It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ast486: correct.
Microsoft went back and specifically added support for directx12 to win7, but not to win8.
So I have to go and upgrade my entire @#$# OS to play it now?
ast486: correct.
Microsoft went back and specifically added support for directx12 to win7, but not to win8.
nefloyd: So I have to go and upgrade my entire @#$# OS to play it now?
Yep. Or downgrade, if you can find a copy of W7. Regardless that's exactly what you (and I for that matter) gotta do.

A shame, I am not looking forward to the hellscape that awaits me in W10. I have enough horrorstories of the OS from most of the people in and out of my close circle who "Upgraded".
Well, for what it's worth, I ended up doing the free upgrade to Win 10 (which is still available somehow), and that fixed the flatlining issue for me.
nefloyd: Well, for what it's worth, I ended up doing the free upgrade to Win 10 (which is still available somehow), and that fixed the flatlining issue for me.
Because MS wants you to, you can still upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8 keys to Windows 10. But for me the installation of Windows 10 fails with installation from USB, so i'm doomed. :(
Hi guys. I solved my problem by reinstall nvidia driver and update everything available in Windows updates.
TwiceDead: Got the error.
Windows 8.1
GTX 1070 on the latest Nvidia Drivers
Ouff... Same setup as me.

Shout if you get it working!
Sinafey86: Guys, try disabling GOG overlay, i found this "solution" on the net, but cant persoanlly try it, as im reinstalling the game -_-

Let me know if itll work or not
Tried it, didn't work.

Thanks for the tip anyways.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Andrei_Pendle
My initial crash was solved by updating the nvidia drivers to the ones realeased on the 9'th.

BUT the game still crashes after about an hour or so ... and it crashes so badly., that it takes down the entire graphics driver with it!
In fact I have to reboot the system just to get it working again. :-(
Found possible fix to launch issues, installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

Had cloud sync, .dll missings errors, etc
Updated windows and the game with the latest patch and it works!