It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I know they'd had some setbacks lately.
I'm still hoping they get one out, cause I'm still getting CTD's.

What you guys think?
I doubt this week. Ctds could be caused by your setup however. I haven't had any ctds. Are you on win7 or using any mods?
jon7882: I doubt this week. Ctds could be caused by your setup however. I haven't had any ctds. Are you on win7 or using any mods?
I'm on win7.
No mods.
Done all the stuff that I can, including full driver wipe and reinstall, clean boot.

It's on them to fix it.
low rated
jon7882: I doubt this week. Ctds could be caused by your setup however. I haven't had any ctds. Are you on win7 or using any mods?
ast486: I'm on win7.
No mods.
Done all the stuff that I can, including full driver wipe and reinstall, clean boot.

It's on them to fix it.
How about it's on you to finally upgrade to Win10, since Win7 stopped being supported a long time ago:)
high rated
No mods.

It's on them to fix it.
pianoman.503: How about it's on you to finally upgrade to Win10, since Win7 stopped being supported a long time ago:)
According to the official system requirements on GOG, the games requirements include: "System:
Windows 7 or 10 (64-bit)"
So "pianoman.503" perhaps you can assist this guy with some ideas, instead of seeking out opportunities to act self-righteous and throw your ugliness in someone else's face? Maybe some help, like actual help for another gamer out there?

I wonder if (ast486) you have the 64bit version of Win7, and also meet all of the other minimum requirements? Are you CTD at the same place/spot in the game every time, or always after a certain amount fo time or something like that?
pianoman.503: How about it's on you to finally upgrade to Win10, since Win7 stopped being supported a long time ago:)
GorgieGAWG: According to the official system requirements on GOG, the games requirements include: "System:
So "pianoman.503" perhaps you can assist this guy with some ideas, instead of seeking out opportunities to act self-righteous and throw your ugliness in someone else's face? Maybe some help, like actual help for another gamer out there?

I wonder if (ast486) you have the 64bit version of Win7, and also meet all of the other minimum requirements? Are you CTD at the same place/spot in the game every time, or always after a certain amount fo time or something like that?
I'm on the 64 bit version.
Only thing on my end that's a bit slow is I'm using a 7200rpm HDD
The crashes are totally random... sometimes it plays for hours with no problems; sometimes crashes right after I load in.
No ryhme or reason that I can see.

While I appreciate the attempts to help, it's nothing on my end.... just hoping they get another patch out.
Even if it's just bugfixes, I'd be happy to have one. :-)
GorgieGAWG: According to the official system requirements on GOG, the games requirements include: "System:

ast486: I'm on the 64 bit version.
The crashes are totally random... sometimes it plays for hours with no problems; sometimes crashes right after I load in.

While I appreciate the attempts to help, it's nothing on my end.... just hoping they get another patch out.
I apologize for lashing out, ast486, and it is true that the game's system requirements do mention Win7 in its compatibility list, although I wouldn't put too much trust in that, since game companies in general include the lowest common denominator, in order to not alienate users with older and slower computer specs.

That said, I have a few ideas that may or may not help; are you up to date on your chipset and video card drivers, and that your motherboard is updated with the latest stable BIOS? How old is your video card? I assume that your Win7 patching is all up to date? Also, when was the last time that you installed the current version of your OS? Sometimes older installs do have a weird way of getting registry corruptions, from the remnants of older drivers. Finally, you could try different versions of video card drivers, to see if that helps out with CTDs. I hope that helps, and of course, we all want CD Projekt to come out with a new patch:)
Post edited February 23, 2021 by pianoman.503
ast486: I know they'd had some setbacks lately.

What you guys think?
I do prefer they come back in August with the DLCs already tested using some sort of 1.5 or 2.0 build, plus any hotfix necessary, etc. This is not the most profitable strategy, especially with the user base getting smaller, but for me is better they do not rush, if this make any sense now.

I do not have CTDs since launch, not going to list the state of any other unusual thing I saw during the gameplay, tired of this, but I am not using Windows 7.

it's because of the Win 7? no clue... they need to improve a lot of things, like, a lot.
Post edited February 24, 2021 by user deleted
ast486: I know they'd had some setbacks lately.

What you guys think?
FTSO: I do prefer they come back in August with the DLCs already tested using some sort of 1.5 or 2.0 build, plus any hotfixe necessary, etc. This is not the most profitable strategy, especially with the user base getting smaller, but for me is better they do not rush, if this make any sense now.

I do not have CTDs since launch, not going to list the state of any other unusual thing I saw during the gameplay, tired of this, but I am not using Windows 7.

it's because of the Win 7? no clue... they need to improve a lot of things, like, a lot.
I'm not saying they should rush; I do want the CTD's fixed MUCH sooner then august though. lol
ast486: I'm on the 64 bit version.

pianoman.503: I apologize for lashing out, ast486, and it is true that the game's system requirements do mention Win7 in its compatibility list, although I wouldn't put too much trust in that, since game companies in general include the lowest common denominator, in order to not alienate users with older and slower computer specs.

That said, I have a few ideas that may or may not help; are you up to date on your chipset and video card drivers, and that your motherboard is updated with the latest stable BIOS? How old is your video card? I assume that your Win7 patching is all up to date? Also, when was the last time that you installed the current version of your OS? Sometimes older installs do have a weird way of getting registry corruptions, from the remnants of older drivers. Finally, you could try different versions of video card drivers, to see if that helps out with CTDs. I hope that helps, and of course, we all want CD Projekt to come out with a new patch:)
Thanks; I appreciate the apology.

This install is only two years old and I updated the grahpics driver twice since doing the install of 2077.
Also updated bios recently and the only thing not default is the memory factory overclock... XMS I think it's called.
Chipset and stuff is the newest ones on the manufacturer website as of when 2077 came out or around there.

My video card is a 2070s, which I bought just last year.

yeah here's hoping there is a patch soon!
FTSO: I do prefer they come back in August with the DLCs already tested using some sort of 1.5 or 2.0 build, plus any hotfixe necessary, etc. This is not the most profitable strategy, especially with the user base getting smaller, but for me is better they do not rush, if this make any sense now.

ast486: I'm not saying they should rush; I do want the CTD's fixed MUCH sooner then august though. lol
pianoman.503: I apologize for lashing out, ast486, and it is true that the game's system requirements do mention Win7 in its compatibility list, although I wouldn't put too much trust in that, since game companies in general include the lowest common denominator, in order to not alienate users with older and slower computer specs.

ast486: Thanks; I appreciate the apology.

This install is only two years old and I updated the grahpics driver twice since doing the install of 2077.
Also updated bios recently and the only thing not default is the memory factory overclock... XMS I think it's called.
Chipset and stuff is the newest ones on the manufacturer website as of when 2077 came out or around there.

I know, anyone invested in a product wants to enjoy whatever is there. ;)
23 February 2021 – 18:14:21 UTC there is new testing branch with name cdpr_internal_qa.
according to steamdb (https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/depots/)

so, are we gonna have new patch soon? :D
franky-boy: 23 February 2021 – 18:14:21 UTC there is new testing branch with name cdpr_internal_qa.

I was going to ask the same. lol
I'd love some new side-quests, modding support, etc., but understand CDPR has been a bit distracted. :-(

FWIW, I am 150+ hours in, and haven't had a single CTD in all that time. Windows 10, 24GB DRAM, game installed to SSD.
No mods.

It's on them to fix it.
It's likely a Win 7 issue. Yes the system specs mention Win 7 but imo they shouldn't. It just doesn't work on older hardware/systems and OS.
ast486: I'm not saying they should rush; I do want the CTD's fixed MUCH sooner then august though. lol

Thanks; I appreciate the apology.

FTSO: I know, anyone invested in a product wants to enjoy whatever is there. ;)
I am indeed invested. :-)
franky-boy: 23 February 2021 – 18:14:21 UTC there is new testing branch with name cdpr_internal_qa.

Nice.
Thanks for the link!
dylanmc: I'd love some new side-quests, modding support, etc., but understand CDPR has been a bit distracted. :-(

FWIW, I am 150+ hours in, and haven't had a single CTD in all that time. Windows 10, 24GB DRAM, game installed to SSD.
I think all the content stuff is going to come at least a few months after the CTD stuff gets fixed.
I am curious to see what they do with that too.

It's kind of odd how one person has tons of crashes and another on the same setup has none. :-o
No mods.

It's on them to fix it.
jon7882: It's likely a Win 7 issue. Yes the system specs mention Win 7 but imo they shouldn't. It just doesn't work on older hardware/systems and OS.
Nope. Not just a win7 issue.

Ya see there were tons of people both on 7 and 10 having the same problems.
If you look through the posts from when the game came out till around the end of December, you can see that.

I think there's a memory leak... or as someone put it a memory implementation problem.
Post edited February 24, 2021 by ast486