by franky-boy
franky-boy: What is R-P-G genre nowdays:
- perks that alters or customizing your character
- choices in story that can determine or change gameplay
- opportunity to play role or character so game world would react on player's roleplaying accordingly
- name yours?

i suppose that atm term rpg is so vague that everyone can assume everything when speaking about rpg

OT: some words from CD Project Red stuff
Cyberpunk 2077 will be a true RPG. There will be choices and consequences, character development, dialogues and many other features that define the genre. Don't worry!
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/rpg-is-excluded-from-game-description.11007682/
For us RPG means that it's not just telling a story, but letting players be a part of it. It's about character development and freedom of choice - making tough decisions and facing their consequences. It's everything you'd know from our previous games and more - since Cyberpunk allows us to explore entirely different setting and give you more freedom regarding customizing your character.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/rpg-is-excluded-from-game-description.11007682/page-2#post-11565631
cyberpunk fails as an rpg and as a open world
V0id94: cyberpunk fails as an rpg and as a open world
in what cyberpunk fails as rpg?
V0id94: cyberpunk fails as an rpg and as a open world
franky-boy: in what cyberpunk fails as rpg?
Judging from the screams like "It's a shooter!" and "it's GTA and not le epic RPG!" you can see posted all over this forum, Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG because it has guns.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG, even on Twitter they changed the description before launch, I think most consumers already accepted this... not the fanboys for sure.

The Crowbcat video summarizes all the shit perfectly, you don´t need to play 300 hours to get certified that there is no depth as promoted years ago. I have the game sleeping here, receiving updates, because to each update, we get more bugs, that requires more updates, so the ideal window is 2022.

I am not going to refund, what is done its done, the same type of attitude Marcin Howard used on that video, say sorry and give no fucks all together, Shaggy is a liar.

But, the RPG and most of that world they promoted for so long, all gone, the multiplayer is coming at full speed after the DLCs and the new consoles watever update.

FTSO: Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG, even on Twitter they changed the description before launch, I think most consumers already accepted this... not the fanboys for sure.

The Crowbcat video summarizes all the shit perfectly, you don´t need to play 300 hours to get certified that there is no depth as promoted years ago. I have the game sleeping here, receiving updates, because to each update, we get more bugs, that requires more updates, so the ideal window is 2022.

I am not going to refund, what is done its done, the same type of attitude Marcin Howard used on that video, say sorry and give no fucks all together, Shaggy is a liar.

But, the RPG and most of that world they promoted for so long, all gone, the multiplayer is coming at full speed after the DLCs and the new consoles watever update.
Utterly baffling why you would not have claimed a refund on this. I don’t understand what stops you getting your money back on a product that you feel was completely mis-sold (and I happen to agree with you on that)
franky-boy: in what cyberpunk fails as rpg?
XYCat: Judging from the screams like "It's a shooter!" and "it's GTA and not le epic RPG!" you can see posted all over this forum, Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG because it has guns.
butbutbut guns are letting players be PART OF STORY... it is soo rpgish :O why people don't want to understand it? :-\
franky-boy: i suppose that atm term rpg is so vague that everyone can assume everything when speaking about rpg
Yeah, RPG can have for example character development. Which usually means some sort of perk system. Therefore, strictly speaking, any game with a perk system is an RPG. This means that technically, DOOM Eternal is an RPG since you can customise your weapon and suit upgrades.

Therefore Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG.

So it is quite important to define what we mean by RPG.

But I would have wished more RPG elements in the story. More hard choices that affect Night City in significant and visible ways. For example the politics story arc with the mayor elections, there could be some new thing coming (a new implant or drug or what have you) and that is either going to be made illegal or approved after the mayoral elections and your choices tip the scales on this one. It could start with some NPCs exhibiting this new behaviour, but after the player has guided the criminalisation/legalisation of this, it either becomes very commonplace (for better or worse) or it will be eradicated and the random police shootouts would have criminals using the whatever trait it was that was made illegal. These kind of things were completely missing.
FTSO: Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG, even on Twitter they changed the description before launch, I think most consumers already accepted this... not the fanboys for sure.

Omarios: Utterly baffling why you would not have claimed a refund on this. I don’t understand what stops you getting your money back on a product that you feel was completely mis-sold (and I happen to agree with you on that)
I want to see and use the very final results of this product till 2022, already have consume 91 hours before my stop. Let's see if I put CDPR with EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, etc, to never more give to them the benefit of doubt.

I think in time, my consume of games are going to stagnate, at least when it comes to this triple ass industry.
franky-boy: i suppose that atm term rpg is so vague that everyone can assume everything when speaking about rpg
frogthroat: Yeah, RPG can have for example character development. Which usually means some sort of perk system. Therefore, strictly speaking, any game with a perk system is an RPG. This means that technically, DOOM Eternal is an RPG since you can customise your weapon and suit upgrades.

Therefore Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG.

So it is quite important to define what we mean by RPG.

But I would have wished more RPG elements in the story. More hard choices that affect Night City in significant and visible ways. For example the politics story arc with the mayor elections, there could be some new thing coming (a new implant or drug or what have you) and that is either going to be made illegal or approved after the mayoral elections and your choices tip the scales on this one. It could start with some NPCs exhibiting this new behaviour, but after the player has guided the criminalisation/legalisation of this, it either becomes very commonplace (for better or worse) or it will be eradicated and the random police shootouts would have criminals using the whatever trait it was that was made illegal. These kind of things were completely missing.
Cool, but maybe you missed the fact that the main character is not le epic heroic chosen one?
XYCat: Cool, but maybe you missed the fact that the main character is not le epic heroic chosen one?
And where are the dragons? How can you have an RPG without dragons?! Come on, is it too much to ask to throw in Aden or Lofwyr or something?
XYCat: Cool, but maybe you missed the fact that the main character is not le epic heroic chosen one?
frogthroat: And where are the dragons? How can you have an RPG without dragons?! Come on, is it too much to ask to throw in Aden or Lofwyr or something?
We may not be The Chosen One or the Lone Wanderer, but we are The Only Thing They Fear Is "V".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PIGPxPNRI

Let´s says the Dragons are the Arasaka and the Wabbajack is Johnny Silverhand. X)

The soundtrack of the game is amazing, the radio is more of a "Grammy" when it come to style, tastes may vary, but most of ambience and music are great.
Post edited February 05, 2021 by user deleted