It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I remember an interview with the big boss of CDP talking about free DLC ready to be launch.

What happened to them?

Are they still coming or are they cancelled?
"When will the free DLC come?"

"When it's ready." - CDPR

I hope this clears things up for you.
They're still coming. However, with the game's rocky launch and the idiotic ransomware attack that spoiled brats flung at them, things got pushed back. I'm not sure how far, but their main focus seems to be major patches first, and rightfully so.
They haven't updated the Roadmap after the hotfix 1.22 came out, but just imagine the hotfix 1.22 in the roadmap after the hotfix 1.21:
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37298/our-commitment

The roadmap shows the free DLCs will start to come, possibly earlier than the next-gen console version. Sometime in 2021.

For any more detailed timeframe, I think Crawdaddy79 is absolutely correct: "When it's ready."

For the reason why, I think JakobFel is right: disastrous launch, a lot of bugs to fix, the lawsuits, greedy ransomware people... All of this delays the DLCs.

I wouldn't be surprised if after getting all the biggest bugs and performance issues fixed, the DLCs will be a bit more delayed because they give the employees some time to ... you know, have time with the family. Cool down for a moment. Maybe relax a bit. They had a long crunch before launch and now they have been working a lot to fix all the bugs. I think some of the devs might need some time off. But maybe they give the devs time off in different times to keep the development going with only minimal delays. I don't know. Just guessing here.
Hang on! Just read an article:
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/cyberpunk-2077-dlc-cd-projekt-red-takes-aim-at-new-content-still-working-on-bugs.html/

“It’s too early to talk about 2021; we don’t want to reveal it, but as I’ve already mentioned – a big part of the team is still working on improving Cyberpunk; that’s approximately 40% of the team.”

40% of the team fixing bugs. That leaves 60% of the team.

While it wasn’t stated directly that the remaining 60% of the team is working on new content, it may be implied, especially given CD Projekt Red’s roadmap for Cyberpunk 2077 in 2021.

New content (even if it is cut content added back to the game fixed) may come earlier than I was expecting.
frogthroat: Hang on! Just read an article:
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/cyberpunk-2077-dlc-cd-projekt-red-takes-aim-at-new-content-still-working-on-bugs.html/

“It’s too early to talk about 2021; we don’t want to reveal it, but as I’ve already mentioned – a big part of the team is still working on improving Cyberpunk; that’s approximately 40% of the team.”

40% of the team fixing bugs. That leaves 60% of the team.

While it wasn’t stated directly that the remaining 60% of the team is working on new content, it may be implied, especially given CD Projekt Red’s roadmap for Cyberpunk 2077 in 2021.

New content (even if it is cut content added back to the game fixed) may come earlier than I was expecting.
Thanks for the update.
J Lo: Thanks for the update.
Good news doesn't stop there. When CDPR says "expansion", they mean DLC. When they say (free) DLC, they mean a small, free addon like armour, single quest, new game plus... So, planned expansions (plural) are coming. Like Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine for The Witcher 3.

“Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, offering substantial, story-driven content that’ll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won’t soon forget,” the message explained.
frogthroat: Good news doesn't stop there. When CDPR says "expansion", they mean DLC. When they say (free) DLC, they mean a small, free addon like armour, single quest, new game plus... So, planned expansions (plural) are coming. Like Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine for The Witcher 3.

“Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, offering substantial, story-driven content that’ll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won’t soon forget,” the message explained.
Ooooh that would be so great!!
The only thing greater than that would be if they include some feelies with the phyisical copies of the expansion, exactly like they did with the Gwent card decks for The Witcher 3 (they may include the Tarot cards, or who knows... something...).
But also just the expansions would be great! :D
Post edited May 21, 2021 by Nephilim88
J Lo: Thanks for the update.
frogthroat: Good news doesn't stop there. When CDPR says "expansion", they mean DLC. When they say (free) DLC, they mean a small, free addon like armour, single quest, new game plus... So, planned expansions (plural) are coming. Like Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine for The Witcher 3.

I wish I could give CDPR benefit of the doubt here but I don't have any hope that DLCs for Cyberpunk will somehow match the quality of Heart of Stone and especially Blood and Wine. Ain't gonna happen, just like Cyberpunk is nothing close to Witcher 3. Will just be more of CP as it stands.

Just finished playing W3 for the 4th time - wow, what a great game that was. Just wow. Still looks fresh and plays great.
midrand: I wish I could give CDPR benefit of the doubt here but I don't have any hope that DLCs for Cyberpunk will somehow match the quality of Heart of Stone and especially Blood and Wine. Ain't gonna happen, just like Cyberpunk is nothing close to Witcher 3. Will just be more of CP as it stands.

Just finished playing W3 for the 4th time - wow, what a great game that was. Just wow. Still looks fresh and plays great.
And yet, no one seems to remember the state it was in when it released... they're working on it. Let's see what we get when they stop doing that.
midrand: DLCs for Cyberpunk will somehow match the quality of Heart of Stone and especially Blood and Wine.
Those would be hard to match, but in this case I was talking about their nomenclature.
midrand: I wish I could give CDPR benefit of the doubt here but I don't have any hope that DLCs for Cyberpunk will somehow match the quality of Heart of Stone and especially Blood and Wine. Ain't gonna happen, just like Cyberpunk is nothing close to Witcher 3. Will just be more of CP as it stands.

Nephilim88: And yet, no one seems to remember the state it was in when it released... they're working on it. Let's see what we get when they stop doing that.
I remember very well what state W3 was released in - for me it worked perfectly fine. Did not have any major issues that I can recall - perhaps for others it was different. I played W3 at release (Day 1) so definitely would not have missed really game breaking bugs - for me they were certainly not of the same magnitude and quantity as CP 2077 (also Day 1).

Bugs might get fixed eventually but I really doubt the game as such will be fixed or that DLCs will be of same quality as Blood of Wine.
midrand: DLCs for Cyberpunk will somehow match the quality of Heart of Stone and especially Blood and Wine.
frogthroat: Those would be hard to match, but in this case I was talking about their nomenclature.
Yes, they will have story expansion and probably another travel area - that I would expect as a minimum :)
Post edited June 19, 2021 by midrand
midrand: probably another travel area
Expansion of the map has been hinted since day 1. (See the screenshot.)
Attachments:
midrand: probably another travel area
frogthroat: Expansion of the map has been hinted since day 1. (See the screenshot.)
Well, this message you get on any road out of night city as a place holder. Like you got a message "dragons live there" in Witcher 3 when you got too far out. In itself does not mean much - but logically there will be a new area (and I believe there were talks of assets in the game that hint to future areas too).
midrand: Well, this message you get on any road out of night city as a place holder.
It's the "just yet" part that intrigues me.

Of course that comes in any road or any place close to the edge of the map, but for that "turn around, there's nothing here" would suffice. The "just yet" however is almost a promise.