It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't change the F to interact key and its awful any way to do it? Please help.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by BlightWarrior
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
BlightWarrior: I can't change the F to interact and its awful any way to do it? Please help.
No shit! FFS Devs.

I usually just temporarily change my middle mouse binding to F when I run into this kind of noob mistake in a game but for some reaso and for the first time ever, the game won't recognize my custom mouse bindings :(
I honestly hate the F key. Its an uncomfortable reach for such a common use thing. Half-Life made it the E key 20 years ago, how did you mess that up? Plus its the only key you cannot rebind, FFS devs is there some game breaking bug that prevents this key from being changed?
Honestly I think F key is a incredible frustrating and not intuitive function key. Why for Crist sake it is not normal, usual E key ? Someone is brain damaged in CD Project RED or just simple Troll ?
BlightWarrior: I can't change the F to interact key and its awful any way to do it? Please help.
Same here, is a very unconforable choice to impose to the players
I'm getting Fallout 4 flashbacks here... they never fixed the keybinds in that where several ancillary functions were hard-bound to certain default keys. I had to play that game with an AutoHotkey script. Tried that just now with Cyberpunk and it didn't work.

I need the interaction function on the Delete key because I'm a lefty mouse user that plays with arrow keys. And I can't even bind W and S to the up and down arrows, it just gives me a failure message. For all the time and effort they put into this game, this sure is an amateur oversight.
I guess that it should be considered the FuuUUuuCK key... as it's quite fitting seeing as we'll end up accidentally hitting the D key instead during those dialogue quick time events!

I prefer to have the USE key bound to the Spacebar as it's the easiest to access!
Post edited December 11, 2020 by TZODnmr2k5
BlightWarrior: I can't change the F to interact key and its awful any way to do it? Please help.
Plus also the menu keys are brinded to I, O, P, J, K. In topview rpgs are fine but at rpg/fps is annoying.
Omg I'm not alone! I keep hitting the E key. It's been a hard adjustment so far.
Well, they do need to fix the keybinds but I managed to get mine all set up now after manually editing the XML file for them. You can easily change F to E that way.

In the game directory go to \r6\config\

Open inputUserMappings.xml in Notepad or Notepad++

Use Ctrl+F to first search for existing uses of IK_E to make sure you won't cause any conflicts. Change them as needed.

Then search all cases of IK_F relating to interactions and just change it to IK_E.

Easy peasy.

If you don't feel like doing it yourselves, there's a preset xml that also adds a key for walking at nexusmods(dot)com/cyberpunk2077/mods/30. Just overwrite the one in the config folder.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by robinkom