It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

xenomat: Well, see topic.
I can't really believe this, because Windows 7 is older so i assumed that Windows 8 will of course be fine.
Wow. I made the same mistake. I guess that's why the game won't even start.
Thanks again for all the input on this. :)

My current state is i added a SSD i had lying around to my PC and installed Win 10 on there, so i can switch via BIOS/UEFI boot manager right now. Thats fine for the time being.
So right now i'm running Windows 8.1, Linux Mint as well as Win 10 on a separat SSD.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by xenomat
PaulBaeumer1918: Do yourself and us a favor and upgrade your shitty OS to Windows 10:
h.t.t.p.s.:././.www(dot)zdnet(dot)com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

It's still possible to do it for free.
Not sure if piracy.
PaulBaeumer1918: Do yourself and us a favor and upgrade your shitty OS to Windows 10:
h.t.t.p.s.:././.www(dot)zdnet(dot)com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

J Lo: Not sure if piracy.
It's true, i've used several Windows 7 Ultimate Keys for upgrades in the past, they all worked fine and are equal to Windows 10 Pro. Windows 8 keys are also supposed to work because MS really wants you to upgrade.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by xenomat
They had to make sure the game works on Windows 10 + 4 dfferent consoles. It doesn't really make sense to make sure it works on Windows 8 at that point...
I spent good money on 8.1, and intend to get the full use out of it until support reaches end of life.
Guess I won't be playing 2077 until 2023.

What's frustrating is that MS tried brute forcing people to upgrade to 10 with their scummy GW10 update. 8.1 at the time had 1 year remaining of mainstream support to add new features like DX12 or support for cpu's of that year (ryzen and intel's 7000 series) but wanted to pressure people to upgrade. They happily back-port win10's spyware telemetry into 7 & 8.1, and only recently added dx12 to 7. What a kick in the balls. 8.1 with Open Shell Menu is pretty damn good.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by tsaweeos

Not piracy. You literally can just install Windows 10 and type in your Windows 7 / 8 key, and it will activate. For Win 8 machines with the key in the BIOS, you don't even need to type the key in. If MS really considered it piracy, all they'd have to do is block those keys from their Win 10 activation servers. They haven't, so it's not.
That's what they did. They did added new features, like DX12 and updated WDDM, which is DX12 is based on and many more more.

Obviously new features means bumped version number. An updated version is called Windows 10 (originally NT 6.4). It's free to upgrade for all owners of NT 6.1 (Windows 7), 6.2 (Windows 8) and 6.3 (Windows 8.1). They no longer offer seamless upgrade scripts for free. So if you didn't use them when they were available, you have to do fresh install now. Use your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 key or 8, 8.1 SLIC to install it.

Open Shell is working on Windows 10. But modern Windows 10 2009 (20H2) menu is good enough. Nowadays everyone have telemetry, as well as Android and iOS. Even LibreOffice. If don't like sharing usage data and statistics, you can switch it off. There are way to turn it off completely.
Jito463: Not piracy. You literally can just install Windows 10 and type in your Windows 7 / 8 key, and it will activate. For Win 8 machines with the key in the BIOS, you don't even need to type the key in. If MS really considered it piracy, all they'd have to do is block those keys from their Win 10 activation servers. They haven't, so it's not.
I knew about the promo, but I assumed they pulled the plug on it. I've never heard of a promotion lasting this long.
Jito463: Not piracy. You literally can just install Windows 10 and type in your Windows 7 / 8 key, and it will activate. For Win 8 machines with the key in the BIOS, you don't even need to type the key in. If MS really considered it piracy, all they'd have to do is block those keys from their Win 10 activation servers. They haven't, so it's not.
J Lo: I knew about the promo, but I assumed they pulled the plug on it. I've never heard of a promotion lasting this long.
It's not a promotion. Windows 10 is and will be free on Windows 7 and 8 users, in other way people wouldn't able to reinstall it. They've been offering seamless upgrade through Windows Update for a limited time. They are no longer doing those scripts, as it's becoming more complicated. You have to do clean install.