It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

REG2012: Yes cloud services are PCs. But you need a device to connect to them. If the device isn't up to par then you're going to have a bad time. They are real platforms. They exist so therefore they are real.
They are not a separate platform, is the point. You don't need to "port" to Stadia. They are just running the PC version somewhere at the Stadia headquarters.
REG2012: I don't care about console generations. They are peasant boxes. I don't concern myself too much with them. The Witcher 3 development started in 2011. PS4 and Xbox One were both released at the end of 2013. The game worked fine on them. CDPR started developing CP2077 around the same time. But hardware evolved and changed during that time. PC users upgraded as needed. We always do. We don't whine and complain that a dev didn't make the game work on outdated hardware. Yes PS4 and Xbox One were outdated by the time Cyberpunk was deep in development. They tried to force a round peg into a square hole. They knew it wasn't going to work. Yet they did it anyway. Any person that has been a gamer for a significant amount of time knows what hardware is required to get a game running. If they don't have the hardware to match what is required that is their problem. Not the devs. Which in this case made a port they knew wouldn't work properly.
And yet you proceed to talk about them as if you know your ankle from your elbow on the matter.
Here's the kicker: there are games that run circles around Cyberpunk when it comes to both graphics and complexity - and they do so while giving decent FPS on those same "outdated" consoles.

And maybe, just maybe, the person trying to force a round peg into a square hole is kind of an idiot? Especially if they knew that they needed to fit whatever they are holding into the hole long before they had it.
REG2012: Modern CPUs are not x86. They are 64 bit. 32 bit is old tech and no longer used these days.
Well, you're even more technically illiterate than I thought, which is rich coming from a glorious PC master race guy.

Here, educate yourself:
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86
Post edited December 20, 2020 by KentGAllard
REG2012: Yes cloud services are PCs. But you need a device to connect to them. If the device isn't up to par then you're going to have a bad time. They are real platforms. They exist so therefore they are real.
KentGAllard: They are not a separate platform, is the point. You don't need to "port" to Stadia. They are just running the PC version somewhere at the Stadia headquarters.
REG2012: I don't care about console generations. They are peasant boxes. I don't concern myself too much with them. The Witcher 3 development started in 2011. PS4 and Xbox One were both released at the end of 2013. The game worked fine on them. CDPR started developing CP2077 around the same time. But hardware evolved and changed during that time. PC users upgraded as needed. We always do. We don't whine and complain that a dev didn't make the game work on outdated hardware. Yes PS4 and Xbox One were outdated by the time Cyberpunk was deep in development. They tried to force a round peg into a square hole. They knew it wasn't going to work. Yet they did it anyway. Any person that has been a gamer for a significant amount of time knows what hardware is required to get a game running. If they don't have the hardware to match what is required that is their problem. Not the devs. Which in this case made a port they knew wouldn't work properly.
KentGAllard: And yet you proceed to talk about them as if you know your ankle from your elbow on the matter.
Here's the kicker: there are games that run circles around Cyberpunk when it comes to both graphics and complexity - and they do so while giving decent FPS on those same "outdated" consoles.

And maybe, just maybe, the person trying to force a round peg into a square hole is kind of an idiot? Especially if they knew that they needed to fit whatever they are holding into the hole long before they had it.
REG2012: Modern CPUs are not x86. They are 64 bit. 32 bit is old tech and no longer used these days.
KentGAllard: Well, you're even more technically illiterate than I thought, which is rich coming from a glorious PC master race guy.

Here, educate yourself:
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86
Yeah that guy can't see past his own wants, Probably no point informing him either.
KentGAllard: They are not a separate platform, is the point. You don't need to "port" to Stadia. They are just running the PC version somewhere at the Stadia headquarters.

And yet you proceed to talk about them as if you know your ankle from your elbow on the matter.
I never said the Stadia version is a seperate platform. The Stadia version still runs on a PC. The user has to use a device to access it. That device uses a modem to connect to the data center. The ISP has computers that process the data packets to and from the data center. Therefore without PCs there is no way to play or update games. Capeesh little one?

Tell me one game that is next gen that runs on previous outdated console hardware. I'll wait.

But I do. Why do you think the MINIMUM required CPU is 64 bit? Because they aren't going to develop or support anything less. If a user doesn't want to get hardware that matches the requirements. That is on them. Their problem. Not the dev.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by REG2012
It seems obvious at this point CDPR got this wrong for older consoles and I would say the content of the game is light also (Features promised).It runs OK on my modest rig. I never seem to learn about pre ordering. I thought CDPR had some good mojo (My Bad). Never again. That said for about $39.00 is about a fair price for this game. I haven't finshed yet I'm hoping it gets patched up good before I go all in.

Name calling gets no one anywhere
REG2012: I never said the Stadia version is a seperate platform.
Yeah, you kinda did; mentioning it otherwise would be pointless.
REG2012: Therefore without PCs there is no way to play or update games. Capeesh little one?
Cut down on the sass, my little one wouldn't fit in your mouth, sweetheart.
REG2012: Tell me one game that is next gen that runs on previous outdated console hardware. I'll wait.
Sure thing.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the upcoming Horizon sequel...
REG2012: But I do. Why do you think the MINIMUM required CPU is 64 bit?
So you didn't go and educate yourself, I see. I'll skip this bit until you do.
REG2012: If a user doesn't want to get hardware that matches the requirements. That is on them. Their problem. Not the dev.
When a dev sells their game on a platform, it should work on that platform. If it doesn't, it's on the dev.

Also the game runs like crap on PC as well, so your point's moot anyway.
*Grabs popcorn!.exe
KentGAllard: Sure thing.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the upcoming Horizon sequel...
None of those are next gen. Try again.
REG2012: None of those are next gen.
Says who?
REG2012: Try again.
I don't have to, seeing as I succeeded the first time around.
REG2012: None of those are next gen.
KentGAllard: Says who?
REG2012: Try again.
KentGAllard: I don't have to, seeing as I succeeded the first time around.
No you didn't. You don't even know what next gen means scrub.
REG2012: You don't even know what next gen means scrub.
Yeah I do. You don't know what next gen means, and by your own admission in this very thread, no less.
This is Intense*

In tents.