It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jarden: My Galaxy just started downloading 9.7gb patch.
DCAdjust: Same here - 9.7GB. Much better than 40+GB :D
Oh yes, much better:)
For whatever reason, the 9.7GB patch reserved ~60GB of space on my drive. So if Galaxy is screaming at you that you don't have enough space to download the patch (I had 50GB free), then just make sure that you have around 60GB of free space.
FluidExtractor: For whatever reason, the 9.7GB patch reserved ~60GB of space on my drive. So if Galaxy is screaming at you that you don't have enough space to download the patch (I had 50GB free), then just make sure that you have around 60GB of free space.
your gonna wanna free up some space in general mate running tot he red line on your ssd or especially an hdd will effect performance pretty noticably
Something seems to be horribly wrong with my GOG Galaxy. I completed the full 63 GB preload on Monday, and currently GOG Galaxy is downloading a 58(!) GB patch for my preloaded installation. No word of the 9.7 GB patch everyone seems to be talking about.

This wouldn't be too much of a problem for me, but the download speed from the GOG servers is far less than on Monday.
bahijal74: NEW UPDATE YALL.
Marcin Momot says GOG patch will be a few hundred mb. steam 2-3 gb at release time
Same.
Is the update supposed to be really slow when its in the "Applying patches" phase? Is it supposed to not finish until the game unlocks? I swear my game has been applying patches for like an hour for a 9.7gb update.
FluidExtractor: For whatever reason, the 9.7GB patch reserved ~60GB of space on my drive. So if Galaxy is screaming at you that you don't have enough space to download the patch (I had 50GB free), then just make sure that you have around 60GB of free space.
bahijal74: your gonna wanna free up some space in general mate running tot he red line on your ssd or especially an hdd will effect performance pretty noticably
I moved the rest of my games to a HDD for now. I really need to get a bigger SSD dedicated to games, 256GB isn't nearly enough space for games+OS.
bahijal74: NEW UPDATE YALL.
Marcin Momot says GOG patch will be a few hundred mb. steam 2-3 gb at release time
wait i can't figure out if it already loaded in background or if it bugged and didn't update, could you please tell me how much GB is you game folder?
Ebosch747: Is the update supposed to be really slow when its in the "Applying patches" phase? Is it supposed to not finish until the game unlocks? I swear my game has been applying patches for like an hour for a 9.7gb update.
I'm also having this happen. For me it started around 56%.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Karfloog
Oh no. You are right. Went to check my folder. My 9.7GB also reserved around 60GB. So I think when the game releases in a few hours it is still going to do another massive patch update. Ouch, there goes a huge chunk of my monthly fair usage data. :(
I guess I wont need fast interest after that for a while though. Will be to busy playing Cyberpunk. HAHA.

Its almost here guys. Holy Cow, I'm getting way too excited here.
Oh, boy. It's happening mates! Sadly I have to work until 10:30PM central and won't be able to play until I get home. Work is going to suck today!! hahahaha I started the 9.7gb update so hopefully when I get home it'll just require the activation patch that's suppose to be a few hundred mgb.
DCAdjust: Oh no. You are right. Went to check my folder. My 9.7GB also reserved around 60GB. So I think when the game releases in a few hours it is still going to do another massive patch update. Ouch, there goes a huge chunk of my monthly fair usage data. :(
I guess I wont need fast interest after that for a while though. Will be to busy playing Cyberpunk. HAHA.

Its almost here guys. Holy Cow, I'm getting way too excited here.
After installing the update it gave me back most of the reserved 60GB. The 9.7GB patch was probably heavily compressed so it needed to reserve that much. That would also explain why applying the patch took quite long.
FluidExtractor: After installing the update it gave me back most of the reserved 60GB. The 9.7GB patch was probably heavily compressed so it needed to reserve that much. That would also explain why applying the patch took quite long.
For me, the game folder is actually 300MB smaller after the update.

It was 59.4GB before and now it's 59.1GB
Post edited December 09, 2020 by EVPointMaster
I hope reserving this much space won't become commonplace going forward. I had to take some quite drastic steps to free up another 65 gigs on my SSD.
Stromko: I hope reserving this much space won't become commonplace going forward. I had to take some quite drastic steps to free up another 65 gigs on my SSD.
My drastic measure was to delete Warzone and leave the whole 500Gb Nvme for CP2077.