It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fotoman1949: I keep seeing all kinds of rumors about a 49GB patch in addition to the 59GB pre-load we already got.

I don't normally pay much attention to internet rumors but the difference between our 59GB pre-load and the console size that is 100GB+ does have me wondering if there's a second massive DL coming.

Any official word on how big the Day 1 patch will be?
darxide: The 49GB patch was console only because the console versions are what they spent the last 3 weeks trying to get consoles up to the same scratch as the PC version. PC version patch will be nowhere near as big, but they have yet to mention how big it's going to be. I also don't think it's going to be a preload patch, either. We're under 24 hours to go until launch now, so it's definitely a Day 1 instead of a Day 0 like all the websites are reporting.

In addition to the launch patch (to include the vital bits of the game that were purposefully left out so people couldn't crack the preload and play early) there should not be that big of a patch. 10GB max if I were to guess, but who knows. It could end up being fairly large. I just really don't think so.

I have heard from Steam users that there's a scheduled update for Cyberpunk that's scheduled "in 5 minutes" that is perpetually "in 5 minutes" and that timer never counts down. Nobody has mentioned if that patch shows a size, but that there is your Day 1 patch. GOG Galaxy just does a better job of hiding it.
well the 10 gb is slightly problematic but hopefully the pc patch is managable just means waiting for a bit unless my job takes me to the middle of nowhere tomorrow...which knowing my luck had just been guaranteed
bahijal74: well the 10 gb is slightly problematic but hopefully the pc patch is managable just means waiting for a bit unless my job takes me to the middle of nowhere tomorrow...which knowing my luck had just been guaranteed
Well as I said, that's a straight from my butt worst case scenario guess. In my opinion, anyhow.
WrathfulBuddha: Can we Preload before the release?? , Im pretty sure xbox were able to preload the patch. Also reviewers playing on PC said they got a "midway" patch which was roughly 43gb. So one can only assume that will be the rough size of the patch we get aswell.
KageSpartan: That'll depend greatly on the language packs, I think. If you want all the languages (not recommended), than a 40-odd GB D1 patch isn't unreasonable. Utterly unnecessary, but not unreasonable.

Also remember that the reviewers got their copies a couple of weeks back, and the discs for console were printed at least six weks ago, so a large patch is likely required. For those of us preloading a couple of days early, with a build dated late last week, a much smaller download would be needed, if at all.
How do i check the build , cheers.
bahijal74: well the 10 gb is slightly problematic but hopefully the pc patch is managable just means waiting for a bit unless my job takes me to the middle of nowhere tomorrow...which knowing my luck had just been guaranteed
darxide: Well as I said, that's a straight from my butt worst case scenario guess. In my opinion, anyhow.
You're a nomad IRL lol.
bahijal74: I have to go with the questions about preloading the patch id prefer to download before i have to start driving again (truck driver) since i don't exactly know if i will have signal enough to download later or eve enough data on my hotspot if i need to use that. im hoping since they are allowing video and streaming content at 12CET tomorrow that means they plan to have the patch out around that time or not just.. god damn trucking makes my life so much harder
Stay safe driver.
Angel_Acevedo_Garc: Will we be able to pre load the patch? if its truly a 49 GB patch then this means i won't be able to play the damn game until pretty much one day later, come on
Well it wouldn't be a zero day / one patch if you could preload it :)) I fully understand why the patch will not be available prior to the 10th of December.
midrand: Well, we have two days to see how it turns out, don't we? I vote in favour of a 2GB+ patch being released simultaneously with the game. For offline installers it might be already incorporated, but for Galaxy it will be required.
REG2012: Don't you have to download all the data first?
You do, so for Galaxy you hopefully downloaded pre-patched game already, now you will need to download the patch.

For offline installers, if GOG decided to care about its users at least a little bit, zero/one day patch should be included in the .bin files already. If not, then you will have the same data as Galaxy + the full ptach.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by midrand
midrand: Well it wouldn't be a zero day / one patch if you could preload it :)) I fully understand why the patch will not be available prior to the 10th of December.
I don't. It's not like they're working on it till the last hours. It does have to go through QA.

On consoles it's different, since patches have to be certified, on PC devs have free reign, but they usually do test them still.
midrand: Well it wouldn't be a zero day / one patch if you could preload it :)) I fully understand why the patch will not be available prior to the 10th of December.
Akachi: I don't. It's not like they're working on it till the last hours. It does have to go through QA.

On consoles it's different, since patches have to be certified, on PC devs have free reign, but they usually do test them still.
and that is probably what is happening - it's going through QA. If I was CDPR, I would take my time till the release day to fix up the patch if needed. Just logical.
darxide: Well as I said, that's a straight from my butt worst case scenario guess. In my opinion, anyhow.
REG2012: You're a nomad IRL lol.
lol i mean.. sorta? lol
Akachi: I don't. It's not like they're working on it till the last hours. It does have to go through QA.
Exactly this, come on bro. If it's such a gigantic ass patch at least let me pre load it
NEW UPDATE YALL.
Marcin Momot says GOG patch will be a few hundred mb. steam 2-3 gb at release time
bahijal74: NEW UPDATE YALL.
Marcin Momot says GOG patch will be a few hundred mb. steam 2-3 gb at release time
My Galaxy just started downloading 9.7gb patch.
bahijal74: NEW UPDATE YALL.
Jarden: My Galaxy just started downloading 9.7gb patch.
Same here - 9.7GB. Much better than 40+GB :D
Jarden: My Galaxy just started downloading 9.7gb patch.
DCAdjust: Same here - 9.7GB. Much better than 40+GB :D
yeah same from what i can tell thats probably the activation for the game thanks for saying though just started mine now
Looks like my guess was right on the money.