It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Excuse me brilliant RipperDoc person. I've noticed you have the new Kiroshi Optics MK III for sale.
I don't exactly have the Eddies you ask for, but -
I have 412 hots dogs, 96 bag lunches, this gooey pile of pizza slices, 4.5 dozen synth burritos, this box of broken and torn things and all these bottles of colored liquid i found in various homeless camps, garbage pits and sidewalks.
How about we make a deal?
Not so fast bub!!! you owe me some Eddies. I gave you far too many hot dogs.
mad_crease: Excuse me brilliant RipperDoc person. I've noticed you have the new Kiroshi Optics MK III for sale.
I don't exactly have the Eddies you ask for, but -
I have 412 hots dogs, 96 bag lunches, this gooey pile of pizza slices, 4.5 dozen synth burritos, this box of broken and torn things and all these bottles of colored liquid i found in various homeless camps, garbage pits and sidewalks.
How about we make a deal?
Not so fast bub!!! you owe me some Eddies. I gave you far too many hot dogs.
The starting stuff for build and aprimoration, it's all about All Foods.
It is kinda funny you can do that. :-)

I'm glad you can though... that stuff adds up over time.
Last time I sold all the food crap, I ended up with 3+ more k of money and near the beginning that's still pretty sweet!
The thing is, it's not even realistic in any way. People live in the slums in this game and there are literal recycling machines in these slums that pay you money for trash but people are like "nah, fuck it." You could clean up entire countries within a months time if these magic trash eating money machines were real. It's just bad design. Picking up trash isn't satisfying way of living the Cyberpunk fantasy, so why is it there other than to clutter your inventory with crap. Further driving home a problem the game already has with too much worthless inventory junk. Guess it's easier than making a functioning economy. What a joke.
FallenHeroX1: The thing is, it's not even realistic in any way. People live in the slums in this game and there are literal recycling machines in these slums that pay you money for trash but people are like "nah, fuck it." You could clean up entire countries within a months time if these magic trash eating money machines were real. It's just bad design. Picking up trash isn't satisfying way of living the Cyberpunk fantasy, so why is it there other than to clutter your inventory with crap. Further driving home a problem the game already has with too much worthless inventory junk. Guess it's easier than making a functioning economy. What a joke.
If I was going to complain about something unrealistic, it wouldn't be the loot-everything and loot-is-everywhere things.
I mean that's standard fare in most rpgs.

I'd be more concerned about the plot breaking things from lack of being able to record things you see with your implants... stuff like that.
Only worth sticking to the original source material where it makes sense.
This is a pretty basic RPG mechanic that has been this way for... decades now.
JAD2012: This is a pretty basic RPG mechanic that has been this way for... decades now.
Some RPGs make you go through different vendors to sell different goods. It's kind of a pain to deal with. Letting you pawn all your stuff at one vendor is just basic convenience.
JAD2012: This is a pretty basic RPG mechanic that has been this way for... decades now.
J Lo: Some RPGs make you go through different vendors to sell different goods. It's kind of a pain to deal with. Letting you pawn all your stuff at one vendor is just basic convenience.
True that! But doesn't really make it less stupid. For example, selling all your junk weapons to an armor/weapon vendor.

In a nutshell, this has been a thing for a long long time and it's simply a way to make money in RPG games ;D
J Lo: Some RPGs make you go through different vendors to sell different goods. It's kind of a pain to deal with. Letting you pawn all your stuff at one vendor is just basic convenience.
JAD2012: True that! But doesn't really make it less stupid. For example, selling all your junk weapons to an armor/weapon vendor.

In a nutshell, this has been a thing for a long long time and it's simply a way to make money in RPG games ;D
Yes, it is a cash cow. It would be a little better if some of the junk/food you collected actually was needed for the game mechanics. Oxygen is the only one that might even be close to being needed. After 10 minutes of game play, you'll never run out of anything for healing. Food is redundant immediately. I think there was a lot more planned that got wiped. The food items take forever to click away and sell. At least the junk items have a sell all or the perk to break them all down..
JAD2012: True that! But doesn't really make it less stupid. For example, selling all your junk weapons to an armor/weapon vendor.

mad_crease: Yes, it is a cash cow. It would be a little better if some of the junk/food you collected actually was needed for the game mechanics. Oxygen is the only one that might even be close to being needed. After 10 minutes of game play, you'll never run out of anything for healing. Food is redundant immediately. I think there was a lot more planned that got wiped. The food items take forever to click away and sell. At least the junk items have a sell all or the perk to break them all down..
We can wish many things, then again, food used to work exactly like this in The Witcher 3. Some added more healing than others, but both food and drinks had the exact same effects. At least we have two different buffs in Cyberpunk. Food isn't a healing item, it's more like a buff item. They grant stamina/health regeneration, which can be very useful while in combat.

Also, you can't eat/drink while in combat, so if you get hurt, you will need to take advantage of your perks or use maxdoc/bounce back.

I agree on the fact that the world is filled with maxdoc 1 and bounce back 1. Then again, as of now, I only use level 3 of each and those do not appear in the world as much.
FallenHeroX1: The thing is, it's not even realistic in any way. People live in the slums in this game and there are literal recycling machines in these slums that pay you money for trash but people are like "nah, fuck it." You could clean up entire countries within a months time if these magic trash eating money machines were real. It's just bad design. Picking up trash isn't satisfying way of living the Cyberpunk fantasy, so why is it there other than to clutter your inventory with crap. Further driving home a problem the game already has with too much worthless inventory junk. Guess it's easier than making a functioning economy. What a joke.
Or, if Night City is anything close to my hometown, some thug broke those machines ages ago and nobody fixed them.
Those are drop points for mercs.... It only happens that they also serve as selling points for the players, but their lore is that they work as drop points, just like in real life mail.