It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,
I cannot understand it, the game is owned by GOG, why put the exclusive mission in Steam and not here, what is the reason, whats the catch?
I would buy in Steam but because the region pricing in Steam, had to buy cheaper at GOG here.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Zeev
Zeev: Hi,
I cannot understand it, the game is owned by GOG, why put the exclusive mission in Steam and not here, what is the reason, whats the catch?
I would buy in Steam but because the region pricing in Steam, had to buy cheaper at GOG here.
There is no exclusive mission, its a short story

As to why they did it, quite simply - money, there is a bigger audience on steam so they want to appeal to it with 'exclusives' because idiots tend to fall for it, like anyone is getting cyberpunk to read a shitty short story... Get the game on gog drm free, its much better than whatever b-roll literature you are getting on steam
Anakin-Skywalker: There is no exclusive mission, its a short story

As to why they did it, quite simply - money, there is a bigger audience on steam so they want to appeal to it with 'exclusives' because idiots tend to fall for it, like anyone is getting cyberpunk to read a shitty short story... Get the game on gog drm free, its much better than whatever b-roll literature you are getting on steam
I would not push that DRM-free envelope that far with this game.
Anakin-Skywalker: There is no exclusive mission, its a short story

midrand: I would not push that DRM-free envelope that far with this game.
It's DRM free, I don't know what conspiracy theory have you been snorting on these forums but it will be DRM free otherwise it wouldn't be on GOG
What mission? It's a pdf short story, nothing more. No in game goodies.
Anakin-Skywalker: It's DRM free, I don't know what conspiracy theory have you been snorting on these forums but it will be DRM free otherwise it wouldn't be on GOG
Let's have this talk in a few months time and check how much of the content is locked behind Galaxy access by then. It would be on GOG regardless as this is a CDPR own game.
Anakin-Skywalker: It's DRM free, I don't know what conspiracy theory have you been snorting on these forums but it will be DRM free otherwise it wouldn't be on GOG
Except you need a digital prison to run it (Windows 10).

Yeah, yeah, a couple weeks before release they are now saying there is support for 7 after ages of displaying 10 only, but:
- For full features, you still need 10
- 7 is still Windows, and you are still MS's bitch with it.

CP2077 is NOT DRM-free.
drmsux: Except you need a digital prison to run it (Windows 10).

Yeah, yeah, a couple weeks before release they are now saying there is support for 7 after ages of displaying 10 only, but:

CP2077 is NOT DRM-free.
High IQ Take right here...

CP2077 is NOT DRM-free.
This has to be bait.

Next you are going to say GOG games aren't drm free because you need the phisical prision of a computer to play it..
midrand: Let's have this talk in a few months time and check how much of the content is locked behind Galaxy access by then. It would be on GOG regardless as this is a CDPR own game.
They released The Witcher 3, their best selling game by far that has all of its content DRM free, are you so caught up in your conspiracy theories that you are just going to assume they will do that to cyberpunk?
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Anakin-Skywalker
CP2077 is DRM free on GOG so what are you talking about?
Anakin-Skywalker: As to why they did it, quite simply
No, at least not IMO - this is very common practice for devs to add small little bonuses for each retailer. Best Buy often gets a unique pre-order bonus, the Steam version does, etc. In 10 years time they'll release a "anniversary edition" and it will have all the pre-order DLC included in it. Probably. Hopefully.

I'm not sure whether there's a good reason, other than sweetening the deal when negotiating with each distributor, "we'll give you a unique piece of content if you make these negotiations go smoothly".
cpy: CP2077 is DRM free on GOG so what are you talking about?
The way i read the persons post it has to do with it being on windows so that is the drm maybe, not sure to be honest sometimes it is better to just wave and slowly back away from people.

CP2077 is NOT DRM-free.
yes it is.. take the tinfoil hat of bud.
WrathfulBuddha: yes it is.. take the tinfoil hat of bud.
I would not have as big of an issue with your comment...if you didn't insinuate that the person who actually understands what legal and technical framework you live in is wearing a tin-foil hat for understanding actual knowledge. Windows has moved away from selling you a product, to licensing you a "service" which exists in extremely vague legal space. Steam and other DRM based distributors also do the same. You are now broadly paying companies money...for absolutely nothing at all. There is no set ownership you have over any digital product any longer, because it's no longer a product, it's a "service". He's not wearing the tin-foil hat, you're just wearing a blindfold and pretending not to see things right in front of you.
WrathfulBuddha: yes it is.. take the tinfoil hat of bud.
a2055: I would not have as big of an issue with your comment...if you didn't insinuate that the person who actually understands what legal and technical framework you live in is wearing a tin-foil hat for understanding actual knowledge. Windows has moved away from selling you a product, to licensing you a "service" which exists in extremely vague legal space. Steam and other DRM based distributors also do the same. You are now broadly paying companies money...for absolutely nothing at all. There is no set ownership you have over any digital product any longer, because it's no longer a product, it's a "service". He's not wearing the tin-foil hat, you're just wearing a blindfold and pretending not to see things right in front of you.
The very concept of ownership in the digital world is completely different than it was 20 or 30 years ago, and the faster we understand that, the better.

You don't 'own' anything in the digital era, like you would before. When you buy a video-game or any piece of software, may that be through a online game shop or via CD, with or without DRM, you are only buying a license to access that game and all of the suppliers of that product specify in their Terms and Conditions that you are buying a license and not a product - at any time even GOG can simply remove access to your GOG account for any reason because your license was revoked. The good thing though is that with GOG you can actually download the offline installers and get a playable version of that game as you downloaded it at the time so even if your license is revoked you don't lose access to the game, just any future updates.