It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Seems to me a lot of the streamers i have seen doing the live playthrough are also streamers who have done a lot of marketing on behalf of the game the likes of NeonArcade who has done a great job with lore deepdive and others who have either voice acted and motion captured for the game like Cohhcarnage so i am all for them getting it early on and people are free to avoid their streams and or videos so they do not get spoiled by some story bit they might be doing atm.

People seem to get offended by the smallest thing these days, watched some of the character creater videos kind of sad i could not get my vibrator penis attachment and neon colored pubes but hey we can all get some disappointment at times, i am just excited it is the 9th of dec so around 5 hours time and day one patch arrives and we can get started on the long awaited game finally.
Every spoiler streamer unfollowed unsubbed...here is your special treatment.
its playable already in some countries like mine for instance , only on consoles though. Pc users in NZ have to wait until 1pm NZT which is 5 hours away. IM stuck here watching my little brother play on ps4 pro , while i have 5 hours to wait lol...
The streamers would (and will) advertise the game just as much after release. But I doubt that most people that watched a large part of the game on stream will be motivated to buy the game to play for themselves when the can just watch multiple streamers to see the different backstories and endings.
Also, while I did not promote the game on social media I also did my part of supporting the games development by preordering almost 18 months ago.
Also I don't understand why the review embargo had to be lifted days ago and apperently even some toxic reviewers have qualified for a review copy? If those reviews had been published tomorrow I wouldn't care because I will be playing the game. But due to reviews already being out I had to be very carefull to avoid spoilers. Not to mention that some of the headlines were already very detrimental to my excitement for the game.
Well they say you shall not preorder games. I only made an exception for CDPR but after the way this release went I probably won't again for the next game.
mw.islinger: The streamers would (and will) advertise the game just as much after release. But I doubt that most people that watched a large part of the game on stream will be motivated to buy the game to play for themselves when the can just watch multiple streamers to see the different backstories and endings.
Also, while I did not promote the game on social media I also did my part of supporting the games development by preordering almost 18 months ago.
Also I don't understand why the review embargo had to be lifted days ago and apperently even some toxic reviewers have qualified for a review copy? If those reviews had been published tomorrow I wouldn't care because I will be playing the game. But due to reviews already being out I had to be very carefull to avoid spoilers. Not to mention that some of the headlines were already very detrimental to my excitement for the game.
Well they say you shall not preorder games. I only made an exception for CDPR but after the way this release went I probably won't again for the next game.
CDPR just cares too damn much about this 'gaming community' like there is any such thing about a unified 'gaming community'

Most people just want to enjoy their games and not make a whole life-style of it and it just feels like at times they spend more time pandering to that supposed community than to the actual people that play these games. It's a game, a standard game, stop announcing and pronouncing, putting up countdowns and counters everywhere, giving early access and blue balling everyone in the process.

It's just plain annoying and irritating when people are playing this game earlier than you and for free because they have perceived 'reach'. Streamers don't bring revenue and never have, they play games that already have a lot of hype and a following so they can get more views, they aren't going to be propping up games that have no recognition and quite honestly if you can afford the game why would you even want to see someone playing it before you?

CDPR sometimes just does this stupid shit and I can't understand it
also... what the guy above me said!!!
Sufferwell: Why?

Game needs more exposure?

Do the game needs to be spoiled?
Anakin-Skywalker: I think that there is this idea that streamers bring revenue - people that watch streamers either don't have the money to buy the games or have no interest in it, the idea that streamers make a game popular is stupid, streamers play what is popular and brings views to their channel....
Big streamers bring revenue? That may or may not make a game popular. But I am NEVER going to pay anything to them lol. When they get too big for their own good they destroy themselves. Like Dr. Distrespect did lol. Or they are just annoying to watch. I like watching small streamers because they're real. Big streamers are too loud for my taste.
jheadhunter: I totaly agree with you. Giving streamers (even if it is limited to the 'popular' ones), it is a slap in everyone elses face. If they can release it to them. why not to everyone.

Less swears wouldn't hurt though...
Ixixly: It's called Marketing, honestly, how exactly does them having it earlier affect you? Infact, it helps you, it makes games more profitable because they Stream it and convince people to purchase it which means the developer gets more money and is able/willing to do more in the future.
I don't need to be convinced. I already made the choice to buy it back in 2012.
And no amount of marketing is going to influence me lmao. Do these corporations think that we're robots or what?
Post edited December 09, 2020 by REG2012
mw.islinger: The streamers would (and will) advertise the game just as much after release. But I doubt that most people that watched a large part of the game on stream will be motivated to buy the game to play for themselves when the can just watch
Streamers show gameplay so a lot of gamers won't purchase it. So the marketing actually hurts sales in a way lol.
Anakin-Skywalker: if you can afford the game why would you even want to see someone playing it before you?
This. Why would I watch someone play when I will be playing it myself
Streamers and "content creators" are the cancer killing this industry. There's an entire demographic of game spectators that never actually buy or play games. They just sit there watching other people play games and then spread whatever BS opinions they formulated about the game from watching some other idiot play it. Developers and publishers see all the marketing potential and start giving them special privileges not realizing there are long term negative consequences.
TastyMints: Streamers and "content creators" are the cancer killing this industry. There's an entire demographic of game spectators that never actually buy or play games. They just sit there watching other people play games and then spread whatever BS opinions they formulated about the game from watching some other idiot play it. Developers and publishers see all the marketing potential and start giving them special privileges not realizing there are long term negative consequences.
Imagine actually paying someone real life money for playing a video-game. Some people literally give out hundreds of dollars and support these people... like wtf is wrong with people, this has to be a mental illness
I actually love that streamers get to play unreleased games first. They will find out the bugs and areas that a game needs fixing, also it will give insight to potential game buyers whether to get the game or not. So, it's actually in our favor. I have avoided many games, and saved a lot of cash, just from watching streamers playing them either because they are utterly bad or they are not worth my time.
TastyMints: Streamers and "content creators" are the cancer killing this industry. There's an entire demographic of game spectators that never actually buy or play games. They just sit there watching other people play games and then spread whatever BS opinions they formulated about the game from watching some other idiot play it. Developers and publishers see all the marketing potential and start giving them special privileges not realizing there are long term negative consequences.
Lol this is such bull. Game companies wouldn't have embraced streaming so much if this was the case. They see it as free advertising and it works. Get over it. You play it only a few hours after you entitled babies.
Anakin-Skywalker: Imagine actually paying someone real life money for playing a video-game. Some people literally give out hundreds of dollars and support these people... like wtf is wrong with people, this has to be a mental illness
It´s because of the erection some idiots get when their names pop up on the screen for 10 seconds for donating!
Tedthecomando: Lol this is such bull. Game companies wouldn't have embraced streaming so much if this was the case. They see it as free advertising and it works. Get over it. You play it only a few hours after you entitled babies.
Just like gaming companies wouldn't embrace making regurgitated trash over and over again in order to capitalize as much as possible, right? Get a clue buddy, making lots of money quickly is not always indicative of making good decisions. On the contrary, it's a great way to strip mine the quality and value out of whatever you're producing. Nothing has done more damage to videogames as a whole than streamers and e-sports.