It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Just one question before buying, I don't play The Witcher games so I don't know about CD Projekt games style

Will this game be a console first, lazy PC port last?

By "console first, lazy PC port last" I mean one or many of the following questions:

Will I require several NVLink GeForce RTX 3080/4080 Ti to barely reach 30 FPS at 1080p before all of them melting down?

Will my PC game be intentionally dumbed down, or software-capped in order to keep it from being superior to the consoles version?

Will the game be played for me, instead of by me (i.e. auto-aiming, "press F to pay respects" quicktime events...)

Will I be able to aim just with the mouse with no input lag and no drag-down effect (i.e. like in Max Payne 1 and 2 which are real PC games, UNLIKE Max Payne 3 which is a badly tossed console port)?

Will I have to stick to a wall/cover for healing or recovering proper vision?

Will it be almost unplayable without a gamepad?

Will I have to spend hours trying to set the controlls for a keyboard+mouse instead of a gamepad?

Will I have to "press X to start game" after a long unskippable cinematic intro?

Will I be able to use the scroll up/down mouse slider?

Will the menus and fonts be unnecessarily big, utterly humongous, designed to be seen from a couch meters away from a 115" TV with horrible colours?

Will I be able to save the game whenever I want to, or just in some pre-designed checkpoints, because the developers know better than me when and where I should save the game?

Will I be constantly reminded I shouldn't power off my PC while the game is being saved?

Will I be able to save as many games as I want to, and not a fixed amount like 8 slots which I can't name? Or even saving more than one game?

Will I have to manually raise the pre-set FOV from 70 to something not inducing seizure/nausea/just plain annoyingness?

Will I be constantly shamed in-game for not playing this game co-op mode with dudebros, in a couch while drinking one too many cheap beers and doing "Did you see that ludicrous display last night?" remarks on the last Nineteenth Century/Early Twenty Century sports match?

I can put up with a "good" PC port (i.e. GTA V, Watch Dogs) but I can't with a bad one (i.e. Max Payne 3, Saint Row 2 with no Gentlemen of the Club mod)
nadezdha: Just one question before buying, I don't play The Witcher games so I don't know about CD Projekt games style
Go read some reviews at least. The rest of what you want to know will fall into place after.

The grand mayority of your questions cannot be answered without access to the actual game, and CDPR is certainly not going to come here to answer you.
nadezdha: Just one question before buying, I don't play The Witcher games so I don't know about CD Projekt games style
Links: Go read some reviews at least. The rest of what you want to know will fall into place after.

The grand mayority of your questions cannot be answered without access to the actual game, and CDPR is certainly not going to come here to answer you.
So I need to wait almost 1 year for future third-party reviews, currently non-existing, in order to buy a game which is currently in pre-order, a game I'm willing to buy IF it's a proper PC game, instead of getting an answer by the developer. By the developer in their own web page, in their own forum.

If I can't ask the developer in their own forum, about a pre-order game 1 year in advance, a question they already know the answer... Where exactly should I ask them? Twitter? Facebook? Reddit? Mobile Twitter? Snapchat?
nadezdha: So I need to wait almost 1 year for future third-party reviews, currently non-existing, in order to buy a game which is currently in pre-order, a game I'm willing to buy IF it's a proper PC game, instead of getting an answer by the developer. By the developer in their own web page, in their own forum.
Did you not see the part I quoted from your post? WITCHER reviews. Take the attitude three notches down dude

By "console first, lazy PC port last" I mean one or many of the following questions:

Will I require several NVLink GeForce RTX 3080/4080 Ti to barely reach 30 FPS at 1080p before all of them melting down?

Will my PC game be intentionally dumbed down, or software-capped in order to keep it from being superior to the consoles version?

Will the game be played for me, instead of by me (i.e. auto-aiming, "press F to pay respects" quicktime events...)

Will I be able to aim just with the mouse with no input lag and no drag-down effect (i.e. like in Max Payne 1 and 2 which are real PC games, UNLIKE Max Payne 3 which is a badly tossed console port)?

Will I have to spend hours trying to set the controlls for a keyboard+mouse instead of a gamepad?

Will I have to "press X to start game" after a long unskippable cinematic intro?

Will the menus and fonts be unnecessarily big, utterly humongous, designed to be seen from a couch meters away from a 115" TV with horrible colours?

Will I be able to save the game whenever I want to, or just in some pre-designed checkpoints, because the developers know better than me when and where I should save the game?

Will I be constantly reminded I shouldn't power off my PC while the game is being saved?

Will I be able to save as many games as I want to, and not a fixed amount like 8 slots which I can't name? Or even saving more than one game?

Will I have to manually raise the pre-set FOV from 70 to something not inducing seizure/nausea/just plain annoyingness?

Will I be constantly shamed in-game for not playing this game co-op mode with dudebros, in a couch while drinking one too many cheap beers and doing "Did you see that ludicrous display last night?" remarks on the last Nineteenth Century/Early Twenty Century sports match?

I can put up with a "good" PC port (i.e. GTA V, Watch Dogs) but I can't with a bad one (i.e. Max Payne 3, Saint Row 2 with no Gentlemen of the Club mod)
Honestly you have way too much questions to be answered by a random fan BUT I believe you are right to be curious as a potential customer. I know CD projekt will deliver an amazing game since the witcher games were gold but if you are that much suspecious wait for 10 months for reviews. It is what it is with pre orders stuff.
Going by CDPR's track record I'd tend to say no. It's most probably still the PC build that gets ported to the consoles, not the other way around.
There have been "concessions" (a.k.a. graphical downgrades for parity most likely) in the past though, so that's a thing to be wary of and keep an eye out for. If you don't like what you see you can always cancel your preorder.
EyrSl4yer02: Honestly you have way too much questions to be answered by a random fan BUT I believe you are right to be curious as a potential customer. I know CD projekt will deliver an amazing game since the witcher games were gold but if you are that much suspecious wait for 10 months for reviews. It is what it is with pre orders stuff.
Swedrami: Going by CDPR's track record I'd tend to say no. It's most probably still the PC build that gets ported to the consoles, not the other way around.
There have been "concessions" (a.k.a. graphical downgrades for parity most likely) in the past though, so that's a thing to be wary of and keep an eye out for. If you don't like what you see you can always cancel your preorder.
Thank you very much. I have never cancelled a game because when I buy a game, I usually know almost exactly what I'm buying, that's the reason I would like to hear from the devs or long time The Witcher gamers first.

Devs have previously addressed this before launching, like Gearbox did with Borderlands (they lied though, they promised a PC experience but it was just a standard bad console port to PC).
If it helps, for Witcher 3, they did all three platforms in house. With PC being the lead platform.

https://youtu.be/fihCd2M9ZwM?t=335

Genuine concerns. I think I trust CDPR/GOG though. I know they wont make us feel like we got let down. They're great :D

PC will be the primary platform, already stated waaaay back and very obvious, due to the tech being used and the fidelity of the graphics. Consoles will get a dumbed down version. PC will get the definitive version.
Swedrami: Going by CDPR's track record I'd tend to say no. It's most probably still the PC build that gets ported to the consoles, not the other way around.
Well, though i have to add, that's not neccessary the Console Fault. Yeah i know this PC-Master-Race nonsense of "Konsoles slow down PC Gaming"; but the Fact is, the PC Community itself slow them down, due the huge Majority of Gamers have low end up to max. midrange PC, heck most likely the low end pc users a worse hardware than Console. And yes now comes the "Setting" Argument, but it still for such an wide range of horsepower that would take alot of ressources and time for optimizing that, so modern Devs tend to go rather with focusing on Midrange and such... and High-End User can profit thanks to that with 120fps and / or 4K Resolution...

And in case of Witcher 3, yeah the E3 reveal looked overall better(though mostly based on the shader) but i'd say at the time the Game was revealed only a small part of the Game was finished, and with the huge world in the end they couldn't keep up with the quality and insanely to optimize.

#Topic:
Well if you look at "Witcher 3" it's rather the opposite. What i experience the Console-Version was rather unoptimized, not the worst, but if i compare how well the game is optimized on PC that even my 770gtx and old cpu could run the Game on mixed High / Ultra Settings and run mostly with stable 50FPS(yeah i could do a bit finetuning for 60 fps but i don't really care) but with worse graphics hardly can keep up on the normal Xbox / PS4 the 30FPS, and than compare that to the visuals of Odyssey which runs overall pretty smooth but also looks better visually on console compared to TW3 but my PC can't handle that game even at 720p and lowest settings.

Menu / UI was fine by both and even tweaked it later on so it was / is even better. If we talk about the Controls, i'd say it's a bit harder to say, du i'd go as far and claim that Gamepad-Controls overall feels more Natural; but only thanks to it's 3rd Person Gameplay where Gamepad in general feels more natural / better. But the PC Controls i still found amazing and when i play Witcher 3 on PC(have three copys PC, PS4 and Xbox) than i often tend to play with M&K...

So i'd say if they keep up with it @Cyberpunk, than we will get rather great PC Version(though i will buy it first on ps4) and surely as leadplattform, and the "Mouse Keyboards" due the Ego-Shooter Nature will feels more natural anyway.

Go watch Witcher 1, 2 and 3 reviews on You Tube and search for "CDPR" and see what people say about the company. That should answer all your questions. It will mean you will have to do some research, but I guess your part of the lazy "me me me" generation.

All of your questions could be answered by a few seconds of googling.

-CDPR was a PC developer
-they have always been a PC developer
-Consoles get the port
-It's been that way with CDPR forever
-At one point CDPR was PC exclusive

Try google next time dawg. Stop being lazy.

/thread
To the two pretentious kids:

I started playing videogames when a "port" meant Atari 2600 to Apple II, or Amiga to IBM. Games were usually released in more than 5 platforms combined as years passed. I was a long time veteran by the time Micro$oft and €A kidnapped PC game development for their shitty underpowered so called console in the early 2000's, they almost killed PC games altogether.

It is from the experience of decades that I know there is no guarantee a dev will keep developing games as before, you need to have a very deep knowledge of said dev and videogames, and even then there can always be surprises.

If you were so shortsighted, in 2004-2005 you would have been sure Gears of Wars was going to be a PC game only or at least PC game first and then ported to consoles. Or Max Payne 3 a PC game like 1 and 2 were, or Alan Wake being released day 1 for PC without the dev threatened by M$ for porting it to PC several years later etc...

But you were probably underaged or not even born back then (the ones "accusing" me of been too young hahaha), so you don't know a thing and worse than that, you think you know more than anyone else when you know absolutely nothing.

I asked about a knowledge of CDPR as a dev, that you can only know from years of the experience you obviously aren't even remotely close to be able to grasp there can exist if you think 5 seconds of a Youtube "Let's play" is going to give that kind of insight.

So go to Twitter and let this thread for gamers without a head full of straw.
nadezdha: To the two pretentious kids:

I started playing videogames when a "port" meant Atari 2600 to Apple II, or Amiga to IBM. Games were usually released in more than 5 platforms combined as years passed. I was a long time veteran by the time Micro$oft and €A kidnapped PC game development for their shitty underpowered so called console in the early 2000's, they almost killed PC games altogether.

It is from the experience of decades that I know there is no guarantee a dev will keep developing games as before, you need to have a very deep knowledge of said dev and videogames, and even then there can always be surprises.

If you were so shortsighted, in 2004-2005 you would have been sure Gears of Wars was going to be a PC game only or at least PC game first and then ported to consoles. Or Max Payne 3 a PC game like 1 and 2 were, or Alan Wake being released day 1 for PC without the dev threatened by M$ for porting it to PC several years later etc...

But you were probably underaged or not even born back then (the ones "accusing" me of been too young hahaha), so you don't know a thing and worse than that, you think you know more than anyone else when you know absolutely nothing.

I asked about a knowledge of CDPR as a dev, that you can only know from years of the experience you obviously aren't even remotely close to be able to grasp there can exist if you think 5 seconds of a Youtube "Let's play" is going to give that kind of insight.

So go to Twitter and let this thread for gamers without a head full of straw.
ok