It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Windows 7, GTX 1660 Super, intel corei7, 16 Gb ram. Newest GPU driver, latest game version. Graphics card temperature doesn't go above 73 during gameplay. The game is added to all categories of exceptions in the anti virus.

After 1.0.4 came out the game didn't crash for about a day, now it does it frequently. GPU crash for unknown reasons bullshit. When it happens either both my screens go back for a while and the GPU is acting weird until I restart the machine (the game doesn't start, Afterburner can't see the temperature, but both screens still display my windows on full resolution) or the game crashes but the card keeps working normally (this still shows the unknown reason GPU crash in the error report).

What could possibly be causing this?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Try using GeForce Experience to optimise your graphics settings, it seems to have worked for me.
Radeon 5700 XT user here. For me undervolting my GPU has eliminated all crashes since it was applied. A 5700 XT is no GTX 1660 Super but still thought I'd share my experience. Undervolting my GPU is just a couple of clicks, btw. I just used the auto undervolt option then launched the game. I haven't used Nvidia for a long time but I'm sure they have a similarly simple auto undervolt option if you wanted to give it a try.

Are you running an overclock on your CPU? Another troubleshooting step when solving crashes is to return overclocked components to stock speeds.
TheDogCatcher: Try using GeForce Experience to optimise your graphics settings, it seems to have worked for me.
Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately I removed Experience after they started requiring logging in to some online service and I don't plan on reinstalling it.
peppermintl2k5: Radeon 5700 XT user here. For me undervolting my GPU has eliminated all crashes since it was applied. A 5700 XT is no GTX 1660 Super but still thought I'd share my experience. Undervolting my GPU is just a couple of clicks, btw. I just used the auto undervolt option then launched the game. I haven't used Nvidia for a long time but I'm sure they have a similarly simple auto undervolt option if you wanted to give it a try.

Are you running an overclock on your CPU? Another troubleshooting step when solving crashes is to return overclocked components to stock speeds.
Thank you. I will try undervolting. I'm not overclocking.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by zoliking
ok I've attached an image showing my settings in Geforce Experience, maybe this will help

e2a, btw I have a GTX 1660 ti so your settings should be similar to mine.
Attachments:
Post edited December 17, 2020 by TheDogCatcher
zoliking: Windows 7, GTX 1660 Super, intel corei7, 16 Gb ram. Newest GPU driver, latest game version. Graphics card temperature doesn't go above 73 during gameplay. The game is added to all categories of exceptions in the anti virus.

After 1.0.4 came out the game didn't crash for about a day, now it does it frequently. GPU crash for unknown reasons bullshit. When it happens either both my screens go back for a while and the GPU is acting weird until I restart the machine (the game doesn't start, Afterburner can't see the temperature, but both screens still display my windows on full resolution) or the game crashes but the card keeps working normally (this still shows the unknown reason GPU crash in the error report).

I found out that at the moment of the crash, the GPU MEM usage was above the size mentioned in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\memory_pool_budgets.csv. (Monitoring tool was MSI Afterburner)
So I changed the values in that file (in column "PC") to about 2/3 of my mainboard RAM and about 95% of my GPU RAM. Since that, no more crashes (I'm also on Win7x64, RTX2060S).
TheDogCatcher: Try using GeForce Experience to optimise your graphics settings, it seems to have worked for me.
lol are you low iq?
Geforce experience is for people that are too dumb to set their own graphical options.
V4skunk: lol are you low iq?
Geforce experience is for people that are too dumb to set their own graphical options.
If anyone around here is low IQ it's you judging from that reply, if you can't keep a civil yongue in your head stfu.
i keep repeating this everywhere but try UNDERCLOCKING your video card!

a lot of vid cards seem to be overclocked out of the box and games seem to be sensitive to that these days. i was getting crashes all over the place in games including cbp and doom eternal and flight simulator and it turned out that my card is overclocked about 200mhz out of the box over spec. i dropped the clock -200mhz and also dropped gpu mem clock -100mhz (max possible) and now EVERYTHING runs like butter with no crashes.
jinchoung: i keep repeating this everywhere but try UNDERCLOCKING your video card!

a lot of vid cards seem to be overclocked out of the box and games seem to be sensitive to that these days. i was getting crashes all over the place in games including cbp and doom eternal and flight simulator and it turned out that my card is overclocked about 200mhz out of the box over spec. i dropped the clock -200mhz and also dropped gpu mem clock -100mhz (max possible) and now EVERYTHING runs like butter with no crashes.
Thank you! I'll try that.

UPDATE: :( Didn't work.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by zoliking
BTW, **DON'T** undervolt. that would voltage would only cause instability if you're overheating.

voltage INCREASES stability otherwise. so try underclock gpu and gpu mem but don't screw with the voltage.
zoliking: Windows 7, GTX 1660 Super, intel corei7, 16 Gb ram. Newest GPU driver, latest game version. Graphics card temperature doesn't go above 73 during gameplay. The game is added to all categories of exceptions in the anti virus.

having the same problem. I'm using amd 3080 and rtx 3080 with 16gb ram. Newest gpu driver and windows. The game crashes sometimes but i can't tell exactly when it's crashing it just happens. but instead of crashing to desktop it looks like my monitor was unplugged from the computer. When I reboot everything works totally fine. temperature of graphics card is perfectly normal. I think this game still needs tons of hotfixes.
jinchoung: BTW, **DON'T** undervolt. that would voltage would only cause instability if you're overheating.

voltage INCREASES stability otherwise. so try underclock gpu and gpu mem but don't screw with the voltage.
Yeah, I looked into it and it's a bit more involved a process than what I'm willing to do with my lack of expertise. I'm not good enough with graphics hardware to be confident I won't screw something up if I do that.
chssis: having the same problem. I'm using amd 3080 and rtx 3080 with 16gb ram. Newest gpu driver and windows. The game crashes sometimes but i can't tell exactly when it's crashing it just happens. but instead of crashing to desktop it looks like my monitor was unplugged from the computer. When I reboot everything works totally fine. temperature of graphics card is perfectly normal. I think this game still needs tons of hotfixes.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's specifically the software. Nothing like this happens on other games. (Granted, the only other game I play that taxes the GPU in any way is Doom: Eternal, but still there's that never having crashed as an indication.)
Post edited December 18, 2020 by zoliking
downclocking my video card did nothing possitive.
when I tried it, the game ran badly and there was trouble loading... almost reminds me of how the Fallout 4 game has loading times tied to framerate.

Puting it back to balanced gives me the sweet sweet candy that is the 2077 world smooth as melted butter!
Sadly still crashes randomly... at least one of which is somehow tied to the quick scanner and my scanning apps.
Another crashes the graphics card driver..... *sighs*
gah. sorry to hear it. the search conitnues.