It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Most of the reviews of this game suggested to do the side quests first and claimed that the side content is more interesting than the main story.
But I have played 16 hours, currently at Act 2 and I did not see at least one interesting mission.
I did:
1. Fetch some memory data of a woman and return it to her apartment.
2. Go to shooting range and win a gun.
3. Go to Delmain insurance and receive from him a fetch quest to stop rogue vehicles, then got bombarded with another 10 similar missions that spam my quest list.
4. Find some vinyl record from a fan.

I do not find any of these quests interesting at all.
Am I missing some content?
Zeev: Most of the reviews of this game suggested to do the side quests first and claimed that the side content is more interesting than the main story.
But I have played 16 hours, currently at Act 2 and I did not see at least one interesting mission.
I did:
3. Go to Delmain insurance and receive from him a fetch quest to stop rogue vehicles, then got bombarded with another 10 similar missions that spam my quest list.

because this is the great 4K interactive movie simulator of 2020.

we are brought so low now [blame put entirely on consoles, imo] that we are begging for basic shit like 3rd person POV

and remapping of keys for dodge, inventory and others.

its a complete joke.

the whole point was to force you to appreciate the emotions of the virtual interactive movie they made.

oh but you get to click some stuff and see tits and dicks every once in a while.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by soma_m3ch
Zeev: Most of the reviews of this game suggested to do the side quests first and claimed that the side content is more interesting than the main story.
I did:

There's a lot more conent then what you got and a wide variety of it too. Just do what you want as it goes along. If the story doesn't interest you though, you might be wasting your time.
I did:

Fun is subjective, and depends not only on one's preference, but also a right mood. If you are not depressed, probably it is just not your game. It is okay. You don't have to like everything that other people do.
Because CDPR don't believe in emergent gameplay so they are forced to make every single quest which means after a while you will run out of ideas and things will get stagnant.
I agree with the OP - can you perhaps hint at some more interesting side quests that you got that had an interesting background story and were a little more complex than one or two actions you had to do?

My experience so far was poor with these.

Not to be confused with main story quests - these are good - but side quests so far were nothing to talk about.

There is a lot of content / quantity of "quest marks" but so far 99% of those are Gigs and those are as boring / repetitive as they can possibly be.
whole game is boring
midrand: I agree with the OP - can you perhaps hint at some more interesting side quests that you got that had an interesting background story and were a little more complex than one or two actions you had to do?

Not to be confused with main story quests - these are good - but side quests so far were nothing to talk about.

There is a lot of content / quantity of "quest marks" but so far 99% of those are Gigs and those are as boring / repetitive as they can possibly be.
Pretty much all the gigs you get before meeting proxy are bore fest, all fun missions are associated with friends or you have to do friends missions to open them up. There is where most of content is included. All gigs before that are just xp grind.
midrand: I agree with the OP - can you perhaps hint at some more interesting side quests that you got that had an interesting background story and were a little more complex than one or two actions you had to do?

mythdragon: Pretty much all the gigs you get before meeting proxy are bore fest, all fun missions are associated with friends or you have to do friends missions to open them up. There is where most of content is included. All gigs before that are just xp grind.
Thank you. When you mean friends - is that companions? Like Panam? Are those listed as side quests or main quests though?
mythdragon: Pretty much all the gigs you get before meeting proxy are bore fest, all fun missions are associated with friends or you have to do friends missions to open them up. There is where most of content is included. All gigs before that are just xp grind.
midrand: Thank you. When you mean friends - is that companions? Like Panam? Are those listed as side quests or main quests though?
Yes, those. But there is also few jobs not connected to them like for exemple sinnerman I do not know if it has street creed or other requirements so you could miss some out if you want to skip fillers. Before I was done with all fillers I had something like lvl 25 50sc and ~20h on clock...
Post edited December 18, 2020 by mythdragon
midrand: Thank you. When you mean friends - is that companions? Like Panam? Are those listed as side quests or main quests though?
mythdragon: Yes, those. But there is also few jobs not connected to them like for exemple sinnerman I do not know if it has street creed or other requirements so you could miss some out if you want to skip fillers. Before I was done with all fillers I had something like lvl 25 50sc and ~20h on clock...
ok - thanks for that. I will continue with the grind then...
Since this isn't a major issue, this game isn't boring. You probably didn't like the quest missions becaue of the way it has been set. But asking everyone why is this game so boring in a personal matter is totally irrelevant.

Best to ask yourself.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by VisualBlack
Side missions indeed get better - for me after progressing the story past the Helmann quest. Much better and much deeper. Not sure why CDPR decided to avoid having any worthwhile side quests up until then, but anyway.

So i take some of my critique on the side quests back - they are fun, long and good.
I wish there was a nod to hide all the garbage filler and leave only a few good ones.
most side missions arent any different than the ones in witcher 3.
You basically have three types of side missions, main plot based spinoffs, side missions with some story to them and just simple mini missions with a set goal. Especially the last category is like in witcher, always the same. So either do them or not.

I enjoyed the first two categories and the last one i saw as "free loot" i took along the way.

As @midrand stated, after about 1/3 of the main plot, the side quests that unlock get much more fleshed out. I can only assume that CDPR assumed players would rush the main story anyway first and only later start to tackle sidequests...